Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,092 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Google Allo Update 2.0 Is Here, With New Features - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Allo Update 2.0 Is Here, With New Features (454 Views)

Android 9.0 Is Out For Samsung Galaxy A8+ / Android 9.0 Is Now Available For Pixel Users. P Stands For Pie. (photos) / Android Oreo 8.1.0 Is Now Available For Infinix Note 4 Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Google Allo Update 2.0 Is Here, With New Features by Tholluwallashe: 7:50am On Oct 27, 2016
Google Allo, an instant messaging mobile app developed by Google which launched in september this year has received its first update. Allo 2.0 is currently in the process of rolling out through the Play Store. Google Allo includes a virtual assistant and provides a “smart reply” function that allows users to reply without typing, but seems the newest update is here with so much more.

Below are the new features which come along with Allo 2.0

1. Support for toggling chats to monochrome
2. Direct Voice Recognition in Assistant
3. Splash Screen
4. Quick Reply Support
5. Split-screen Support
6. GIF Support in keyboard for 7.1+
7. App Shortcuts for 7.1+
8. Direct share

While these are very nice and commendable updates, I still think the instant messaging app by Google does not have what it takes to threaten or take on leaders in the industry, talking about Facebook and whatsapp which is the largest instant messaging app with over a billion users.

The addition of quick reply and split-screen support was necessary to take proper advantage of Android 7.0 Nougat’s feature set. With the Pixel devices shipping with Allo pre-installed, it was important for Google to provide the same set of features and experiences that we’ve grown accustomed to from other apps on Nougat.

Direct share is a nice update. Now, you can send text and images directly to specific people without even having to open the app. I like this one.

I guess they considered the lots of users still using old phones that load for a longer period of time, hence, the addition of the splash screen. So now, during loading times, such people would have something pleasant to look at and not just a blank and boring phone screen.

Well, if I were to offer my little advice to Google, I’d suggest they review this too and add more and more features to enable their product be at par or at least, pose as a potential threat to the likes of Facebook, whatsapp and so. But for now, they are a bulldog, but a toothless one.

Check images at >> Xtremetechhub.com

You can download the updated version on the Google play store.

Source :>> http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/10/google-allo-update-20-is-here-with-new.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Irepairs Monthly Bonaza / More People Would Rather Keep Using A Defective Samsung Note7 Than Buy An LG / MTN: We Did Not Sack Oyagbola — And We Paid No Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.