Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft (31005 Views)

Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application / Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by TheFreeOne: 11:01am On Oct 27, 2016
If you believe this then you'll believe anything.

Our political military doing Buboo's bidding...SMH

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by OBAGADAFFI: 11:03am On Oct 27, 2016
Bethelwealthy:
I, bethelwealthy, was on board NNS akpabana on the day it was commissioned, i even ate whole chicken in the gally, a B-Class war ship bought by Jonathan. I saw the delivery of 3 others like NNS Thunder, NNS Centinary and the most recent, NNS Unity, all are war ships of high callibre, bought from USA and China. I was also witness to the Purchase of Mine-sweepers, Fast Attack crafts, amphibious air attack crafts and so many...........Let Buhari's military continue to lie. But records dont lie.
when they are done looking for a $2.2b that is not missing, the whole truth about the security vote, which Jonathan has the right to share will finally come out.
To some of us, we know what really happened, to others, Lies matter.

Don't worry the Military will soon deny ever issuing such statement .

Most people using Ikorodu Road witness lot of Armored Tanks moving from Apapa to North

2 Likes

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by drss2(m): 11:04am On Oct 27, 2016
fitzmayowa:
The same military source that never spoke immediately after GEJ left office over 18months ago suddenly found his voice when GEJ spoke about buying arms...

Am I missing something here
remember it was dis govt, i tink liar mohammed dat claimed dat GEJ did not buy weapons for d army. wen GEJ countered him dat he bought enough weapons for d army before leaving office, liar mohammed as expected changed his story again dat actually, GEJ bought substandard weapons. sensing discrepancies for d army as they claim success against boko terrorist, d military den declared n countered liar mohammed dat "they (nigerian army) ar not fighting boko arams with substandard weapons." dat all d weapons they ar using to fight boko ar quality weapons.

knowing fully well dat buari dullard has not bought a single bullet, let alone weapons for d army after assuming office few months after, liar mohammed wen to oblivion. since den there has not been any talk about GEJ buying substandard weapons till now.
it is funy to know dat APC govt cankerworms in a bit to demonize GEJ dat he bought substandard weapons, forgot dat it was d same military dat burst their lies about using substandard weapons to claim defeat against boko arams.

2 Likes

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by 9japride(m): 11:13am On Oct 27, 2016
I doubt if the military authority said that. Maybe it was sticks, bow/arrow and catapult the military used in fighting BH. So the various military warhead I saw during the previous administration being transported to the north were toys and sport cars? Politics is a dirty game and we Nigerians are number one champion in that aspect rather than to come up with useful and viable programmes that will impact positively in the masses, we choose to play pepper eye politics. Maybe if we can't cope with modernization, we should go back to our various interior villages

2 Likes

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by deji68: 11:14am On Oct 27, 2016
check the link and date ....comeback and tell me if BH killed with those equipments are faking their death.. grin grin grin

https://beegeagle./2015/06/30/nigerian-military-operations-in-the-far-northeast/
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by progress69: 11:15am On Oct 27, 2016
pchukwudi:
Were you expecting him to buy the ones manufactured in your village?

Your claims are unverifiable, but even if it is, then know it today that it takes a man with strong political will to source weapons from wherever; when the US govt. refused to sell and also blocked other countries from doing so.

And before you tout your usual human right mantra, take a chill and ask yourself why it took USA, PMB and the entire northerners so long to percieve BH as a terrorist organization?

And wait a minute, do you even know how much it cost GEJ's Govt. in both local and international media campaigns to change people's sympathetic views of BH following their media popularity and sheild from nothern elders?

Kid, it's an infinite show of ignorance to talk down on GEJ's fight against terrorism.

[[s][/s]

Ignorance is deeply embedded in yoyrt DNA. Its no more Buhari and APC that brought BH. You have now shifted to saying "Northerners". Do you mean Northerners in your killer party u strife day and night to defend you shameless defender. Let me quickly refresh your deliberately amnesia.

1. Bokoharam have been in existence even before President Umoru Yar'adua became a president under PDP.

2. Bokoharam first manifested their violent tendencies under a Northern President brought to power by PDP. I am talking of president Yar'adua.

3. There was a quick clamp down on the sect, and the first leader Mohammed Yusuf was killed by security agencies extra judiciary.

4. The sect later resurfaced, and was allowed to grow from dane guns and petrol bombs attacking sect, to automatic, machine guns, tanks and anti aircraft guns wielding sect under the same PDP government of Jonathan.

Many if the weapons even used by BH were actually stolen from the unmotivated soldiers.

Who sells weapons to a country were insurgents will come and snatch.
Who sells weapons to soldiers that were grossly abusing and torturing innocent civilians in the guise of holding terrorists.

Selling of arms to Nigeria was suspended long after the insurgency had gone out of control, what happened before then? Is it only America and her allies that sells weapons? Enough of silly excuses u overgrown kid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 27, 2016
adekayo1234:
Jonathan was a failure though not a complete failure as we were made to believe but a failure all the same. He shouldn't be going around gallivanting around as though losing an election and conceding defeat is a great feat. He won't be the first and he won't be the last.
He's been trying hard to play to the gallery of recent but Nigerians know better

[size=16pt] I don't have problems with his going to respected institutions such as Oxford to deliver a lecture. But he should be conscious of the contents of his lecture. Whatever he says would be scrutinized. It is good that he has stopped scooping awards from unknown organisations. Jonathan shouldn't strive to be validated. Nigeria is the ultimate validation; and Nigerians are kind to him.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by meccuno: 11:20am On Oct 27, 2016
progress69:

This is not about being tribalistic, but you igbos have to take a chill pill. Sometimes the comments u guys make are just too senseless.

Imagine a civilian,known terrorist and rebel buying decommissioned war ships on behalf on a whole Nigerian Navy. That is the height of stupidity and Foolishness. It goes beyond a sane man's comprehension.

Its not news that the Airforce tru the forner CAS bought useless jets fir outrageous amounts, this all led to the death of Civilians and Military personnels.

Jonathan and all previous service cheifs, allowed the war against BH to fester for long long, and spinning out of control simply because of the blood they were making from it.

Jonathan was juat there like an Epka, a figure head, being spinned and deceived around.
I don't understand some people. GEJ released funds for the procurement of these equipments and they were mis-appropriated and the same man still was to blame. I don't blame you actually,I blame GEJ who put so much trust in the people from the North. Just like aguiyi ironsi did. How can one be so callous and wicked to his own people just for the sake of politics and financial gains? Sometimes we need to separate sentiments from actual facts. the person that needs to be arrested is the air force chief who was given the money and not jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by drss2(m): 11:22am On Oct 27, 2016
comshots:
Shey be na the substandard weapons buhari soldiers still dey use fight bokoharam wey lair Mohammad even say they have been technically defeated?
dont mind d govt of lies n propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by progress69: 11:23am On Oct 27, 2016
Bethelwealthy:
I, bethelwealthy, was on board NNS akpabana on the day it was commissioned, i even ate whole chicken in the gally, a B-Class war ship bought by Jonathan. I saw the delivery of 3 others like NNS Thunder, NNS Centinary and the most recent, NNS Unity, all are war ships of high callibre, bought from USA and China. I was also witness to the Purchase of Mine-sweepers, Fast Attack crafts, amphibious air attack crafts and so many...........Let Buhari's military continue to lie. But records dont lie.
when they are done looking for a $2.2b that is not missing, the whole truth about the security vote, which Jonathan has the right to share will finally come out.

Blantant liar, a nobody trying to deceive the gullible ones of like mind on the internet. The trillions stolen in the guise of weapon purchase is unimaginable and thr blood lost for the grand theft and incompetencr of the former comander in chief will hunt them and their families forever.

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by seunlly(m): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2016
Hope say they are not denying GEJ coz I know GEJ will not lie
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by drss2(m): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Don't worry the Military will soon deny ever issuing such statement .

Most people using Ikorodu Road witness lot of Armored Tanks moving from Apapa to North
u dey mind dis propaganda lying govt all d weapons deliverd to nigeria after buari was sworn-in were all paid for by GEJ since 2014.

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Osama10(m): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by deji68: 11:27am On Oct 27, 2016
4 warships were commisioned in a single day(feb 2015)...and 2,5billion dollars arms money still missing?

https://beegeagle./2015/02/19/nigerian-navy-commission-four-warships-today/

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by progress69: 11:30am On Oct 27, 2016
meccuno:
I don't understand some people. GEJ released funds for the procurement of these equipments and they were mis-appropriated and the same man still was to blame. I don't blame you actually,I blame GEJ who put so much trust in the people from the North. Just like aguiyi ironsi did. How can one be so callous and wicked to his own people just for the sake of politics and financial gains? Sometimes we need to separate sentiments from actual facts. the person that needs to be arrested is the air force chief who was given the money and not jonathan.

You guys just make Jonathan appear even more silly and stup**d. Are u insinuating that he was just an EKPA, a figure head who was just being used. That a sitting President of the moat populous nation in Africa, the so called giant of Africa. You guys have successfully shifted from blaming APC and Buhari for BH to, shouting North this and that. You even pretend not to hear him shamelessly defend Dansuki the ONSA ATM. Better just keep quite if u have nothing to say. No wonder he claimed he was elected to share wealth. Unfortunately its to share for people at the Top, not u not me. Be wise!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by drss2(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2016
nigerians, if u want to know d true nature of d so called $2 billion arms deal saga, REJECT ANY ATTEMP BY BUARI TO TRY DASUKI IN SECRET. SINCE DASUKI WAS DEMONIZED IN PUBLIC, LET HIS TRIAL BE PUBLIC.

2 Likes

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by dreezybines: 11:30am On Oct 27, 2016
This month is filled with peeps exposing each other...
From the cucumber story to obanikoro to kaffy to Celebs exposing booobs to madam ex first lady e.t.c

#FACT...This country is just too too corrupt...

2 Likes

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 27, 2016
Bethelwealthy:
And we sud just believe u because we don't know wat happen, abeg go n sleep jor.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 27, 2016
progress69:

Blantant liar, a nobody trying to deceive the gullible ones of like mind on the internet. The trillions stolen in the guise of weapon purchase is unimaginable and thr blood lost for the grand theft and incompetencr of the former comander in chief will hunt them and their families forever.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/177171-jonathan-commissions-4-new-nigerian-warships-vows-to-defeat-boko-haram.html

Jonathan commissions 4 new Nigerian warships,
vows to defeat Boko Haram
February 19, 2015 Premium Times

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by spidey77: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2016
NCANN:
Jona my man. if them like make them fire catapult of envy, them throw us bomb of jealousy, them can not stop our progress, my role model.

Bros eh, I'm from d naija delta n am advising u. Leave politics n brotherlism aside for 1nce n face issues. Jonathan was just keeping quiet while pole wrhr openly deceiving him

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Marpol: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

NNS Okpabana is a Hamilton-class high endurance cutter which formerly served with the U.S. Coast Guard as USCGC Gallatin (WHEC-721). Built at Avondale Shipyards near New Orleans, Louisiana, Gallatin was named for Albert Gallatin, the fourth and longest serving United States Secretary of the Treasury. Gallatin completed its final patrol 11 December 2013 and will be decommissioned in 2014 before being transferred to the Nigerian Navy.

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2016
deji68:
4 warships were commisioned in a single day(feb 12 2015)...and 2,5billion dollars arms money still missing?

https://beegeagle./2015/02/19/nigerian-navy-commission-four-warships-today/
I am seeing China donating ship to Nigeria. So wats ur point.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2016
charliboy654:

And we sud just believe u because we don't know wat happen, abeg go n sleep jor.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/177171-jonathan-commissions-4-new-nigerian-warships-vows-to-defeat-boko-haram.html

February 19, 2015 Premium Times
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by tonyzeal(m): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2016
So which one has bubu and his boys been using to defeat boko boys technically?cos so of us are awarethat bubu has not even bought one catapult.

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by deji68: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2016
China donated 4 warships to Naija grin grin grin grin if hope u got your chinko phone free from China too grin grin grin
charliboy654:

I am seeing China donating ship to Nigeria. So wats ur point.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by ginggerxy: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Money induced military, keep on deceiving Zombies & Nigeria at large.

You can deceive some people at a time, but you can't deceive everybody at the same time..
no be thesame military wey say no body die even as 80+ die, abi no be thesame military wey na boko haram informant? Make the keep dey lie na their self them dey decieve

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Marpol: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

USCGC Chase (WHEC-718) was a Hamilton class High Endurance Cutter of the United States Coast Guard. She was laid down on October 26, 1966 at Avondale Shipyards in New Orleans, launched on May 20, 1967 and commissioned on March 11, 1968. Chase is the fourth of twelve Hamilton Class, 378-foot (115 m) cutters, and the third cutter named in honor of Salmon Portland Chase. She was decommissioned on March 29, 2011 and transferred to the Nigerian Navy as an excess defense article under the Foreign Assistance Act as NNS Thunder (F90).[2][3]
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2016
charliboy654:

February 19, 2015 Premium Times.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by rabex123(m): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2016
fitzmayowa:
The same military source that never spoke immediately after GEJ left office over 18months ago suddenly found his voice when GEJ spoke about buying arms...

Am I missing something here
How can u speak against your boss
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by OBAGADAFFI: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2016
progress69:

The only regime that trillions was stolen, was Abacha regime.

Since you are all claiming GEJ didn't buy any weapon, name one new weapon bought by Buhari for the fight against Boko-Haram?
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Bethelwealthy(m): 11:39am On Oct 27, 2016
Marpol:

NNS Okpabana is a Hamilton-class high endurance cutter which formerly served with the U.S. Coast Guard as USCGC Gallatin (WHEC-721). Built at Avondale Shipyards near New Orleans, Louisiana, Gallatin was named for Albert Gallatin, the fourth and longest serving United States Secretary of the Treasury. Gallatin completed its final patrol 11 December 2013 and will be decommissioned in 2014 before being transferred to the Nigerian Navy.
Truth is simple. You dont need all these semantics when you will finally admit Nigeria Procured it. And how about the rest i mentioned? especially NNS Centinary that was new and built by China. Oya over to you, speak another English..... grin

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by kingthreat(m): 11:41am On Oct 27, 2016
adekayo1234:
Jonathan was a failure though not a complete failure as we were made to believe but a failure all the same. He shouldn't be going around gallivanting around as though losing an election and conceding defeat is a great feat. He won't be the first and he won't be the last.
He's been trying hard to play to the gallery of recent but Nigerians know better

Bros, the reason he isn't resting like he should is that some people are putting him in relevance to recontest for the 2019 elections. Mark my words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dapchi Girls: Military Knew Of Boko Haram's Plans To Abduct The Girls - SR / IPOB Sues Edo Community In Austria For 'Stealing' Biafran Flag. Photo / PHOTO: Man Petitions EFCC In A Unique Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.