Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Diary Of The Testrun Of My Cucumber Farm In Ph, My Experience So Far - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Diary Of The Testrun Of My Cucumber Farm In Ph, My Experience So Far (871 Views)

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of The Testrun Of My Cucumber Farm In Ph, My Experience So Far by denero1(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2016
Have really been interested in agriculture. So I learnt a lot abt cucumber farming and decided to do a testrun on 1 plot of land beside my house. Bush clearing was done, after which tilling of the soil followed. Due to the nature of my job, I was unable to plant my seeds (Murano 2 F1 and Marketer) immediately. After 10 days, I applied inorganic manure (decomposed) to the spots I want to plant my seeds, with a 60cm spacing. Then allowing it to mix with the soil for 2 days, I planted my seeds and staked immediately. I think the pictures will explain better

Re: Diary Of The Testrun Of My Cucumber Farm In Ph, My Experience So Far by denero1(m): 8:26am On Oct 27, 2016
The seeds germinated within 4 days, but I noticed the marketer specie germinated faster and grows faster than the Murano specie. Will upload my pictures as I will visit the farm today. I forgot to mention, soldier ants attacked my young tender seedling, so I fumigated the farm with pesticides u days ago. I guess that will do the magic.

Re: Diary Of The Testrun Of My Cucumber Farm In Ph, My Experience So Far by Pavore9: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2016
Happy we are now viewing empty spaces around us from a different perspective!
Re: Diary Of The Testrun Of My Cucumber Farm In Ph, My Experience So Far by INFOTECH2: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2016
Very nice.

As long as we continue to utilise empty land within our environment, success is guaranteed.

Continue to upload your progress.
Re: Diary Of The Testrun Of My Cucumber Farm In Ph, My Experience So Far by denero1(m): 11:20am On Oct 27, 2016
Pavore9:
Happy we are now viewing empty spaces around us from a different perspective!
Very soon we will start making use of uncompleted buildings. Lol cool
Re: Diary Of The Testrun Of My Cucumber Farm In Ph, My Experience So Far by Pavore9: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2016
denero1:

Very soon we will start making use of uncompleted buildings. Lol cool

I know some folks already doing that.

(1) (Reply)

Yam Export: Nigerian Farmers Begin Registration / Maize Farming Is A Millionaire Business,tap Into This Investment Opprtunity Now / Galdus Prestarter Feed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.