Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing (1109 Views)

Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Demons, Angels, Vampires Etc // Extraterresterials, Aliens, Ufos - Same Thing! / Let’s Drop Bible, Qu’ran, But Embrace Sango, Amadioha, Ayelala During Oath-takin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by Lautechgossip(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2016
For Christians, the Holy Bible is the word and the law, which they adhere strictly to in all aspects of their lives. For the Muslims, the Quran is the word of Allah which they follow closely.

Most people think that this religions can be in harmony, while others feel they should be at loggerheads. What do you think? Before you answer, here are some verses from both books that say the exact same thing on various subjects:

1. Zechariah and John
While speaking on the matter of Zechariah and his son John the Baptist, here is what the Quran says:

Quran 3:39: Then the angels called him, while he was standing in prayer in Al-Mihrab (a praying place or a private room), : “Allah gives you glad tidings of Yahya (John).”

And the Bible says:
Luke 1:11-13: Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.… The angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John.

2. Angels and humans
On how angels feel about humans and their sins, the Quran had this to say:

Quran 42:5: …The angels exalt [God] with praise of their Lord and ask forgiveness for those on earth…

While the Bible says:
Luke 15:10: …The angels of God rejoice over one sinner who repents.

3. The seed and the growth
Do you know what causes seed to grow from the ground and bring forth fruit? The Quran says this:

Quran (63:64): Then tell Me about the seed that you sow in the ground. Is it you that make it grow, or are We the Grower?

The Bible toes the same line, saying:
1 Corinthians 3:7: So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

4. Swearing by God’s name
Swearing an oath using God’s name is obviously frowned upon as we see in these verses. The Quran says:

¬Quran 2:224: Do not use God’s name in your oaths as an excuse to prevent you from dealing justly.

In the book of Exodus, the Bible says:
Exodus 20:7: Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

5. Parents and obedience
Wondering how parents should be treated? Here is what the Quran has to say:

¬Quran 17:23-24: You shall be kind to your parents. If one or both of them live to their old age in your lifetime, you shall not say to them any word of contempt nor repel them, and you shall address them in kind words. You shall lower to them the wing of humility and pray: “O Lord! Bestow on them Your blessings just as they cherished me when I was a little child.”

The Bible summarizes it in two lines, saying:
Exodus 20:12: Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

6. In praise of God
The Bible in Revelation has this to say about praise of God:

Revelation 4: 11: “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things; by Your will they exist, and came to be.”

The Quran has this to say about the praise of Allah:
Quran 2:255: “Allah! None has the right to be worshiped but He, The Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth.…”

7. Guardian angels
Speaking on the matter of guardian angels, the Quran had this to say:

Quran 6:61: “…and He sends guardians (angels guarding and writing all of one’s good and bad deeds) over you, until when death approaches one of you, Our Messengers (angel of death and his assistants) take his soul, and they never neglect their duty.”

The Bible book of Exodus had this to say about angels:
Exodus 23:20: “I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.”

Did we miss any? Share with us in the comment box below.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2016/10/unbelievable-7-times-bible-and-quran.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Seun
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2016
Checking it out
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by INTROVERT(f): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2016
Was the birth of Mohammed as a saviour or pmrophet prophesied in the Quran and is there an English version if Quran.

1 Like

Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by EHMIR(m): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2016
INTROVERT:
Was the birth of Mohammed as a saviour or pmrophet prophesied in the Quran and is there an English version if Quran.
what are u driving at exactly
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by IVORY2009(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
INTROVERT:

As-salamu alaykum!!
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by annunaki2(m): 12:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
EHMIR:
what are u driving at exactly

She is trying to say both the quoran and mohammed lack credibility.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by EHMIR(m): 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
annunaki2:

She is trying to say both the quoran and mohammed lack credibility.
meanwhile the bible is a collection of fable
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by alfarouq(m): 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
INTROVERT:
The Quran was revealed to Muhammad pbuh. The Quran confirmed and affirmed the fact that Muhammad was prophesied in the previous scriptures Allah revealed.
There is no English version of the Quran but there is the Quran with English translations.
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by Blackfire(m): 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
attarche by force.....

leave the bible out of your drowning Qur'an.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by analice107: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
Lautechgossip:
For Christians, the Holy Bible is the word and the law, which they adhere strictly to in all aspects of their lives. For the Muslims, the Quran is the word of Allah which they follow closely.

Most people think that this religions can be in harmony, while others feel they should be at loggerheads. What do you think? Before you answer, here are some verses from both books that say the exact same thing on various subjects:

1. Zechariah and John
While speaking on the matter of Zechariah and his son John the Baptist, here is what the Quran says:

Quran 3:39: Then the angels called him, while he was standing in prayer in Al-Mihrab (a praying place or a private room), : “Allah gives you glad tidings of Yahya (John).”

And the Bible says:
Luke 1:11-13: Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.… The angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John.

And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
Luke:1:17
[b]3. The seed and the growth

Do you know what causes seed to grow from the ground and bring forth fruit? The Quran says this:

Quran (63:64): Then tell Me about the seed that you sow in the ground. Is it you that make it grow, or are We the Grower?

1 Corinthians 3:7: So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

4. Swearing by God’s name
Swearing an oath using God’s name is obviously frowned upon as we see in these verses. The Quran says:

¬Quran 2:224: Do not use God’s name in your oaths as an excuse to prevent you from dealing justly.

Exodus 20:7: Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

5. Parents and obedience
Wondering how parents should be treated? Here is what the Quran has to say:

¬Quran 17:23-24: You shall be kind to your parents. If one or both of them live to their old age in your lifetime, you shall not say to them any word of contempt nor repel them, and you shall address them in kind words. You shall lower to them the wing of humility and pray: “O Lord! Bestow on them Your blessings just as they cherished me when I was a little child.”

The Bible summarizes it in two lines, saying:
Exodus 20:12: Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

6. In praise of God
The Bible in Revelation has this to say about praise of God:

Revelation 4: 11: “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things; by Your will they exist, and came to be.”

The Quran has this to say about the praise of Allah:
Quran 2:255: “Allah! None has the right to be worshiped but He, The Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth.…”

7. Guardian angels

Quran 6:61: “…and He sends guardians (angels guarding and writing all of one’s good and bad deeds) over you, until when death approaches one of you, Our Messengers (angel of death and his assistants) take his soul, and they never neglect their duty.”

Exodus 23:20: “I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.”

Did we miss any? Share with us in the comment box below.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2016/10/unbelievable-7-times-bible-and-quran.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Seun
By all means Muslims want to have something to do with Jews and Christians they hate with a passion, sorry, it won't work.

Now, lets see your what you have here.

Zechariah and John[/b]

And the Bible says:
Luke 1:11-13: Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense.… The angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John.]

When Jibril visited (What is Zacharias's name in Islam, what was the glad tidings of Yahya did he bring? because in the Bible, Gabriel did just bring glad tidings, he told Zacharia who John will be, what he will do, in others words, Gabriel stated the mission or ministry of John the Baptist.

Here was Johns mission on earth.

And he shall go before him (Jesus) in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
Luke:1:17

And this is in accordance with the prophesy that has gone forth before concerning who John will will be.

Pls i need you to post the glad tidings Jibril brought to (what is his name?)

Point No 2

If Angels interceded for muslims, Angels do not intercede or mediate for Christians or Jews. Angels are ministers of salvation to Christians.
Ministers are servants, so, Angels serve Christians not pray for us.

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
Hebrews:1:14

Stop lying sir.

3). The seed and the growth[/b]

Lol. You are so out of joint that you have no single idea what 1Cor 3:7 is saying. Apostle Paul, (the man you hate with your bile) is not talking about crops, seeds (Like mango and beans) which are planted on the ground, He is talking about Souls of men. He is talking about preaching the gospel and God bringing men into his Kingdom. lol

4). Swearing by God’s name[/b]

Lol, what allah is saying there is that, "If you want to lie, don't use his name to swear, but you can use at any other time.

Jesus says...

Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths.

But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
Matthew:5: 33-34

Let your Yes be simply Yes, and your No be simply No; anything more than that comes from the evil one.

We do not swear at all.

5). So, in your opinion, Bible copied and summarised the koran? even when the koran was written 640 years after Jesus had acceded into heaven. I can actually give you the time span between the book if exodus and koran.
lol.

6). Muhammed did even write the koran, but those who wrote it tried in their plagiarism, that really shows how much of a sham the koran is.

It can never stand on its own and make sense.
Muslims, you need us to stay relevant.

7). Guardian angels[/b]

gp

In Christianity, Angels do not take records of our activities whether they be good or bad.
Our salvation is free, it's not dependent on what we have done or can do.

I don't know, how does your koranic verse tally with the Exodus you quoted?

Sir, we are use to you Muslims hating and killing us, leave it at that, stop looking for relevance by trying to find similarities between Islam and Christianity. Satan wants you kept deceived that is why he plagiarised the Bible making the two religions alike. They are not Sir.

Maintain your lane. Light and Darkness has no agreement.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by analice107: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
EHMIR:
Then stop quoting from it lets see how far Islam will go. Use your head. They tell you its a collection of fables but they keep quoting from that collection of Fables to back up every point they make. Who is stupid and a lie here?

Ok, Koran is the real deal, but why not allow the Jews and Christians quote from the koran for once? why only muslims quoting from our Fabled book?
weytin dey worry you for head?

3 Likes

Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by Blackfire(m): 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
infact why don't u finish it up by saying that Jesus is a Muslim...

and pls do tell me how he invented chewing stick for my African grandfathers.

the only thing Islam 've in common with any books.. is a story in a book called tears, sorrows and blood.
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by EHMIR(m): 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

Then stop quoting from it lets see how far Islam will go. Use your head. They tell you its a collection of fables but they keep quoting from that collection of Fables to back up every point they make. Who is stupid and a lie here?

Ok, Koran is the real deal, but why not allow the Jews and Christians quote from the koran for once? why only muslims quoting from our Fabled book?
weytin dey worry you for head?
why the lamentation,e pain u like that,lol
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by analice107: 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
EHMIR:
why the lamentation,e pain u like that,lol
You see why i said you are a child? Pls get off my mention let me talk to adults. I cant engage you.
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by EHMIR(m): 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
analice107:

You see why i said you are a child? Pls get off my mention let me talk to adults. I cant engage you.
it must ve pained u to the bone......take hrt my brother
Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by annunaki2(m): 6:19am On Oct 27, 2016
EHMIR:

And the quoran keeps copying from it

4 Likes

Re: 7 Times The Bible And Qu’ran Said Exactly The Same Thing by true2god: 6:54am On Oct 27, 2016
The subject should have been: 7 areas the Quran quoted the bible. The Quran quoted the Bible here to prove it own point because both books are different in their ideology and style of composition.

Just a reminder, the old testament Hebrew scripture had been in place for over 2000 years before Islam/Mohammed's Quran while the new testament Christian scripture had been in place for almost 600 years before Islam/Mohammed. So Quran must have copied from existing scriptures which Mohammed was familiar with.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Round The Clock Protection - Joseph Prince / Curse Revoking ~ The Secrets On How To Revoke Curse / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/10/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.