Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why Are Countries, States, Cars Etc Always Addressed As 'she' Or 'her' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Countries, States, Cars Etc Always Addressed As 'she' Or 'her' (3190 Views)

Are Countries With Deep Christian Roots Leading In Legalisation Of Gay Marriage? / Zik was illiterate: south Africa,western Nigeria,south Korea All are Countries / Why Are Countries With Nuclear Weapons Against Others Who Want To Develop Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Countries, States, Cars Etc Always Addressed As 'she' Or 'her' by desthan(m): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2009
I have being meaning to ask this question, any idea pls
Re: Why Are Countries, States, Cars Etc Always Addressed As 'she' Or 'her' by PapaBrowne(m): 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2009
And why are Hurricanes always named after ladies?? Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Elle ETC.
Re: Why Are Countries, States, Cars Etc Always Addressed As 'she' Or 'her' by snowdrops(m): 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2009
And what is the politics in that question
Re: Why Are Countries, States, Cars Etc Always Addressed As 'she' Or 'her' by desthan(m): 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2009
who gives a rat Bleep, would you rather prefer it in romance just answer the damn question or take a walk
Re: Why Are Countries, States, Cars Etc Always Addressed As 'she' Or 'her' by snowdrops(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2009
Desthan, abi na "satan".
Your ZOO KEEPER dey on strike today, or you miss your kolo medication?
There is a reason for threads to be clearly separated otherwise what we will be left with is commotion which babbons like you thrive in.
Re: Why Are Countries, States, Cars Etc Always Addressed As 'she' Or 'her' by Pharoh: 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2009
This is a current affair or political question i am not sure but to answer your question it is because they grow or they can be transformed into another country or state hence the female label. Women are seeing as the symbol of creation so since this state and country can be created out of nothing or something then the right label is the "HER" label.

Anyway i am not sure if i am right though grin
Re: Why Are Countries, States, Cars Etc Always Addressed As 'she' Or 'her' by Eziachi: 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
Why is only Nigerian moslems are addressed as ALHAJI & ALHAJA?

(1) (Reply)

The True Face Of Thieves In Nigeria / Boko-Haram Recruiter Arrested In Maiduguri / Who Will Swear In Nyesom Wike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.