Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni (934 Views)

Segun Oni Rejects Fayose’s Car Gift — Aide Reveals Why / Ekiti 2018: Segun Oni Declares Intention For Governorship Poll [photos] / Governor Fayose Visits Segun Oni (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni by Jirate(m): 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
The Deputy National Chairman (South) of the All Progressives Congress (APC),
Segun Oni, has said if he were a Supreme Court judge and the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, attempted to influence court judgments through bribery, he would have been arrested.

In an interview with journalists, Oni according to The Cable, said the allegations by the judges against Amaechi would not be taken seriously because of late timing.

Justices Sylvester Ngwuta and John Okoro, both of the Supreme Court, had accused Amaechi of attempting to bribe them.

“I am not in the position to defend Amaechi, but I feel very very sad. I am very sad that a justice of the Supreme Court could come up much later to say somebody attempted to bribe him,” he said.

“If I am a justice of the Supreme Court, that person would not spend another week before he is arrested. So, because it is a crime, if you see somebody committing crime and you keep quiet and now you are talking about it, do you want people to take you seriously?
“It’s like somebody saying I saw somebody committed rape last year and I didn’t do anything about it. I don’t think that sounds wise. I am not exonerating anybody and there can be investigation.”

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/10/27/segun-oni-if-i-were-a-supreme-court-judge-amaechi-would-have-been-arrested/

Re: If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni by Jirate(m): 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
It never too late to Arrest Him, all those who are currently under Arrest and So Called Investigations, did what ever they were accused of Long ago….

2 Likes

Re: If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni by drss2(m): 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
judas ameachi being a trusted minister under a govt dat claims it is fighting corruption is a HUGE JOKE.
Re: If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
drss2:
judas ameachi being a trusted minister under a govt dat claims it is fighting corruption is a HUGE JOKE.
I saw this government as a joke when he was made minister
Re: If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni by vedaxcool(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
MANY FOOLS WON'T READ THE ARTICLE BUT WOULD JUMP TO CONCLUSION. ... SEGUN IS SIMPLY SAYING IF THE JUDGES UNDERSTAND THE LAW THEY WOULD HAVE AMEACHI. ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTING TO ARREST NOT WAITING FOR DSS TO ARREST THEM.
Re: If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni by drss2(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
Jirate:
It never too late to Arrest Him, all those who are currently under Arrest and So Called Investigations, did what ever they were accused of Long ago….
oni claim d judges allegations timing was late, yet d same pipul dug up 2003 code of conduct case against sarak in 2016. dats to tell u dat buari's so call fight against corruption is notin but political witch hunt against opposition.

2 Likes

Re: If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni by villareal15(m): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
Birds of a .......
Re: If I Were A Supreme Court Judge, Amaechi Would Have Been Arrested: Segun Oni by Bari22: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Forget about that set of confused people trying to blackmail the lion of niger delta.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Innoson Delivers Made-in-nigeria Army Vehicles To Nigerian Army In Maiduguri / Lagos State Government Are Owning Lsmtl 4 Month Salary / Buhari, Shekau Listed Among Most Powerful Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.