Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest (77141 Views)

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / Quality Bulldozer Land Clearing Service Nationwide. Reliable services. / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 10:00am On Oct 12, 2016
I will leave all the stories for market women and go straight to the point.

If you are one of the market woman, lol... Use this link.
https://www.nairaland.com/3304342/cucumber-farming-experience-lagos

My farm is located at Odo-egiri, Epe, Lagos State.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 10:32am On Oct 12, 2016
Land preparation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Following(m): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2016
ehm...i sabi sey recession don catch ur keyboard,but pls make it educative by stating farm size in metre-square, specie of crop planted,spacing among others and don't forget to give me tasting o!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 10:54am On Oct 12, 2016
Manure application and planting

I do "on the spot" manure application. By this I mean the spot I intend to plant the seed.

Then plant on row at 50cm space and 1inch deep. I plant one seed per hole.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2016
Seed

The best variety of seed that I know for now is Tokyo F1 and that is what I planted.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 11:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Cucumber starts to sprout around 4-5 days

This is how a week old cucumber farm looks.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2016
The network is recalcitrant here so manage the token I'm able to type and and upload.

I may modify later if need be.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
Fertiliser

I as well use inorganic fertiliser to enhance the growth. Depending on how chanced I am, I apply Urea at 14 to 21 days.

And I apply NPK 15:15:15 at 28 days that's when Tokyo F1 starts flowering.

In addition, I spray liquid fertiliser too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
This is Day 14

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
The White substance beside the plants is the yet to dissolve granule urea.
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
Following:
ehm...i sabi sey recession don catch ur keyboard,but pls make it educative by stating farm size in metre-square, specie of crop planted,spacing among others and don't forget to give me tasting o!
Noted. I will try

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by jephito(m): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2016
Pests and diseases

To prevent and control diseases and pests, I use insecticide a d Fungicide.

I spray insecticide at 4-5 days interval starting from after planting/before the plants sprout till harvest.

Fungicide is sprayed in that manner too but I usually start spraying it when the crop is more than 10 days whether infection or not.

Prevention they say is better than cure.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Pavore9: 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
We are learning. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by namuguibe(m): 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2016
Kudos to the OP. This truly represents the future of Nigeria's vision of a much needed strong agro-economy. The more people that get involved in farming like the OP, the shorter time it would take to achieve the nation's goal of self-sufficiency in agriculture and quality nutrition.

15 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by humurphia(m): 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
nice. but clears throat*..Ladies?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
How big would the cucumber be during harvest?
Any support from government?
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by okoye66: 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
jephito:
Cucumber starts to sprout around 4-5 days
This is how a week old cucumber farm looks.
U talk with experience tho.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by optional1(f): 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
na wa ooo lala no even allow Op land first e don push am to fp...
Deris God oooo

Op welldone work more grace to ur cucumber....

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by youngwarlocks: 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2016
ok
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by mizzpweety(f): 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nigeria :-XNigeria
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by inme: 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
Keneking:

Which Government

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by nmreports: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
Farming.. The next best thing
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by AlexCk: 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2016
Agriculture ti take over, crude oil dey f'up lately grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Pavore9: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
Keneking:
How big would the cucumber be during harvest?

It is personal hustle!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
G M O. Seed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest by hahn(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2016
I dey your back op
Been searching for an agro product to go into.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Huge Crocodile Caught Alive Behind A Nairalander's Poultry Farm In Ogun State / King Cobra Caught With A Wire Trap / Top 10 Food Crops Produced In Nigeria..which State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.