Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. (2898 Views)

Flooded Owerri And Claims Of Photoshopped Pictures / Is Dr Angela Uwakwem above the Federal Government of Nigeria??? (Images) / This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by 4goodpasture: 12:24am On Oct 27, 2016
My attention has been drawn to so many articles circulating on the information media about the medical director of Federal Medical Centre Owerri Dr Angela Uwakwem, for which some were accusing her of corruption and being high handed with the intention of maligning her long built good reputation. For this reason, I have decided to let the cat out of the bag as to give attention to these circulating materials because Nigeria is a country where silence to allegations is assumed as being truthful.
There is a saying that when one points a finger on another, the other four fingers points back at the person. Even the holy book admonishes us to remove the log in our eyes so that we would see clearly to remove that of another. I think there are two sides to a story and that is why one should never be in a haste to make conclusions. I am a staff of this affected institution ‘’ Federal medical centre Owerri’’ and I think I am in the best position to feed Nigerians with the right information. I could vividly remember the old FMC before the inception of Dr Uwakwem who has now transformed a dilapidated FMC into one of the best hospitals in the southeast. The ultra modem buildings, facilities etc were all built by the same accused Dr. Angela Uwakwem. I am not trying to exaggerate but a visit to FMC Owerri will testify to my claims.
What crime did Angela Uwakwem commit? She committed the crime of stopping some criminally minded health workers from vandalizing and stealing government properties. She committed the crime of instilling discipline in health workers by punishing defaulting ones. Few months ago, she embarked on her annual leave and handed over to an interim administration. The rate of corruption in FMC Owerri rose to an unjustifiable and unbearable magnitude such that nurses sell gloves and some hospitals materials at such a jaw dropping price to unsuspecting patients. Those in accounts department own fake receipts, collect money from patients and offer them fake receipts which they printed from home. Our Laboratory technicians use government reagents to run their own private businesses and sometimes collect money directly from patients without paying into hospital account. Selling of blood donated for emergencies is nothing to write home about. During emergencies, doctors are told there is no blood available to attain to an emergent condition but when a patient’s relative meets them in private and offers money becomes available from the same blood bank that initially had no blood. This is just to mention but a few. In her absence, the hospital deteriorated that we could not even afford a syringe. Patients are forced to get materials for them to be attended to and at the end pay huge hospital bills that were never accounted for. You could imagine a hospital that could generate about 30 million Naira or more monthly could no longer boast of 2 million naira. Patients are everywhere in the wards, hospital beds are filled and yet we could not buy diesel to power hospital generators. Our previously functioning ambulances now have flat tires with cobwebs on them, our pharmacies are out of stock, all the ventilators in our theaters and intensive care units have failed, our radiology machines are no longer functional. Patients now get turns and are scheduled for scans because only one out of the eight ultrasound machines is working. Life has been made so unbearable for patients and relatives alike by the attitude of health workers, ranging from a non caring, and abusive nurse in the ward to the laboratory technician who could not provide their investigations on time due to one flimsy excuse or the other. Patients swallow all these problems because they have no capable one to report to who would take some disciplinary measure against such malicious staff. Patients now use their personal clothing as bedspread which was never heard of before Dr Angela Uwakwem embarked on her annual leave.
All these are the crimes of Dr Angela Uwakwem because she has stepped on toes of all those that have tried to enrich themselves with government money and properties at the detriment of all Nigerians. They are after her because she has insisted on the diligence among health workers. Like our president Mohammadu Buhari said, the fight against corruption must begin with each and everyone us. I advice all erring health care worker to fight the corruption in themselves before accusing one of corruption. It is only a pig that loves swamp. Majority of the staff have sworn to step out of the swamp we once lived in when Dr Angela Uwakwem was absent by making sure she is reinstated and your effort to put us and other Nigerians back into the swamp for your selfish interest can no longer be possible. I advice every Nigerian to disregard such allegations that holds water only on media and visit FMC owerri and confirm if all I have said here is the truth or not.
Angela Uwakem has transformed FMC owerri and must be allowed to complete her tenure. Like the Ministry rightly said, ‘’Anyone who feels he/she cannot work with Dr. Angela Uwakwem should resign’’. I have forgotten to mention that this same allegation against her was properly investigated by a 15 member panel and still exonerated her. Another false information spread by same malicious health workers that some babies died while a teargas was spread to disperse the violent mob. All these are efforts to malign her. I have taken time to visit the baby care units and no death was recorded in any of the units now I begin to wonder where such information emanated from.
Finally, I advise all Nigerians to disregard such maligning information against Dr Angela uwakem who is striving to make sure that Nigerians enjoy quality and affordable health care delivery in FMC owerri.

6 Likes

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by csamii: 12:47am On Oct 27, 2016
I haff tire for Nigeria sef! One day one trouble.

I believe you op. Everything you mentioned sounds and look like what those staffs are capable of.

1 Like

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by TheArchangel(f): 12:58am On Oct 27, 2016
In ll this " massive corruption" stories you forgot the crux of the matter - how doctors divert patients to their private hospitals.

What a biased article. So all the workers of FMC Owerri are corrupt except the MD,? Tel me a new story. Please.

4 Likes

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 27, 2016
Wow, nice write up my dear, so you mean to tell me that the entire hospital except you are against one good woman, the last I checked, the health workers were not agitating to be the MD, rather they just want the woman to wait until she is cleared in court but she doesn't want to wait cos she is scared more than all the allegations are true, What does she need 400 police Men for, Doctors are the MD of all tertiary hospital, Is she the only MD in Nigeria? if not why her, I don't want to take sides cos there are three sides to every story so my dear let the court decide.

2 Likes

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 27, 2016
So it's only pharmacists, Nurses, Lab Scientists and Radiologist that are bad eggs in FMC owerri, This is like the most stupid post in Nairaland. Why can't the said MD wait for court orders, What is she scared of, I'm not trying to say that you are wrong but let court give it's verdict, Let the said MD wait until she is proven innocent by a competent law court but until then, You and the said MD should swerve, I'm not surprised you are the only one supporting her looks like you also tasted the hospital yam, say no to yam eaters. and for what it's worth please

2 Likes

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by docadams: 1:26am On Oct 27, 2016
If I wasn't a member of the medical profession spanning several decades with greater proportion of it spent in government institutions, I would have taken the OP report with a pinch of salt. But, alas, such is the practise, as posited by you, in most govt hospitals

But OP, the doctors, are also complicit by engaging in some unwholesome practises, ranging from extortion, patient diversion, poor work ethics , lateness to work, to absenteeism.

However, whenever efforts are initiated to root out many of these ills, the greatest resistance usually come from the non clinical personnel like the pharmacists, lab scientists/technicians nurses, administrative staff, warders/porters, morticians etc. The doctors are much easier to discipline.

The solution lies wholly with the employer, in this case, FMOH and the hospital head, CMD. The hospital management will do well to handle offences individually rather than using an aggregated approach. With that, each person will strive to protect his/her job. A case of everybody for himself.

1 Like

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by frleopardo: 1:55am On Oct 27, 2016
@op, how much were you paid to sell your conscience?
Even without being there i know your story is a lie.
The original story said she has been there for 11years and she is still fighting the interim manager presently. Let me ask you: is she the life president of that organization? Or is it her father's company? Or do they practice a monarchical system where the present leader is relieved of his leadership only in the case of death?
Experience has taught me that when someone has been in a place of authority for long and is still fighting to remain there that person is corrupt.
Secondly, your story says she handed over 'a few months ago' to go on leave. Are you now telling me that if she truly elevated the hospital to such high standard in the course of 11years, the level of corruption to which the hospital has descended occurred within a space of 'a few months'.
@Op, stop lying, say the truth and shame the devil.

3 Likes

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Rucheen(m): 3:41am On Oct 27, 2016
Who made her a demigod? everybody is corrupt except her. shift jor
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by xelly: 3:51am On Oct 27, 2016
This goes to show that Buhari is not fighting corruption. Why is this case still pending? Must Angela be the MD? A move from PDP to APC did the wonder for her. It is now " When I see the blood, I will passover"

The EFCC, DSS have all gone deaf and dumb in this case. Change indeed..

Corruption koor
Kwaraption ni

Perhaps Angela is in Za Oza Zoom with Za Prezizent grin grin grin
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by zuchyblink(m): 5:01am On Oct 27, 2016
OP,if you are not a staff pls go to za oza room. Do you know that FMC Owerri staff are the least paid federal institution in Nigeria? When the salary come,they divide it into and give to the political bigwigs in the state. They don't go on courses,some haas stayed 8-9yrs without promotion,some will go from CONHESs2 to CONHESS3 and no more promotion for them forever,no conversion,promotiom arrears have not been paid,voodism,high handedness and others
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by chuksbogus2001: 5:57am On Oct 27, 2016
Op the MD can't be as this good as you painted her . Almost all the WORKERS/want her out.mind u I didn't say ,nurses or pharmacists, or radiologist, even her own colleague doctors want her out. if she is good at least majority of the workers would have supported her but none is doing so except YOU that is saying this under the influence of Naira

1 Like

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 6:08am On Oct 27, 2016
kretoz:
Wow, nice write up my dear, so you mean to tell me that the entire hospital except you are against one good woman, the last I checked, the health workers were not agitating to be the MD, rather they just want the woman to wait until she is cleared in court but she doesn't want to wait cos she is scared more than all the allegations are true, What does she need 400 police Men for, Doctors are the MD of all tertiary hospital, Is she the only MD in Nigeria? if not why her, I don't want to take sides cos there are three sides to every story so my dear let the court decide.

Apparently, they don't want someone who will stop their corrupt and evil deeds. Court does not determine the tenure of MDs. If I may ask, who took her to court? These are all baseless propaganda.
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 6:22am On Oct 27, 2016
kretoz:
So it's only pharmacists, Nurses, Lab Scientists and Radiologist that are bad eggs in FMC owerri, This is like the most stupid post in Nairaland. Why can't the said MD wait for court orders, What is she scared of, I'm not trying to say that you are wrong but let court give it's verdict, Let the said MD wait until she is proven innocent by a competent law court but until then, You and the said MD should swerve, I'm not surprised you are the only one supporting her looks like you also tasted the hospital yam, say no to yam eaters. and for what it's worth please

You're wrong, which court order? That is a baseless propaganda. The health workers acted as a whistle blower and raised corruption charges against her. The federal government who owns the institution made her proceed on annual leave and set up a 15 man panel, who investigated and exonerated her. The permanent sec of Ministry of health even came out on Channels and apologised to her for the wrong accusations. Now, the federal government made public the findings and said we're reinstating her, and if you have any grievances, go to court. And all the paramedical and non medical staff could do is to protest. During one of their protests last year, they entered into the wards and chased patients and doctors away, and right in front of me, they removed Oxygen from someone on life support. My prayer is that those that did that, the day they will need life the most, it shall be taken away from them. Amen The man died of course. They beat up the acting MD then. These people are not noble at all, they behave like hooligans. All they keep doing is raise propaganda here and there. They must never allowed to protest in the hospital. If they have any grievances, either they go to court or resign from their duty.

1 Like

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by kyrios: 6:25am On Oct 27, 2016
Lalastica Seun abeg fp material
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by xelly: 6:28am On Oct 27, 2016
Realtouchnot:

You're wrong, which court order? That is a baseless propaganda. The health workers acted as a whistle blower and raised corruption charges against her. The federal government who owns the institution made her proceed on annual leave and set up a 15 man panel, who investigated and exonerated her. The permanent sec of Ministry of health even came out on Channels and apologised to her for the wrong accusations. Now, the federal government made public the findings and said we're reinstating her, and if you have any grievances, go to court. And all the paramedical and non medical staff could do is to protest. During one of their protests last year, they entered into the wards and chased patients and doctors away, and right in front of me, they removed Oxygen from someone on life support. My prayer is that those that did that, the day they will need life the most, it shall be taken away from them. Amen The man died of course. They beat up the acting MD then. These people are not noble at all, they behave like hooligans. All they keep doing is raise propaganda here and there. They must never allowed to protest in the hospital. If they have any grievances, either they go to court or resign from their duty.

How many month does one stay for annual leave? Am in IMO state and I have followed the case of FMC for a reasonable time now. How many people did she invite for bribe if she is free or blamesless as you claim?

Does she have case in court?

So if she is going for annual leave as claimed, her term will go with her and interim will be constituted? Brotherly, when you want bto defend, do it with your head, at least be smart.
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 6:44am On Oct 27, 2016
docadams:
If I wasn't a member of the medical profession spanning several decades with greater proportion of it spent in government institutions, I would have taken the OP report with a pinch of salt. But, alas, such is the practise, as posited by you, in most govt hospitals

But OP, the doctors, are also complicit by engaging in some unwholesome practises, ranging from extortion, patient diversion, poor work ethics , lateness to work, to absenteeism.

However, whenever efforts are initiated to root out many of these ills, the greatest resistance usually come from the non clinical personnel like the pharmacists, lab scientists/technicians nurses, administrative staff, warders/porters, morticians etc. The doctors are much easier to discipline.

The solution lies wholly with the employer, in this case, FMOH and the hospital head, CMD. The hospital management will do well to handle offences individually rather than using an aggregated approach. With that, each person will strive to protect his/her job. A case of everybody for himself.

The woman does not even spare doctors. in fact the way she treats them, you begin to wonder if she's their colleague. No matter how big or small you think you are, if she finds you wanting you're in for it. Naturally, people hate discipline, but I must tell you that woman is the best administrator in Nigeria public service. If you visit the hospital, every storeyed building you see, was erected by her. Her tast for quality is on another level. She has massively transformed the hospital. She made the hospital the highest IGR generating government hospital in Nigeria. That's why the Ministry is still insisting on Dr Angela Uwakwem. She supervises work herself and she's every where. That woman knows the name of most workers in that centre. Any day you're not at your duty post, you may receive her call. People naturally hate this things. The final sin was when she began a move at privatizing some aspects of the hospital due to gross inefficiency in them. The big wigs in Pharmacy and Laboratory who are leaders of JOHESU, that evil union rose against her. Unimaginable things go on in our hospitals. Laboratory technicians who own laboratories in town will be using hospital reagents to run the tests they bring from outside the hospital, and the hospital would be at loss at the end of the month. They're so lackadaisical to work, that people needed to wait for unthinkable days to get the result of their tests. The pharmacy guys will leave the drugs procured by the hospital to expire. They will be dispensing the ones they bring or the one of hungry companies who pay them. When the woman could not tame them, she said let's a mini form of private sector involve. This made them rise against her in full strength
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by nobilis: 6:47am On Oct 27, 2016
OP, ride on bro.
People who are not even in the thick of the matter will be allowing people's sentiments to sway them one way or the other.

Ask people who have had opportunity of being patients in this hospital since this woman was asked to go on "leave". They will tell you the sorry state of the hospital. Initially, people were thinking that the FG was deliberately sabotaging the efficiency of the hospital in order to force people to accept the woman back. But things became clearer as time progressed.

Lab scientists in the blood bank sell blood that was donated by patients. They use hospital laboratory reagents to run tests for their private labs outisde the hospital. You go to submit samples, they refuse to collect. You ask them to follow u to collect samples in the ward, they refuse. Many of them bought cars out of the proceeds of their shady deals in these months of the woman's absence.

Accounts people divert monies into their accounts. They will always make sure that there is no electricity in the hospital so that they will be justified in not being able to key in monies that patients pay into the hospital accounts.

Nurses buy and sell latex gloves, surgical gloves, plaster, drips and almost every imaginable hospital supply at highly exorbitant prices. And if u ask them, they will tell you they are selling it to help patients out; that the hospital is out of stock for those supplies. And if u dare ask why those supplies cannot be made available in the hospital, u will receive the insult of your life.

Compare this to the period when this woman was in place as the MD. Every single staff in that hospital was up and doing. Everybody knew and did his/her job. No mago mago anywhere. Because if u mess up, u will at least be given a query or even suspended. Things were always working.

These are verifiable facts.

I'm not saying she is a saint. She doesn't have excellent personnel managerial skills but she always got the hospital to work. She took the to the heights it is at now. FMC owerri is like best Federal Medical Centre in Nigeria just because of this woman.

But they connived to remove her and laid all sorts of silly accusations against her so that they can continue and be benefiting from all the shady deals they have been involved in before she ventured in to stop them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 6:52am On Oct 27, 2016
frleopardo:
@op, how much were you paid to sell your conscience?
Even without being there i know your story is a lie.
The original story said she has been there for 11years and she is still fighting the interim manager presently. Let me ask you: is she the life president of that organization? Or is it her father's company? Or do they practice a monarchical system where the present leader is relieved of his leadership only in the case of death?
Experience has taught me that when someone has been in a place of authority for long and is still fighting to remain there that person is corrupt.
Secondly, your story says she handed over 'a few months ago' to go on leave. Are you now telling me that if she truly elevated the hospital to such high standard in the course of 11years, the level of corruption to which the hospital has descended occurred within a space of 'a few months'.
@Op, stop lying, say the truth and shame the devil.

If you work in that hospital, you'll cry at how wicked and evil Nigerians can be. The kind of brazen evil that went on in that institution this one year she was on compulsory leave will make you shade tears. People are extremely wicked! Honestly, the woman has her bad side as per extra welfare of workers, but she is not what they've painted her to look like. The same people that are shouting, looted that hosoital dry in one year. The details are so shocking. God deliver Nigeria!
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 6:59am On Oct 27, 2016
zuchyblink:
OP,if you are not a staff pls go to za oza room. Do you know that FMC Owerri staff are the least paid federal institution in Nigeria? When the salary come,they divide it into and give to the political bigwigs in the state. They don't go on courses,some haas stayed 8-9yrs without promotion,some will go from CONHESs2 to CONHESS3 and no more promotion for them forever,no conversion,promotiom arrears have not been paid,voodism,high handedness and others

When Prof Adewole, the minister of health visited the hospital, the staff raised all these issues and the minister there and then told them the problem was not from her but from Abuja. I don't think these issues are what should make the federal government to lay her off.
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 7:08am On Oct 27, 2016
chuksbogus2001:
Op the MD can't be as this good as you painted her . Almost all the WORKERS/want her out.mind u I didn't say ,nurses or pharmacists, or radiologist, even her own colleague doctors want her out. if she is good at least majority of the workers would have supported her but none is doing so except YOU that is saying this under the influence of Naira

Because of what has happened this past one year, even most of the workers don't want her out. They have seen her importance. If you were a patient or had a relative who was a patient this past one year, you'll curse those wanting her out, cos these same people would have made you to suffer with their annoying attitudes to work. The hospital literally almost packed. These people ran down the hospital. The only people still making a little noise is the evil conglomerate called JOHESU. One of their sincere members told me if they declare any strike, he's going to ignore them and continue his work, that they are only fighting for ego now.
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by docadams: 7:14am On Oct 27, 2016
Realtouchnot:

The woman does not even spare doctors. in fact the way she treats them, you begin to wonder if she's their colleague. No matter how big or small you think you are, if she finds you wanting you're in for it. Naturally, people hate discipline, but I must tell you that woman is the best administrator in Nigeria public service. If you visit the hospital, every storeyed building you see, was erected by her. Her tast for quality is on another level. She has massively transformed the hospital. She made the hospital the highest IGR generating government hospital in Nigeria. That's why the Ministry is still insisting on Dr Angela Uwakwem. She supervises work herself and she's every where. That woman knows the name of most workers in that centre. Any day you're not at your duty post, you may receive her call. People naturally hate this things. The final sin was when she began a move at privatizing some aspects of the hospital due to gross inefficiency in them. The big wigs in Pharmacy and Laboratory who are leaders of JOHESU, that evil union rose against her. Unimaginable things go on in our hospitals. Laboratory technicians who own laboratories in town will be using hospital reagents to run the tests they bring from outside the hospital, and the hospital would be at loss at the end of the month. They're so lackadaisical to work, that people needed to wait for unthinkable days to get the result of their tests. The pharmacy guys will leave the drugs procured by the hospital to expire. They will be dispensing the ones they bring or the one of hungry companies who pay them. When the woman could not tame them, she said let's a mini form of private sector involve. This made them rise against her in full strength

We are not far apart analytically. Like I said the doctors are easier to discipline. The fact that it is a federal institution compounds the issues further. Influences from near and far are brought to bear on an issue that is local.
Painfully, the workers, inexplicably, have their way most of the time.

1 Like

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 7:15am On Oct 27, 2016
kretoz:

Why are people this gullible? How can an individual muster 400 police? If she muster 400 police, will there still be police remaining in the whole state? Yes commissioner of police personally came to the institution and delivered FG's wish to all the staff, that the MD must complete her tenure, you can with her if you wish of you may resign. A few of his boys were on ground to stop any protest which could disrupt patient care in the hospital, that's all.
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 7:21am On Oct 27, 2016
Just like the Op, I am among the workers (who are in majority as we speak now), who want the hospital to work again. Rochas has made sure non of the state hospitals are working since more than one year now, and FMC is the only functional hospital in Imo state, apart from private hospitals. Our people should not continue to die because of people's greed and personal mundane reasons. Since the FG has said she's going to complete her tenure, let the hospital work once again. #FMCwork
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:21am On Oct 27, 2016
I am more interested in the fact that 400 policemen were at fmc two days ago, on the call of Mrs Angela and seven babies died from teargas injury.
True or true?

1 Like

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by ImoRiver: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
I am more interested in the fact that 400 policemen were at fmc two days ago, on the call of Mrs Angela and seven babies died from teargas injury.
True or true?

That's a lie. As an Imo State citizen my plea to Angela is to resign even if she is innocent. For any institution to function there must be peace and understanding between management and staffs. Dr Uwakwem may be an incorruptible and extremely good woman but since majority have rejected her goodness then she should resign honorably.
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 7:46am On Oct 27, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
True or true?

It's a lie. no teargas was used two days ago, and no baby has ever died since from police operation in the hospital. Do you think police doesn't have brain? This is all propaganda. A man however died during one their prostests last year, when they entered the wards and chased patients and doctors away. Right before me, they removed oxygen from someone on life support and the man died. The went and colleceted some money from those patients as there bills and warned them to leave. Other patients in the wards were hurriedly carried away by their relatives. Mind you police never came to the hospital then. I believe this is wha4 the FG wanted to prevent by assigning police to maintain tranquillity, and thy are not 400 police men. where will you even muster that number?
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by xelly: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
True or true?

The use of teargas is true. There's a report of a certain woman who had CS according to a nurse in the ward who is currently my neighbour during the incident ran off naked in pool of blood from the ward just as other patients also ran for their life too. The nurse told me that there's video evidence to this. If it is possible, I will get and upload for all to see.

I saw not less than 15 hilux van filled with police. Each police man dressed in helmet, bullet proof vest etc. As though they are going for counter terrorism operation.

Remember, I have nothing to do with this hospital, neither do I know Angela personally nor have I had any contact with them. Am only making report as I observed and heard from eyewitness.
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by nelszx: 8:31am On Oct 27, 2016
Realtouchnot:

Whom do you even refer to as technicians? Cos in the said FMC there are Laboratory Scientists, Technicians and assistants. Please address people by what they are quit the derogatory terms before it gets personal

My dear stop painting others as the devil at least we know that the devil you know is better than the angels unknown. Are you by chance saying the Drs in FMC Owerri are saints? If I may ask which group of professionals first rose against the said MD due to how she has man-managed the institution?

I've met with her in person and I'd say she's very free spirited and I really liked her. Left to me I'd say she continues in her good works and the once peaceful FMC regain it's place as the number 1 in Nigeria but OP please don't use derogatory terms and Saint feigning to score cheap points. If at your age, you don't know who laboratory technicians are then it's a pity

1 Like

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by YoungBrain: 10:07am On Oct 27, 2016
@ 4goodpasture

Your post is the first to clearly say something coherent in her defense.

The team handling the media on her behalf sound more like sycophants.

It is good for the general public to see both sides of the coin.
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 27, 2016
Realtouchnot:

Please don't be offended but your comment doesn't add up, I red from previous write up that she is supposed to appear in court on 11th Oct. but it was shifted to 15th Nov. Dear in all my life, I have never seen where such a public statement about court order happens to be a lie and for crying out loud you don't need to paint other health workers black by lying that they went and removed oxygen which was being used by a dying patient, funny enough to Crown ur story u said the patient later died, that sounds so lame and stupid to believe, lets agree to believe you on the issue of oxygen removal and the death of a patient, If the woman in question is not corrupt why didn't she take them to court cos the last I checked, that's murder, so you expect me to believe that other health workers went on protest and a patient died and she kept it a secret despite the fact that those people wants her out, I laugh in Swahili, and mind you other health workers are not agitating to be the MD from what I heard, they only want the woman out until Court proves otherwise, any other consultant should be chosen in her absence for the mean time but if you still try to confuse me on why she should not go to court but still want to be on that seat, then I must tell you that your lie was poorly cooked, dear you can lie better than that just try harder and with a more matured faked up stories

1 Like

Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2016
Realtouchnot:

Apparently, they don't want someone who will stop their corrupt and evil deeds. Court does not determine the tenure of MDs. If I may ask, who took her to court? These are all baseless propaganda.
It looks like you are not fully aware of what is actually happening cos for you to deny the existence of court order means that you don't have the slightest idea of what is happening or you are a fellow yam eater. I'm not supporting any of the group but there is no way that woman can control more than 97% of the work force in that institution with out court order so here is the deal if they is no court order as u claimed please let her take the other medical workers to court and guess what? by doing that, the case is solved, so it's either she honours the court order as well as step down so that another doctor takes over until court proves her innocent or she sues the other health workers to court, as simple as ABC
Re: The Fight Against Dr Angela Uwakwem In FMC Owerri And What You Never Heard. by Realtouchnot: 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
[quote author=kretoz post=50546205] Please don't be offended but your comment doesn't add up, I red from previous write up that she is supposed to appear in court on 11th Oct. but it was shifted to 15th Nov. Dear in all my life, I have never seen where such a public statement about court order happens to be a lie and for crying out loud you don't need to paint other health workers black by lying that they went and removed oxygen which was being used by a dying patient, funny enough to Crown ur story u said the patient later died, that sounds so lame and stupid to believe, lets agree to believe you on the issue of oxygen removal and the death of a patient, If the woman in question is not corrupt why didn't she take them to court cos the last I checked, that's murder, so you expect me to believe that other health workers went on protest and a patient died and she kept it a secret despite the fact that those people wants her out, I laugh in Swahili, and mind you other health workers are not agitating to be the MD from what I heard, they only want the woman out until Court proves otherwise, any other consultant should be chosen in her absence for the mean time but if you still try to confuse me on why she should not go to court but still want to be on that seat, then I must tell you that your lie was poorly cooked, dear you can lie better than that just try harder and with a more matured faked up stories

So many things has happened in that centre. The FG sent her on leave since last year so that her alleged corruption could be investigated. She hasn't been to centre since then excepting last week. In fact, any time they see her near the hospital, they resumed their protest. The story about patient on life support is true and happened right before me so I'm talking as a witness. To the court issue, if I may ask, who took her to court and why? Is there any court order restraining her from resuming as the MD? No. She came back not on her on accord but on the instance of the minister of health who backed her with enough security personal and made a public announcement that if you don't want to work with her, you can resign. So spare the woman. I had earlier wanted that she resigned cos the whole issue was making the hospital which is the only functional government hospital in the state not to function. But since the ministry is hell bent on her, JOHESU should let peace reign or use legal means to settle their wahala instead of protesting in the hospital and destroying hospital property.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Was Jailed By Yoruba Magistrate In Lagos-prof Ben Nwabueze / Why Igbos Can’t Be Tamed / FLASHBACK: In 2012, Lai attacked Jonathan with TI’s corruption index

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.