Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch (1467 Views)

Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary / Is Exxon Mobil The Highest Paying Multinational Oil Firm In Nigeria For 2018? / Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by azerbaijanbase: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
The Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers on Wednesday issued a 21-day ultimatum to the Federal Government, urging it to prevail on international oil companies operating in the country to stop the ongoing mass retrenchment of oil workers to avoid further loss of jobs.
National President of NUPENG, Mr. Igwe Achese, stated this on Wednesday at the end of a meeting of the Central Working Committee of the union held in Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.
Achese said many oil companies, including Chevron, ExxonMobil, Pan Ocean and Ground Petroleum, among others, were leaving the country following the prevailing economic recession, which has led to the sacking of about 3,000 oil workers.
He said if the Federal Government fails to stop the ongoing massive retrenchment in the sector, many oil workers would be sacked by their employers.
“It is painful to say as I address you, Chevron has wound up in the East and their offices closed. A total of 1,500 workers were sacked without their entitlements and nobody is saying anything. As we speak, many companies have left and many others are winding up to go.
“Many oil companies are winding up, including ExxonMobil, Pan Ocean, Sapiem Ground Petroleum, and Hercules Offshore Nigeria Limited. About 3,000 workers have already been sacked by the various oil companies.
“The Federal Government should act fast to avert further loss of jobs. There is too much redundancy in the oil industry, which needs urgent action from government to salvage the situation,” Achese said. oil companies.
“The Federal Government should act fast to avert further loss of jobs. There is too much redundancy in the oil industry, which needs urgent action from government to salvage the situation,” Achese said. punchng.com/3000-sacked-multinational-oil-companies-pull/
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by donk552(m): 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
Chain

1 Like

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2016
That is what you get when you vote certificateless cow rearer_ recession, lost of jobs, hunger and starvation. Next time when they come shouting "sai chanji", spite on the zombies' faces.

3 Likes

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
Buhari finally succeeded in grounding our economy. What manner of change is this?

1 Like

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by lekkie073(m): 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
APC....shame!
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by SillyMods: 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hypocrites, wailers, flaties, sadists and good-for-nothing who support Niger Delta Avengers and other economic terrorists blowing pipelines upandan are same set of idiots blaming govt for job losses and reduced allocations to states.

You can't eat your cake and have it.

2 Likes

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by Fyno: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
When the whole world is going digital,Afonjas led to Analog

1 Like

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by chemicalDisease: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
For those of them that voted change.

they deserved it.

but for those that saw the future and voted against this dullard as d president.
God will surely provide.
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by Fyno: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
When the whole world is going digital,Afonjas chose Analogue

2 Likes

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
SillyMods:
Hypocrites, wailers, flaties, sadists and good-for-nothing who support Niger Delta Avengers and other economic terrorists blowing pipelines upandan are same set of idiots blaming govt for job losses and reduced allocations to states.

I think those insults should be directed to Buhari, for it is his fault that he could not dialogue like the way late Yaradua and ex president GEJ did.

Some of the insults should also go back to you for failing to know this.

2 Likes

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by omenka(m): 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
Sai Niger Delta Avengers!! Blow up everything!! cheesy

Una never start to cry yet. Bunch of retarded monkeys. "Many companies have wound up in the East" my foot.

Dem never even start to wind up sef.
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by limeta(f): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
malele:

U are the most useless human being in this life, u will never see good in life, all the bride u collect to sprew trash in this forum will shallow u.
U are a disease , that deserved to be buried.

Was it in buhari regime militant started?

Don't allow me to curse u more, cause it will happen to u

Pls curse him and make it happen he deserve it

1 Like

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by meezynetwork(m): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
Buharrrrrriiiiiiiiii
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by omenka(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
SillyMods:

Didn't even read your comment before posting mine. cheesy

Leave dem, dem never start dey complain! We the "environmental activists" have decided we would join the NDA cheerleader cum Samsung flatrons in cheering the terrorists on! grin
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by limeta(f): 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
Avenger,s is winning
Taking away the feeding bottle.
Cry Afonja children cry.

1 Like

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by SillyMods: 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
limeta:

grin cheesy grin

Warped, screwed mentality and belief!
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by omenka(m): 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
SillyMods:
grin cheesy grin Warped, screwed mentality and belief!
gringrin
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by SillyMods: 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
omenka:
gringrin
These guys are just too gullible and backward. Just imagine her believing such nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by SillyMods: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
limeta:

Where is your malele now?

grin cheesy grin
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by dEastActivist: 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
SillyMods:

[b]Exactly my chief honourable zombie in his early twenties, you can't eat your cake and still have it.

Lets look at the source of all these, You see, you hypocrite was among those hailing buhari when he said he will treat the 5% according to what they gave him. When the dullard made this statement you were shining your gworo teeth like you were part of oral B advertisement team.I guess You were blinded by bigotry.

When the militancy resumed operation BC of this, we were asking for dialogue on their behalf but you guys shouted us down advising buhari to go ahead and scrap the amnesty and went ahead and keep reminding us about the so called sheriff in town. Who he EPP? I donno

Now the whole brouhaha has gone beyond your messaiah, BC of this the economy went into recession, dollar hiked, retrenchment everywhere and yet you still have the effrontery to shift the blame just like a normal zombie. Well done!!!

I'm urging myself to let you know that you and your zombie goons deserve every bit of suffering you are getting from this govt, enjoy it and never try to blame your woes on someone else. Take your suffering like a man OK!! cheesy[/b]

2 Likes

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by dEastActivist: 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
omenka:
Sai Niger Delta Avengers!! Blow up everything!! cheesy

Una never start to cry yet. Bunch of retarded monkeys. "Many companies have wound up in the East" my foot.

Dem never even start to wind up sef.

I understand your type... So emotional that you can easily be read like the cartoon in the back of vanguard newspaper...

Kwontinue suppering and smiring cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by obailala(m): 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
First of all, Nigeria isn't the only place where thousands of OIL WORKERS are losing jobs, this is a global phenomenon due to the crash in oil prices and profits of oil companies.

Secondly, the matter would definitely be worse in Nigeria because in addition to the crash in the oil prices, the NDA and the other attachee militant groups springing up for whatever (possibly political) reason, have chosen this very time of crisis in the oil industry to suddenly remember that the Niger Delta is undeveloped.

Meanwhile may strong thunder strike down the bastards who have been glorifying the bombing of pipelines but still come around on this thread to wail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by SillyMods: 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
[s]
dEastActivist:

[b]Exactly my chief honourable zombie in his early twenties, you can't eat your cake and still have it.

Lets look at the source of all these, You see, you hypocrite was among those hailing buhari when he said he will treat the 5% according to what they gave him. When the dullard made this statement you were shining your gworo teeth like you were part of oral B advertisement team.I guess You were blinded by bigotry.

When the militancy resumed operation BC of this, we were asking for dialogue on their behalf but you guys shouted us down advising buhari to go ahead and scrap the amnesty and went ahead and keep reminding us about the so called sheriff in town. Who he EPP? I donno

Now the whole brouhaha has gone beyond your messaiah, BC of this the economy went into recession, dollar hiked, retrenchment everywhere and yet you still have the effrontery to shift the blame just like a normal zombie. Well done!!!

I'm urging myself to let you know that you and your zombie goons deserve every bit of suffering you are getting from this govt, enjoy it and never try to blame your woes on someone else. Take your suffering like a man OK!! cheesy[/b]
[/s]
Sorry, got no time to read trashy trash.

1 Like

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by afanide: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
They should go into Agro EXPORT.....
My signature below.....
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by omenka(m): 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
SillyMods:

These guys are just too gullible and backward. Just imagine her believing such nonsense!
Ahap!! You never see anything!! grin
Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by omenka(m): 9:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
obailala:
First of all, Nigeria isn't the only place where thousands of OIL WORKERS are losing jobs, this is a global phenomenon due to the crash in oil prices and profits of oil companies.

Secondly, the matter would definitely be worse in Nigeria because in addition to the crash in the oil prices, the NDA and the other attachee militant groups springing up for whatever (possibly political) reason, have chosen this very time of crisis in the oil industry to suddenly remember that the Niger Delta is undeveloped.

Meanwhile may strong thunder strike down the bastards who have been glorifying the bombing of pipelines but still come around on this thread to wail.
AMEN!!!

Cc: All iPod turkeys. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3000 Sacked As Multinational Oil Companies Pull Out- The Punch by Adesiji77: 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Doheney Graduate Finishing School / I Need Your Advice On My Career And Choosen Profession. / Do You Want To Make Money From Home? With Zero Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.