Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,468 members, 7,836,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft (31046 Views)

Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application / Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by lailo: 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Money induced military, keep on deceiving Zombies & Nigeria at large.

You can deceive some people at a time, but you can't deceive everybody at the same time..
It is only Jonathan wu is saying d truth?You really know better than d NAF and NA
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by deji68: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
so it is now cut and paste when confronted with the truth anyway premiumtimes carried it...army officials said some soldier return to base about 40 are still missing, read it yourself cool cool cool cool anyway still waiting for ur explanation

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/213317-exclusive-83-nigerian-soldiers-still-missing-days-boko-haram-attack.html

Gayigaskia:

grin grin grin grin All i see is a lot of cut and paste looking like a web link. And i see this: Niger river. Does Boko Haram anywhere close ( in the area ) where the Niger River crosses?

If you are being paid for this, kindly give the money back cause your campaign against Buhari is not working grin grin
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
unclezuma:

I have a tiny feeling that we have met on Beegeagle grin grin grin grin
ah beegeagle yes ooooo
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by princejayboss: 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
progress69:

This is not about being tribalistic, but you igbos have to take a chill pill. Sometimes the comments u guys make are just too senseless.

Imagine a civilian,known terrorist and rebel buying decommissioned war ships on behalf on a whole Nigerian Navy. That is the height of stupidity and Foolishness. It goes beyond a sane man's comprehension.

Its not news that the Airforce tru the forner CAS bought useless jets for outrageous amounts, this all led to the death of Civilians and Military personnels.

Jonathan and all previous service cheifs, allowed the war against BH to fester for so long, till it spinned out of control simply because of the blood money they were making from it.

Jonathan was just there like an Epka, a figure head, being spinned and deceived around.

What do you know about weapon embergo?

Do you even understand how black market works?

Look .... The day i knew there is no hope for Nigeria was the day APC rant that GEJ bought no weapon.... I was at this airfield in cezch republic when nigerian weapons were airlifted and from the pictures of deliveries in the battle field .... They were what was bought....

Any government that builts policies on lies will surely hit the rock....

Let them keep lying

3 Likes

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Gayigaskia(m): 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
deji68:
so it is now cut and paste when confronted with the truth anyway premiumtimes carried it...army officials said some soldier return to base about 40 are still missing, read it yourself cool cool cool cool anyway still waiting for ur explanation

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/213317-exclusive-83-nigerian-soldiers-still-missing-days-boko-haram-attack.html

Oh i see how much wahala you went thru to find some unfortunately not favorable news about the fight against Bokoharam on the patriotic Nigerian side.
But that was not what we were contesting, because as we speak no nigerian soldier is running from boko haram.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by progress69: 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
princejayboss:

That moment when you want to show your intelligence only for you to show that you have an empty skull.

What do you know about weapon embergo?

Do you even understand how black market works?

Look .... The day i knew there is no hope for Nigeria was the day APC rant that GEJ bought no weapon.... I was at this airfield in cezch republic when nigerian weapons were airlifted and from the pictures of deliveries in the battle field .... They were what was bought....

Any government that builts policies on lies will surely hit the rock....

Let them keep lying

NL where every nobody claim to be somebody on the internet. When did US place the Embargo? Is Isreal and others aren't ready to sell for cogent reasons, is Russia not therr? Are there not other countries that can't be sanctioned by the US. Is there not a black market for arms. Who doesn't know moat of the weapons used by BH when the war started at first were actually ceased from the Nigeiran Army. How do one place awarding the contract of purchasing decommissioned warships to a known criminal for the Nigieiran Navy? Is it news that most the jet and choppers bought by the airforce were either not weaponized or not servicable, then another scam of arming and making them in working conditions was spinned to siphon more money. How do one explain ONSA becoming the ATM machine to political allies? If the money channelled for the war were actually used for what it was meant to be used for, will BH have lingered this long. How much exactly be spent by this government that we can see tremendous progress. Quit being emotional and sentimental, Jonathan and his service cheifs were a big fraud.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by MrPRevailer(m): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
Jona my man. The greatest President in Nigeria's History. Don't give up.
All these years, we were ruled by Military, including the incumbent Obasanjo who the Military forced on us Nigerians.
You shouldnt have given power back to the military. Now, it's trouble and persecution everyday. God deliver Nigerians.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by kenchylala: 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
eph12:
I believe GEJ was maybe deceived by those trusted to purchase those items if he insists arms were purchased. The military position is that the things purchased are substandard and shouldn't go for those amounts quoted.

Too many issues everywhere, if the military guy dey ready let us know him, all this fake sources, if they admit that he bought then there is truth but too say all are bad, then the new man would not b able to justify his spendings!!!!
Thieves everywhere n military chief get houses for Dubai
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by maasoap(m): 7:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Money induced military, keep on deceiving Zombies & Nigeria at large.

You can deceive some people at a time, but you can't deceive everybody at the same time..
If we say now that Jonathan built second Niger bridge, zombies will never believe it.
Leave them, let zombies continue to deceive themselves. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by ofuonyebi: 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
IT is very unfortunate that it is only in Nigeria that leaders tells lies .....publicly without looking back

to know who is watching....army say na lie jona no by war ships..and jets...some mumu they suppotam...

..but Dasuki...say oga buhari ...we no buy ..anything oo..!...na Gej say make i share all the

money to win election for him...so..., i sharam for...koro..metu..fani..fayose...abeg oga Buhari..dey plenty.oo..i

go return my own make you arrest the others.oo..!...The wind don blow we the see the yantch of the fowl

let jona tell his outdated story to those who live in the graveyard!...stealing.. is ..stealing!
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Yyeske(m): 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
Bethelwealthy:
I, bethelwealthy, was on board NNS akpabana on the day it was commissioned, i even ate whole chicken in the gally, a B-Class war ship bought by Jonathan. I saw the delivery of 3 others like NNS Thunder, NNS Centinary and the most recent, NNS Unity, all are war ships of high callibre, bought from USA and China. I was also witness to the Purchase of Mine-sweepers, Fast Attack crafts, amphibious air attack crafts and so many...........Let Buhari's military continue to lie. But records dont lie.
when they are done looking for a $2.2b that is not missing, the whole truth about the security vote, which Jonathan has the right to share will finally come out.
To some of us, we know what really happened, to others, Lies matter.
Show us pix of the three ships, liar. As if you collected a kobo from the deal
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by deji68: 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
Well, "fleeing"like in the report is the same as running away,....... well that is not the point i am trying to make, with the link i posted. The point is desertation or retreating is as old as the millitary profession itself. No army is free from deserters, even the almighty American Army do desert, it is not a jonathan or Buhari thing.... "soldier go soldier" come, our millitary remain ,let not disparage our army because we dont like particular politician....God Protect our army cool cool cool
Gayigaskia:

Oh i see how much wahala you went thru to find some unfortunately not favorable news about the fight against Bokoharam on the patriotic Nigerian side.
But that was not what we were contesting, because as we speak no nigerian soldier is running from boko haram.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Sixfootah(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
progress69:

This is not about being tribalistic, but you igbos have to take a chill pill. Sometimes the comments u guys make are just too senseless.

Imagine a civilian,known terrorist and rebel buying decommissioned war ships on behalf on a whole Nigerian Navy. That is the height of stupidity and Foolishness. It goes beyond a sane man's comprehension. Are you just ignorant or just dumb?? The papers admitted knowing about NNS unity.. what about NNS centenary built in China??

Its not news that the Airforce tru the forner CAS bought useless jets for outrageous amounts, this all led to the death of Civilians and Military personnels.

Jonathan and all previous service cheifs, allowed the war against BH to fester for so long, till it spinned out of control simply because of the blood money they were making from it.

Jonathan was just there like an Epka, a figure head, being spinned and deceived around.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by okotv(m): 1:55am On Oct 28, 2016
jossy4joseph:
I will never believe those military people. Why didn't they raised alarm before GEJ left power why saying it now?
you can't speak against the commander in chief. He speaks, we obey.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Solozzo(m): 2:40am On Oct 28, 2016
Jonathan is always defending his ministers and appointees to a fault. For example: Fayose was not rigged to power, diezani and Stella Oduah never stole any money, his chief of staff had private source of billions of nails, chinook girls were not kidnapped etc. all these show he tacitly supports corruption because it benefits him
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Pidggin(f): 4:51am On Oct 28, 2016
Military sources? So how do we validate their statements. What a clueless government
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by ocelot2006(m): 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
progress69:

NL where every nobody claim to be somebody on the internet. When did US place the Embargo? Is Isreal and others aren't ready to sell for cogent reasons, is Russia not therr? Are there not other countries that can't be sanctioned by the US. Is there not a black market for arms. Who doesn't know moat of the weapons used by BH when the war started at first were actually ceased from the Nigeiran Army. How do one place awarding the contract of purchasing decommissioned warships to a known criminal for the Nigieiran Navy? Is it news that most the jet and choppers bought by the airforce were either not weaponized or not servicable, then another scam of arming and making them in working conditions was spinned to siphon more money. How do one explain ONSA becoming the ATM machine to political allies? If the money channelled for the war were actually used for what it was meant to be used for, will BH have lingered this long. How much exactly be spent by this government that we can see tremendous progress. Quit being emotional and sentimental, Jonathan and his service cheifs were a big fraud.

The selective amnesia of you pro Buhari & APC supporters is one of a kind. So you've now forgotten that the US placed an embargo on us? Thanks to the USA, we could not buy their surplus ex-USMC Sea Knight Twin rotor helicopters. Thanks to same embargo, we could NOT buy ex Israeli Airforce AH-1 Super Cobras. In response to the embargo, the Nigerian govt cancelled a US led training program for a new Ranger styled Special Forces battalion. THAT was why we opted for better tactical training from the Russians. That was why we brought in the famed South African Defence contractor STTep to set up the far more successful 72 Mobile Strike Battalion. THAT was why we opted to buy weapons from Russia, Belarus, China, the Czech Republic, Isreal, and Pakistan.

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by progress69: 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
ocelot2006:

The selective amnesia of you pro Buhari & APC supporters is one of a kind. So you've now forgotten that the US placed an embargo on us? Thanks to the USA, we could not buy their surplus ex-USMC Sea Knight Twin rotor helicopters. Thanks to same embargo, we could NOT buy ex Israeli Airforce AH-1 Super Cobras. In response to the embargo, the Nigerian govt cancelled a US led training program for a new Ranger styled Special Forces battalion. THAT was why we opted for better tactical training from the Russians. That was why we brought in the famed South African Defence contractor STTep to set up the far more successful 72 Mobile Strike Battalion. THAT was why we opted to buy weapons from Russia, Belarus, China, the Czech Republic, Isreal, and Pakistan.

Do u have comprehension problems? The question was when was the embargo placed. No one said an embargo was not placed.?
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Markachi666(m): 5:30am On Oct 29, 2016
deji68:
so this "TheNationonline" report is the official millitary position on the arms issue? .......well some gullible people will believe it cool cool

I shake my head when I see few people in the media 'mass control' the minds of many to a ridiculous point of 'zombieness'. Either these zombies pitiably lack the cerebral capacity to the 'filter out' the truth from half truths and outright lies or are just mischievously 'hateful'.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:06am On Oct 29, 2016
fitzmayowa:
The same military source that never spoke immediately after GEJ left office over 18months ago suddenly found his voice when GEJ spoke about buying arms...

Am I missing something here

Yes, your brain and the ability to think logically and critically.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:10am On Oct 29, 2016
Bethelwealthy:
I, bethelwealthy, was on board NNS akpabana on the day it was commissioned, i even ate whole chicken in the gally, a B-Class war ship bought by Jonathan. I saw the delivery of 3 others like NNS Thunder, NNS Centinary and the most recent, NNS Unity, all are war ships of high callibre, bought from USA and China. I was also witness to the Purchase of Mine-sweepers, Fast Attack crafts, amphibious air attack crafts and so many...........Let Buhari's military continue to lie. But records dont lie.
when they are done looking for a $2.2b that is not missing, the whole truth about the security vote, which Jonathan has the right to share will finally come out.

Kinda odd, if you ask me, how every time Military hardware was to be delivered the Army hierarchy always made sure you were around to witness it while eating beautifully seasoned chicken, while the ineffectual buffoon who was supposed to be Commander-in-Chief was nowhere to be found (probably drunk as a skunk somewhere in the Presidential Palace).
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Bethelwealthy(m): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

Kinda odd, if you ask me, how every time Military hardware was to be delivered the Army hierarchy always made sure you were around to witness it while eating beautifully seasoned chicken, while the ineffectual buffoon who was supposed to be Commander-in-Chief was nowhere to be found (probably drunk as a skunk somewhere in the Presidential Palace).
My Oga, while i might have been priviledged to personally witness few hardware procured for the Navy, i didnt not say i witnessed every military inventory. the word witness is relative, while i can see things at the point of receiving, i was also in this country when the airforce took deluvery of attack aircrafts, and proudly displayed them on national TV as of then, only for the same miliatry (Under a new leadership and influenced) to deny they never bought them.........
Doesnt that call for questioning??
And by the way, Oga, my being witness was not the focal point, the fact that they were indeed bought is the reason for this thread, except you want to shift in convenience away from the substance of discussion, eating chicken shouldnt be ur worry..... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by jamace(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

A live witness has spoken!

1 Like

Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by ocelot2006(m): 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
progress69:

Do u have comprehension problems? The question was when was the embargo placed. No one said an embargo was not placed.?

I suggest you read your post again. SLOWLY. Maybe then you'll realise that you have an issue far worse than the lack of comprehension skill, especially when you don't understand your own damn post.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by ocelot2006(m): 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
Gayigaskia:
did you bother to read the bellow part from the article?

Sure...cos those are the only 2 Alpha jets in NAF's inventory, abi? Btw, apart from the Alpha Jet, the Mi-35M also flew combat air support sortie along with the Beechceaft Super King that flew both ISR and BDA (battle damage assessment) sorties in support of same mission. Guess who bought both types of aircrafts? That's right: GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by Keballl: 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
ocelot2006:

I suggest you read your post again. SLOWLY. Maybe then you'll realise that you have an issue far worse than the lack of comprehension skill, especially when you don't understand your own damn post.

Qualities of a first grade zombie.
Re: Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft by progress69: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
ocelot2006:

Mtcheeeew. Abeg shift?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Testing A Microphone At The Commonwealth Meeting (Video) / Afenifere Kicks As Kano Govt Destroys Beer, Insists On Restructuring / CAN Raises Alarm Over The Appearance Of Strange Faces In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.