Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost (7243 Views)

I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... / My Nokia 5 Unboxing:Would You Choose A Tecno Or Infinix Device Over This? (text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by excanny: 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Please read with understanding!

I said if tecno cos $1 in Nigeria. That's N500 and Sammy cost $2 that's N1000, the diff btw N500 and N1000 is not as much as $1 and $2

By the way. Tecno phantom 6+ cost $272 while Samsung galaxy s7 edge cost $500

You see in dollars s7 is not overpriced for an actually way better phone than phantom 6+

If naira was N150 to a dollar
S7 edge would be 75k and phantom 6+ 40,800.

And we know that the year of phantom z when tecno costed about 40k with their rubbish, Samsung was over 100k.

So if we should reduce the price of Samsung to 75k, is tecno not suppose to be way less than 40k?

The truth is if tecno should build a galaxy s7 it would cost more than Samsung's sells thiers

Do you still think s7 is overpriced?

Yes. Very overpriced.

Though they don't make their phones for folks from struggling economies like Africa. They target mostly wealthy countries who wouldn't feel it buying their overpriced phones.

It's like selling a costly product to someone living in Banana Island. You can overprice as you want even if it's not worth it. The man still goes ahead buying because money isn't his problem.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by beejay247: 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Numbers numbers numbers

All you count is numbers.

If numbers tell it all, they, Won't be need for reviews, tests and comparisms.

Numbers is not everything

How it works real life is what matters.

People like you would also say s7 and phantom 6+ have equally sharp display if they have the same resolution forgetting that phantom 6+ screen is bigger meaning less ppi. But now 6+ even has less resolution.

Thats 1 over how many things to consider in a phone. Please stop counting numbers.

See someone talking about mega pixels, if its just numbers then Lumia 1020 suppose to be the best camera phone in the world

And phantom 6 plus 6+ camera together is not better than even galaxy s6 camera.

Are you minding them, they are easily deceived because all they care about are numbers......... shocked
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
PhonePlanet:

I thought I already started the diff btw overpriced and premium priced. Read the article again.

Plus based on pure specs, the phantom6 is no match for the iPhone
What's so special in iPhone that some persons are crazy for?
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by MizMyColi(f): 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
Phoneplanet, say the truth let devu shame small.

Have you used Phantom 6 plus before, or even phantom 6?
Even if it is just handling it at tecno retail shops?
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by omoalajah(m): 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
The game has changed, TECNO devices are now premium and worth it
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by datyorubaboy: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Leave him o to be talking about something he hasnt experienced. He is still in 2010 of TECNO i think
MizMyColi:

Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by missslimzy(f): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
Its not hard to buy a tecno phone in 2016. Wise up
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
MizMyColi:

You stop being sentimental and stereotypically parochial.

S7 is not overpriced at over 300k

But P6 plus is overpriced at 130k because it is Tecno.

If there wasn't an expose on what it actually costs to build iphone7 in comparison to its retail cost, you will still come here and claim it is not over priced, why?
Because it is iPhone and the other? Well, it's s Tecno!! It must pack many cute features and still sell cheaper than Akara.

undecided

I never said 6+ was overpriced. Never never

My argument is s7 is not overpriced and should not be compared to 6+ as its way better than 6+.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
excanny:

Yes. Very overpriced.

Though they don't make their phones for folks from struggling economies like Africa. They target mostly wealthy countries who wouldn't feel it buying their overpriced phones.

It's like selling a costly product to someone living in Banana Island. You can overprice as you want even if it's not worth it. The man still goes ahead buying because money isn't his problem.

So they should make substandard phones cos you are poor?
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
MizMyColi:

datyorubaboy:
Leave him o to be talking about something he hasnt experienced. He is still in 2010 of TECNO i think

Does me using it make it waterproof?
Or have a higherscreen resolution?
Or blood pressure scanner?
Or OIS
Or better camera
Or curved screen
Or longer battery
Or wireless charging
Or os updates
Or better customer support
Or better selfie camera
Or better android skin
Or better optimization
Or faster
Or use snapdragon
Or have fingerprint scanner (phantom 6)
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I never said phantom 6 was a low phone. It might be good enough for its price, but not good enough to be s7. Neither is s7 overpriced. And please do not compare the two
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by excanny: 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
PhonePlanet:

So they should make substandard phones cos you are poor?
I'm just saying Samsung s7 edge is outrageously overpriced.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by excanny: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
PhonePlanetPhoneNovice doesn't know the difference between phantom 6 and phantom 6+.

The funny dude thinks they're the same. grin
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by scarycuteface(m): 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lmao. This is comedy. Everything about this thread is wrong in my opinion. OP stating irrelevant facts, so the Mercedes Benz that made the olden Benz 280 and the likes should have stuck to it because of the so called standards? And not create the modern and sophisticated E, S and ML classes? You have to give credit to a company that's evolving and growing. And to say the phantom phones are expensive compared to other phones with almost the same capacities is an insult? Why? Because they are called Tecno? I think that should be the main reason we should applaud them. For persisting and launching world class devices. And oh, seems you have forgotten that the exchange rate is also affecting the prices of items. Credit to Tecno for this. I'm sure more nice and affordable gadgets are coming.

1 Like

Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by scarycuteface(m): 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
omoalajah:
The game has changed, TECNO devices are now premium and worth it
You get it. They broke into the markets with phones made for everyone, affordable for everyone and they didn't stop there. They kept getting better and better. Well, thank God I'm not a fan of names, I'm after what my device can offer me.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Behankey(m): 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
OP is looking at the "Tecno" name without looking at the specifications of these phones. I think only a deluded person will say the exchange rate hasn't affect the prices of things, and mere comparing these phones with other brands shows that its a coup. I guess you haven't experienced either the phantom 6 or 6+, you'll be amazed and possibly create another thread.

1 Like

Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by benzics(m): 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
scarycuteface:
Lmao. This is comedy. Everything about this thread is wrong in my opinion. OP stating irrelevant facts, so the Mercedes Benz that made the olden Benz 280 and the likes should have stuck to it because of the so called standards? And not create the modern and sophisticated E, S and ML classes? You have to give credit to a company that's evolving and growing. And to say the phantom phones are expensive compared to other phones with almost the same capacities is an insult? Why? Because they are called Tecno? I think that should be the main reason we should applaud them. For persisting and launching world class devices. And oh, seems you have forgotten that the exchange rate is also affecting the prices of items. Credit to Tecno for this. I'm sure more nice and affordable gadgets are coming.
This is exactly my point.. The op doesn't even know what he is saying.. look at the note 7..what's it's story today?
The s7 is overpriced if you don't know, the s7 battery is in no way better than the Phantom 6+,I wonder if you have even seen the 6+..s7 battery that was said to last maximum 12hrs on heavy usage, while the Phantom 6 can take you 16-18hrs on same usage.. . Even though the resolution of the s7 is bigger, both phones are still crystal clear and the s7 would consume more battery.. s7 camera might be "slightly" better than the Phantom 6+(thats if it's even better)..
All I see is an ignorant fellow who doesn't know what he is saying.. For the op to say "They are so many thing s7 does that even phantom 7 won't do." means his hate has gone beyond human comprehension.. . What if tecno would employ apple to build the Phantom 7 and put the ios 10, iPhone camera, 200gb+ storage on it?? You don't even know how tecno intend to build the Phantom 7 and you are already saying the s7 would be better than it.. your stupidity is beyond my understanding really..
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by cutiedave(m): 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
I was oppourtuned to handle d tecno phantom 6....and i must confess, tecno really wowed me....my perspective towards tecno has really changed

Dat phone is a world class phone, all i can say is if samsung produced such a phone, it would definitely ba sold at 200k and above cos dey sell their brand...

Tecno is getting it, i wonder y some pple still criticize dem....i bet if dey handle d phantom 6, their perspective towards tecno would be changed
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2016
excanny:
PhonePlanetPhoneNovice doesn't know the difference between phantom 6 and phantom 6+.

The funny dude thinks they're the same. grin
Aside that phantom 6 has dual camera slimmer 5.5 inch 21mp and has 6 cores while 6+ has finger print reader and 10 cores 6 inch and 13mp

What else?

Dude you're the novice here

Did you read the links I sent to you? I guess no!
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 8:47am On Oct 29, 2016
scarycuteface:
You get it. They broke into the markets with phones made for everyone, affordable for everyone and they didn't stop there. They kept getting better and better. Well, thank God I'm not a fan of names, I'm after what my device can offer me.
cutiedave:
I was oppourtuned to handle d tecno phantom 6....and i must confess, tecno really wowed me....my perspective towards tecno has really changed

Dat phone is a world class phone, all i can say is if samsung produced such a phone, it would definitely ba sold at 200k and above cos dey sell their brand...

Tecno is getting it, i wonder y some pple still criticize dem....i bet if dey handle d phantom 6, their perspective towards tecno would be changed

You guys did not read my tread well which is what most other people did. You all just scanned through it and felt I was saying tecno is making stupid phones and overpriced.

I never said so!

I said even if tecno has now improved they need a better way to get more money and customers for their now "good" products and one of the ways is creating a sub company. Selling their high end phones as premuim under these company.

And some idiot started comparing their phones to s7.

I laugh

Tecno cant be Samsung and would never be
Just like phantom 6 would never be s7.

That's what I've been saying.

I know its had for people to read online with understanding nowadays. I'm cool with that.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by shiftback: 8:57am On Oct 29, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Does me using it make it waterproof?
Or have a higherscreen resolution?
Or blood pressure scanner?
Or OIS
Or better camera
Or curved screen
Or longer battery
Or wireless charging
Or os updates
Or better customer support
Or better selfie camera
Or better android skin
Or better optimization
Or faster
Or use snapdragon
Or have fingerprint scanner (phantom 6)
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I never said phantom 6 was a low phone. It might be good enough for its price, but not good enough to be s7. Neither is s7 overpriced. And please do not compare the two
Do you have the Samsung galaxy s7?
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by ayeeshaapink: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2016
Good thread, but you have your post filled up with either hate for Tecno or you literally write with negativity
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by cutiedave(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2016
[quote author=PhonePlanet post=50597406]

Y
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by cutiedave(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2016
PhonePlanet:

You guys did not read my tread well which is what most other people did. You all just scanned through it and felt I was saying tecno is making stupid phones and overpriced.

I never said so!

I said even if tecno has now improved they need a better way to get more money and customers for their now "good" products and one of the ways is creating a sub company. Selling their high end phones as premuim under these company.

And some idiot started comparing their phones to s7.

I laugh

Tecno cant be Samsung and would never be
Just like phantom 6 would never be s7.

That's what I've been saying.

I know its had for people to read online with understanding nowadays. I'm cool with that.
And who the hell came up with the theory that tecno cant b compared to samsung...i cant categorically tell you that the diffrences between samsumg s7 and tecno phantom 6+ aint much so it doesent worth the great price differnce...

D major reason samsung and iPhones are OVERPRISED is dat dey sell their brands...
The amount of cash that goes into the advertisement of these phones are really high, and d only way they get their money is by overpricing their phones (imagine advertising in almost all countries in the world)

Sometimes the cost of advertising is even more dan the cost of producing these phones ...

So unless you are willing to pay for the brand, i dont see why i cant compare tecno pantom 6+ nd galaxy s7...

Bsides this your argument is one-sided, u havent handled the tecno phontom 6, and u just came to an imaginery conclusion that it cant b compared to the samsung s7...
Baba go and handle the phone and i promise u comeback here spewing rubbish again (u are judging the phantom 6 based on the tecno brand, thats where u got it wrong)

Ogenecaro...i know u very well o grin grin grin
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Dabsey: 9:19am On Oct 29, 2016
But one question; are you aware of the current exchange rates? knowing that this phone isnt manufactured in Nigeria?

Anyway sha, you have a point but you're clouding it with Negativiity
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
cutiedave:

And who the hell came up with the theory that tecno cant b compared to samsung...i cant categorically tell you that the diffrences between samsumg s7 and tecno phantom 6+ aint much so it doesent worth the great price differnce...

D major reason samsung and iPhones are OVERPRISED is dat dey sell their brands...
The amount of cash that goes into the advertisement of these phones are really high, and d only way they get their money is by overpricing their phones (imagine advertising in almost all countries in the world)

Sometimes the cost of advertising is even more dan the cost of producing these phones ...

So unless you are willing to pay for the brand, i dont see why i cant compare tecno pantom 6+ nd galaxy s7...

Bsides this your argument is one-sided, u havent handled the tecno phontom 6, and u just came to an imaginery conclusion that it cant b compared to the samsung s7...
Baba go and handle the phone and i promise u comeback here spewing rubbish again (u are judging the phantom 6 based on the tecno brand, thats where u got it wrong)

Ogenecaro...i know u very well o grin grin grin
Lol. It's actually Oghenekaro grin

I have actually handled the phone. Went to slot to check it out.

It's actually very nice and I can buy it.

But imagine the cost of making

Waterproof = 10k
Bp scanner = 10k
Snapdragon = 20k more than mediatek
Wireless charging = 10k
Amoled = 20k than LCD
Higher screen resolution = 20k than phantom 6

And other miscellaneous cost of building the phone that Tecno exempted = 20k

Together that's 110k more than tecno

Lets say we add a profit of 20k to existing profit made by tecno

That's 130k

If we should add 130 to current phantom 6+ 130k that's 260k.

And we both know that my price is not actual fact and it might even cost more than what I estimated.

now think of it. Is s7 overpriced?

I don't think phantom is but if you should add these stuff listed above to a phantom. Then we are looking at 260k for a phantom too.

Every company sells brand. It's business and had nothing to do with tech. Even tecno sells brand. The can't sell the same price with wiko even if they release the same exact phone

They are levels of companies, Just like they are levels of humans.

If you can talk and host a show, does it mean you'll be paid the same amount as they would pay Basketmouth?
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
ayeeshaapink:
Good thread, but you have your post filled up with either hate for Tecno or you literally write with negativity

I would just say "misunderstanding"

Cos I never said I hate tecno
I never said tecno was overpriced
I never said tecno phones were poor
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
shiftback:

Do you have the Samsung galaxy s7?

No. Why ask?
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
I'm tired of tecno phones. I want infinix.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by Freelancerx: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
I think these phones are good values for their prices. And besides , the exchange rate is a constraint. On a normal day, without poor economy, I think it shouldn't go for the current price. Well, people are using it and they're loving what their Tecno phones are giving them
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by shiftback: 8:10pm On Oct 29, 2016
PhonePlanet:

No. Why ask?
Don't you think because its overpriced that's why you dont have one?

I'm sure you would love to own one if not for the price abi?
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by PhonePlanet(m): 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2016
shiftback:

Did you read the second paragraph of my article?

I don't own one, but not because its overpriced, But because its expensive! And the phantom 6 is also expensive. Just that s7 is more expensive as its a better phone.
Re: Why It Maybe Hard To Buy A Tecno Phone At High Cost by dasphinx1(m): 1:01am On Oct 30, 2016
shiftback:

I hope you know that there is a difference between overpriced and expensive?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Stop MTN From Deducting Your Yafunyafun Bonus When You Have Data / ... / How To Get 100MB, 1Gig And 2Gig For 50, 250 and 450naira respectively on MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.