Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach (1966 Views)

Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) / Injured HammerHead Shark Killed In Lekki, Lagos After Being Washed Ashore / Nigeria Vs NewZealand: How They Responded When Whale Were Washed Ashore(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach by dotman4real007(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2016
Paul Jones posted the photos on Facebook, writing: "Today at Great Yarmouth we found what looks like a dead Mermaid washed up on the beach."
The images have now been shared over 20,000 times, and have attracted a great deal of attention from commenters trying to determine what the creature is.
Paul Jones posted the images on Facebook
Some conspiracy theorists are adamant it's a mermaid, with one poster writing "Rip Ariel", referencing Disney's The Little Mermaid.
Others were less convinced, suggesting it could be a dead grey seal, which are commonly found living in colonies off the east coast.
FACEBOOK
The 'mermaid' appears to be rotting away, with its mid-section already part decayed
However, it appears there might be a simpler explanation - Mr Jone's Facebook account suggests he is a keen modeller, with a special interest in creating creepy figures.

1 Like

Re: SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach by dotman4real007(m): 10:16am On Oct 26, 2016
oga ooo!!

Re: SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach by ElsonMorali: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
At least If you're going to scam people make it a little bit less obvious.

Mermaid ko, mammy water ni.

1 Like

Re: SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach by dotman4real007(m): 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
ElsonMorali:
At least If you're going to scam people make it a little bit less obvious.

Mermaid ko, mammy water ni.
And who is trying to scam, please always read the article before commenting, it is common sense.
Re: SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach by ElsonMorali: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
dotman4real007:

And who is trying to scam, please always read the article before commenting, it is common sense.

I really shouldn't reply you, but I will. Scam is what you do when you try to deceive other people to gain undue advantage over them.

Scam isn't always about money.

So he using photo editing skills or his superb graphics modelling skills to spread a falsehood is scam.

Now do you understand or I still need to break it down for you?
Re: SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach by dotman4real007(m): 7:55am On Oct 29, 2016
ElsonMorali:

I really shouldn't reply you, but I will. Scam is what you do when you try to deceive other people to gain undue advantage over them.

Scam isn't always about money.

So he using photo editing skills or his superb graphics modelling skills to spread a falsehood is scam.

Now do you understand or I still need to break it down for you?
Because you don't believe that mermaids exist does not mean they don't exist, they have been sighted in spain and even caught on camera. Its not everything that is a propaganda or a scam as you put it.
Re: SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach by temmypotter(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Several mysteries in the world.. this is why I don't totally dispute this claim. however. it could also be a scam
Re: SHOCK FIND: Mystery As Rotting ‘MERMAID’ Washed Up On British Beach by ElsonMorali: 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
dotman4real007:

Because you don't believe that mermaids exist does not mean they don't exist, they have been sighted in spain and even caught on camera. Its not everything that is a propaganda or a scam as you put it.

Please can you upload the videos of the mermaids caught in Spain, thank you.

2. I specifically mentioned that particular picture uploaded. It looked faked and was confirmed as one by the article so...

(1) (Reply)

Checkout This New Sophisticated Plane Designed For American President(photos) / Multilinks Mobile And Table Phone For Sale. (internet Enabled) /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.