Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Open Letter To Nigerians By Aau An Student - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Nigerians By Aau An Student (590 Views)

SERAP Sues FG & Fashola Over Inability To Share Free Pre-paid Metre To Nigerians / Buhari May Speak To Nigerians By Phone Soon - Presidency / Discos Now Distributing Darkness To Nigerians – Senator Sani Blasts Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Nigerians By Aau An Student by walterenahoro: 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2016
*OPEN LETTER TO NIGERIA __ AAU Student Cries Out to Nigeria over alleged non reduction of School Fees- must read*

It's no longer news the School Fees Circular for the 2016/2017 academic session is out. Most students of Ambrose Alli University are in tears, especially the 200lv students. According to most of the 200lv students, they accepted Admission into Ambrose Alli University with  the hope that they were paying the tripped school fees in their year one only.

But from the look of things, it seems they are going to pay such a fortune till Final Year. In all boldness, Samuel, a 200lv student of Ambrose Alli University has written this letter in Pain, with the Hope that the Nigerian Government will come to the aid of the Students of Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.  

We are in a Period where an average Nigerian cannot even boast of three square meals a Day, our Elder brothers and Sisters who have graduated many years ago, are still in search of jobs, most of them have become useless to the society. What is even the essence of the school , when one will still graduate and continue the suffering. The Government we have voted with blood has decided to Eat till death while the Nation Wallows in Eternal Poverty. 

AAU students should read and share this open letter written by this young man. There is nobody to fight for the Students, they Have been abandoned by the Government. Read the letter by Samuel below
http://www.aauedu.info/2016/10/open-letter-to-nigeria-aau-student.html

*ALL AAU STUDENTS SHOULD SHARE THIS POST*

#SAVE *AAU STUDENTS FROM THE STREET*

*I REP AAUEDU BLOG*

*CHANGE MUST COME*
Re: Open Letter To Nigerians By Aau An Student by walterenahoro: 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
Dear Great Edo People,
It is with a great sense of pain i crouch to write this and i hope someone reading this will be compassionate enough to lend a hand. No one is unaware of the terrible economic situation of this country, workers are owed salaries, everything is on the high side, the rich are smiling, the rest can go to blazes for all they care.
Last year while new intakes were admitted into AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY EKPOMA, their acceptance fee was increased to sixty - three thousand naira from what was initially obtainable, as if that was not enough their school fees was increased from forty - five thousand Naira to a hundred plus,though they were allowed to pay via
two installments and were assured of a fall back to the regular forty-five thousand when they get to 200lv .
As we speak, more than half of these students couldn't complete the full payment of their fees, they still owe the second installment . Bad as it may, the official site for the school "KOFA" reads that returning students are to pay the regular school fees, however the students got the shock of their lives when they got confirmations from the Dean of students that their school fees would remain exactly as it was during the first year until graduation ,
The school bulletin also confirmed it, the students didn't feel too good about it just as no reasonable means to negotiate with the school management has fallen on deaf ears, the Dean of students has refused to set up a parley between the students and the school management, students are threatened with their studentship for raising an eye brow, some were arrested and tagged"hoodlums".
A particular boy i came across who was in tears explained to me how his dad a local government employee at Auchi local government council hasn't received pay for the past nine months, how do such people survive.
As i write, most class reps have been compelled to sign one undertaking or another, they want to frighten the students to total submission, the students are living in fear. The students union government has done the students no good , NANS and NAESS haven't fared any better, they all are been fed with brown envelopes to shut their lips and most of them are either working class or they just graduated which makes them less affected and less concerned.
I am therefore writing to well meaningful people of EDO State to please use their varying positions to help we wailing students. Most persons forfeited their admission last year and many more are to follow if nothing is done, the country isn't in its best state, in the past couple of years, armed robbery, cult activities and prostitution as a recreational activity for students has reduced to its barest here at Ekpoma, i bet you AAU EKPOMA is about to send that brother and that sister, your son's and daughters back to the streets, are you going to fold your hands and watch while AAU toils with the future you have strive so hard to secure, invested all your earnings to nurture for these kids? AAU Ekpoma is making life terrible for its students especially the present 200l students with this fees. Please come to our aid AAU needs you, the students needs you.
This wasn't the dream AAU of late AMBROSE ALLI of blessed memory .
#SAVE THE STUDENTS FROM THE STREETS .
Re: Open Letter To Nigerians By Aau An Student by walterenahoro: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
ME POSTING THIS.I AM ALSO AFFECTED TOO.
PLS GOOD PPL OF NIGERIA COME TO OUR AID
PLS FIGHT FOR US TOO.WHERE WOULD I GET THAT HUGE AMOUNT OF money TO PAY EVERY YEAR.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State Economy 2015 / Opinion: A Trump Comes To Judgement! / The Double Standard Of Ipob Miscreants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.