Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. (78548 Views)

7 Simple Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja / Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by calabardick(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
webincomeplus:
35 percent as customs duty is just too much. So, if you buy a car for N2 million, you have to pay N700,000 as surface duty. This is not a country.

This is why I use to say that Nigeria is an evil forest ruled by monsters.

Custom duty is scam!
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by lancee(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2016
bfire:

You are not an authority on what you seems to profer solution.

You are displaying a level of ignorance that can only and equally be bought by novice like yourself.

Every nation under the sky has bid submitted at one point on these salvage, clean title vehicles; from Germany, Britain,uAE and lots of others. What Nigerians buy is even minute.

Don't also forget to show to your novice friend an example or video display where a 2010 Range was sold for $1,000.

Your whole bravado is just to pass an unreasonable message: eh look, I reside in USA. That's all the message u pass.

Even, some of your ignorant follower believe that Craiglist knows you personally. What hogwash!

Exactly !!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by NovusHomo(m): 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
I888:
you are rude and arrogant!

Very much so.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by ojialo(m): 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
Range Rover $1000 ? please I need a reliable link..... abi you just wan tell us say u dey live for USA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by JuanDeDios: 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
@ Gypsey Yes, you made sense. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by labamo07(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
ipledge10:
continue with your I too know and lies
I thought I was the only one noticing the Mr I Too Know. If cars are that cheap in US then he should be sending cars to Nigeria to sell na..............

2 Likes

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by labamo07(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Doing fine ??

Why was the car condemned in the USA and shipped to Africa ??

Why don't they sell to us that lives in America ??

They push it down to Africa where people like you things the cars are doing fine

Lol, go and purchase one
Na you sabi everything. Mind you, the op is well versed in auto deals than you think.............

2 Likes

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by Kaydeexotic(m): 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
Bigcake:
doesnt she have a website or some other contact.

Kindly look her up on IG @renee5star
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by Kaydeexotic(m): 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
I888:
how cheap are her cars compared to ones sold in Nigeria?
Well It depends on the type of car yur buying from her.. .But even if her stuff is a bit more pricey than that of naija dealers.. .her cars are always clean.. ..i mean ALWAYS CLEAN WITHOUT ISSUES.. ..just drive as soon as the car is delivered to you shikena.. ..

2 Likes

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by greggng: 7:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
Mike008:
Thanks alot.
Please I would like to know the estimated general cost. And if importing a car would generally cost lesser than buying the same car in Nigeria.

This is what my nebor does for a living. Must times he imports accidental car and fix it to make cool cash. Whichever u want, just contact me and you will ve ur car in Nigeria. 08062593234. This is BTW you and I 80percent of cars imported in Nigeria re either accidental or salvage. But some of the accidental cars re just minor accidents that could be fixed and u can take them for new cars. If you re serious just reach me with ur car specification and he will give u the exact landing cost and u can now compaire and contrast
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
skyo78:

Come and buy my own in Abuja. Very clean, for just N5. 5 million
Upload picture, VIN and brief history?
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
Thanks
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by cashmyles: 11:23pm On Oct 29, 2016
AutoJoshNG

Can you please kindly help with any shipping company with least charges in the usa and as well share useful info needed to buy and ship my vehicle to Nigeria. Your effort is highly appreciated

Tnx
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 30, 2016
Truth bought my car from her early dis year
snazzy5050:
lol if anybody doubt Me check her out... Instagram handle renee5star ... You know what it takes to have 58k follower's? Honesty!.. Let Mr clear your doubt am not in any way connected to her but any body who has done business with her will tell you thesame thing
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by AutoJoshNG: 6:14am On Oct 30, 2016
cashmyles:
AutoJoshNG

Can you please kindly help with any shipping company with least charges in the usa and as well share useful info needed to buy and ship my vehicle to Nigeria. Your effort is highly appreciated

Tnx

I can connect you to the one I usually use. You can contact me through my website in my signature.
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by cashmyles: 8:40am On Oct 30, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

I can connect you to the one I usually use. You can contact me through my website in my signature.

Will do, tnx
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by cashmyles: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

Tried contacting you but not just responding. Can we talk via email? Mine harkyn2546@gmail.com
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by haryomikun(m): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2016
snazzy5050:
Just message renee5star your problems are solverd wink thank me later

Pardon my ignorance, what does the renee5star do?
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by haryomikun(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
A salvaged title 2010 Range Rover will not be above $1000

Those cars are way cheaper on Craigslist too
I wanted to buy cars from them but they refused to sell to me because i live in the USA because they know the games they play

Hmm. So if I buy a 2010 range Rover at $1000 the customs fee will be 350$ ??

Pardon my ignorance please
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by OlajumokeBread(f): 10:16am On Oct 30, 2016
haryomikun:

Hmm. So if I buy a 2010 range Rover at $1000 the customs fee will be 350$ ??

Pardon my ignorance please

Custom fee to who ??

If you want to mention 2010 Range Rover, make sure you also mention "salvaged" because those cars are faulty that's why it's cheap
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by snazzy5050(m): 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
Shes an international car importer/dealer based in US...... Best of all
haryomikun:

Pardon my ignorance, what does the renee5star do?
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by ihimiray(m): 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Those guys are pushing salvaged cars down to Africa

Check the color of those cars when they were in the USA and the color when they arrive in Nigeria, salvaged rebuilt cars being dumped in Africa

The poster of this thread is a big joke, what do you know about cars ?? Who told you that a vehicle without a valid title can not be exported ??
Come to carjacking city (New Jersey) those guys will steal a 2015 Porsche or a Range Rover and sell it to you for $800 and in just 2 months the car is in Lagos

You need to watch Vice News BlackMarket, you will know you don't know anything about cars, I bet you're here pushing your own business
Those cars are fuccking cheap, i was wondering why their cars are so cheap till i found out why

Those cars they ship to Africa are useless because it's has a salvaged rebuilt title and cars with salvaged title are damaged cars which was severely damaged and the insurance company pays off the owner, once the insurance company pays the owner, they dump those cars at the boneyard, the auction sites will go there and start selling those cars and shipping them out of the USA to Africa

No one in the USA will buy those cars, or even pay more than $300 to buy it

I wanted to buy cars from them but they refused to sell to me because i live in the USA because they know the games they play
can we do business
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by Glock9(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

Lol @Daniel. So you dey here? It's been a while and nice to hear from you.

Yes bro. I am here o. Longtime.

1 Like

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by unuane1(m): 5:51am On Oct 31, 2016
Very nice info
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by Obidikejr(m): 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2016
treebuds:

USA mentality case, so Nigerians that does not live in USA does not know good cars. I live in the village

Don't get
treebuds:

USA mentality case, so Nigerians that does not live in USA does not know good cars. I live in the village

Don't get
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by Obidikejr(m): 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
snazzy5050:
lol if anybody doubt Me check her out... Instagram handle renee5star ... You know what it takes to have 58k follower's? Honesty!.. Let Mr clear your doubt am not in any way connected to her but any body who has done business with her will tell you thesame thing

She has over 5 IG accounts and you tell me she is legit? Listen post prove of her legitimacy here and don't tell me about the pictures she uploads on her handle when she can't even tag the buyers/her clients.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by snazzy5050(m): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
Hello bro those account you see her scammers she always get to update that on her page... Her legitimate account has 55k followers... And for the tagging I think i have satisfied your quest
Obidikejr:

She has over 5 IG accounts and you tell me she is legit? Listen post prove of her legitimacy here and don't tell me about the pictures she uploads on her handle when she can't even tag the buyers/her clients.

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by bdmaverick(m): 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hello house please I need some guidance.. How much would I spend in total to get a 2014 Lexus RX350 down to Nigeria (black) and how long would it take.. Thank you
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by afreekah: 10:32am On Nov 28, 2016
AutoJoshNG:
In this article, I will be taking you through the easy steps you can use to buy your car from USA and ship to Nigeria without leaving your bedroom. Virtually all car dealers in Nigeria follow these same steps to buy and import the cars they sell to you. I'll be proud to hear that you were able to import your car all by yourself after you read this post.

Steps to buy your car from USA and ship to Nigeria.

Register with a car auction website:

Online car auction is the safest and most reliable way to buy your car across the Atlantic especially when you do not have a well trusted ally over there. Don't make the mistake of sending your money to any dealership. Most importantly, never send your money to family and friends that are not well trusted as they may use your money to pay rent. Some of these auction companies offer free registration while others charge $200 (N91,000) initial registration as well as annual subscription. A few of these online car auction sites are copart.com, auctionexport.com, iaai.com etc. You will also need to submit your identification card as well as other required documents in order to increase your bidding eligibility.

Learn and understand the common terms used in car auction:

This is very important as the technical terms are tools you require to make purchase decisions. You need to know the meaning of salvage title, clean title, buy it now, pure sale, enhanced vehicle, engine start program, run and drive etc. You also need a basic idea of the location of the states in USA so your story won't be like that of a guy who bought a car in Oregon State thinking the car was in Orlando, Florida. He eventually paid additional $1,500 (N250,000) in shipping charges back in 2014. OYO is your case if you make such mistake today as you'll have to cough out N700,000.

Note that you cannot export a car that does not have a valid title. You should only proceed to bid if the car's title document is clean title, certificate of title or salvage title. You will not be able to export a car from USA if it has bill of sale or parts only certificate except the car is dismantled.

Search and select the car you want to buy:

This is the most tedious part of buying a car in Nigeria as you sometimes have to drive from Lagos to Ibadan in search of a car you may not like eventually. However, online auction gives you access to over 150,000 cars from your bedroom. Isn't that interesting?

At this point, you really need to shine your eyes. This is where most people make mistakes as they fall in love with a car that looks spotless in picture. Thereby ignoring the fact that the vehicle narration states that it has a front end accident. You may not see the front damage in the picture because the car may have been partially repaired by the insurance company before putting it up for bid. Hence, you have to pay attention to every single detail and don't just look at a car on the surface.

Well, some car dealers in Nigeria don't pay attention to details because they prefer to buy the scrappy accidented cars which are cheaper and they come fix them here. Make sure you do a Vehicle History/VIN check before you proceed to buy the car. You can also engage the service of independent inspectors who would do a thorough inspection of the vehicle on your behalf. This inspection service comes at a cost of about $90.

Buy your car:

Some cars are listed as buy it now which means you can buy them at the displayed price immediately you spot them. However, other cars can only be purchased at a predetermined bid date. So you have to wait for that date and time to join the bid room (See video of Nigerians in the bid room).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM4vXQg8veM

When I get to this stage, I always pray this our Naija internet does not mess me up. I dumped Swift Network for Smile but now thinking of Spectranet as the Smile is beginning to turn to frown.

Pay for your car:

Bank wire transfer and debit/credit card are the 2 main options you can use to make your payment. The card payment is faster and cheaper, however, you'll be restricted by maximum card limits and declined transactions on most Nigerian cards. Therefore, you are probably left with just the wire transfer. Buy dollar from your Aboki and send through your bank dollar account. All these can be done over the phone and online.

Furthermore, you have to initiate the transfer of the money as soon as possible because you will be charged a penalty of $50 to $100 if they don't get your money within 2-3 business days. Immediately they receive the money, they credit your car auction online account with the same amount. Hence, your payment for the car in processed and voila! the car is yours.

Ship your car from USA:

At this point, you or your shipping agent in USA will arrange a tow truck or flat bed to pick up the car and deliver at the closest US seaport. This cost may be as low as $200 and it may be as high as $1,800 if you buy your car in a state that is far away from the seaports on the east coast.

Note that your car must leave the auction company's compound/yard within 7 days after the bid date. Else, you will start to pay $20 daily for storage charge.

Your shipping agent clears the car through US customs for export. Before, you know it, your car is already on the Atlantic heading to Nigeria. Most people prefer Ro-Ro (Roll on Roll off) shipping method to Container shipping. This is because the container shipping method is a little more expensive. You also have to pair with other people in order to share the container cost. The challenge with the pairing is some of the people you share the container with may delay in presenting their shipping documents or payment for import duty in Nigeria and this may make you incur demmurage at Lagos port.

Clear your car with Nigeria Customs:

You can do this yourself if you have the time and energy to spare. Alternatively, employ the service of a reliable clearing agent who will clear your car within 2-3 days.

The surface duty is 35% of the estimated value of the car. In addition, you will pay surcharge, VAT, shipping and terminal charges as well as other miscellaneous charges. Note that owners of 2016 and 2017 cars with mileage less than 5,000 kilometres will pay surface duty of 70%.

Finally:

It takes an average of 6 weeks to get the car from the auction site to Lagos. I have done it before in 4 weeks but that was just a one-off.

Now. you can buy your car from USA and ship to Nigeria without leaving your house.

Tell if you brought in your car from USA and your experience.

https://autojosh.com/car-from-usa/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by fidtopade: 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Those guys are pushing salvaged cars down to Africa

Check the color of those cars when they were in the USA and the color when they arrive in Nigeria, salvaged rebuilt cars being dumped in Africa

The poster of this thread is a big joke, what do you know about cars ?? Who told you that a vehicle without a valid title can not be exported ??
Come to carjacking city (New Jersey) those guys will steal a 2015 Porsche or a Range Rover and sell it to you for $800 and in just 2 months the car is in Lagos

You need to watch Vice News BlackMarket, you will know you don't know anything about cars, I bet you're here pushing your own business
Those cars are fuccking cheap, i was wondering why their cars are so cheap till i found out why

Those cars they ship to Africa are useless because it's has a salvaged rebuilt title and cars with salvaged title are damaged cars which was severely damaged and the insurance company pays off the owner, once the insurance company pays the owner, they dump those cars at the boneyard, the auction sites will go there and start selling those cars and shipping them out of the USA to Africa

No one in the USA will buy those cars, or even pay more than $300 to buy it

Thanks for letting us know that you live in US and that you have never go close to where they sell cars. I wander what you are waiting for if you can get a 2010 range rover at 1000 dollar and you prefer doing some kind of mania job, just to survive. Instead of you to learn, you are there jumping at a thread you know nothing about. Most of the things the poster of this thread mentioned are fact that have been proven, though it might not be easy to get it right as a first timer.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. by OlajumokeBread(f): 8:02am On Dec 10, 2016
fidtopade:
Thanks for letting us know that you live in US and that you have never go close to where they sell cars. I wander what you are waiting for if you can get a 2010 range rover at 1000 dollar and you prefer doing some kind of mania job, just to survive. Instead of you to learn, you are there jumping at a thread you know nothing about. Most of the things the poster of this thread mentioned are fact that have been proven, though it might not be easy to get it right as a first timer.

Rat
I don't work for anyone

Do you know if i have a 2010 range Rover ??

I wouldn't even drive a 2010 range rover if you give it to me
Why would i wanna buy it ??

Kid, I'm wealthy enough not to work for 20 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Someone Converted A Private Jet Into A Luxurious $5m Street-legal Party Limo / Man Buys A Rolls Royce, Visits His Poor Mother In Agege (Photos) / Photo Of The Bus Ambode Will Replace Danfo With In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.