Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,572 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids (4049 Views)

Nigerian Woman Arrested In US For Striping Unclad In Front Of Police (Photos) / Nigeria Woman Killed In South Africa / Two Brothers And A Pregnant Woman Killed In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by r231(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2009
A Nigerian mother, who worked for asylum seekers in Britain, has been stabbed to death in her London home in front of her own children. The victim, who was named as Ayodele Akinsiku, was found a few metres from her front door where she had bled to death after trying to escape from her killer. It is understood that her three young children were inside the home when the murder took place.

The body of a man, who was thought to be the killer, was also found at the scene in Deptford. Police said they were treating the death of the civil servant as murder. The man’s death was officially described as “unexplained.”

Detectives on Friday working on the theory that he had stabbed Mrs. Akinsiku first before turning the knife on himself.

Neighbours of Akinsiku, who lived in a tower block in Evelyn Street, said she was a Christian with three children, aged eight, five and two, and served as a parent governor at Grinling Gibbons Primary School.

Friend, Annette Reid, 34, said Akinsiku dealt with appeals at the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal, and her husband, who was thought to have been out at the time of the killing, had just finished a master’s degree.

Mrs Reid said: “Apparently, there was an altercation the previous night and from what I’ve been told, the man stabbed her and then killed himself.

“She tried to get out of the door but collapsed on the landing. You could see the paramedics trying to resuscitate her. The children saw everything and are very traumatised. That’s what her husband told my husband.”

Mrs. Reid said her friend had previously argued with a man who had been living with the family after moving from Nigeria. Scotland Yard said the man and woman were pronounced dead at the scene at about 8:00 a.m. on Friday.Nigerian Woman Killed In London.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/24102009/news/news4.html
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by jaybee3(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
Guess who stabbed her?
Mentally challenged brother in-law.
Stabbed himself afterwards in the flat. Heard he only just arrived in the UK like 3 months before the dreadful thing happened.
May her soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by r231(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2009
jay bee:

Guess who stabbed her?
Mentally challenged brother in-law.
Stabbed himself afterwards in the flat. Heard he only just arrived in the UK like 3 months before the dreadful thing happened.
May her soul rest in perfect peace

are you serious, WTF
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by jaybee3(m): 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2009
yes i am bruv
one of ma mates i play footie with every sat is a relative of the deceased. The kids are staying with his mum.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by r231(m): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2009
wow
that is crazy, where is her husband
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by jaybee3(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2009
in london na. was not at home at the time
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by r231(m): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2009
dats bad mehn
I live 2 mins away frm deptford P/S and didn't even knw till dis afternoon
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by candylips(m): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2009
shit happens
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by redsky1: 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2009
the idiot probably asked for some money and when she said no he killed her - or maybe he wanted to tap current and NEPA had black out and he went kolo

the man is pure evil - to kill a women in front of her own young children - may his soul not rest in peace
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by backspade(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2009
May her gentle soul rest in peace. cry

The man is a coward. I can't help but feel terrible for the children, I hope they get a lot of therapy because that is an event they will never forget.
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by Outstrip(f): 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2009
May her soul rest in peace. Why was the mentally unstable brother in law staying there especially with the children?
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by chika98: 10:43pm On Oct 26, 2009
So sad! May her soul rest in peace! cry
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2009
no be extended family!
i'm sure they would have found some cultural reason why the brother needed to help the other out, since the uk resident was living a better life abi

some relative in Nigeria would have pushed for the killer brother's relocation and tried to avoid the stigma of mental illness
wouldnt be surprised if he's been 'demonstrating' all the way from nigeria

why he no demonstrate for heathrow immigration desk *hissssssssssss*
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by GboGboAye: 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
that is so so so horrible. Oh!! those poor kids! Oh my goodness. Why did d hubby leave her or the kids home alone wiv his mentally challenged brother? Kai!
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 27, 2009
May her soul rest in peace!

salsera:

no be extended family!
i'm sure they would have found some cultural reason why the brother needed to help the other out, since the uk resident was living a better life abi

some relative in Nigeria would have pushed for the killer brother's relocation and tried to avoid the stigma of mental illness
wouldnt be surprised if he's been 'demonstrating' all the way from nigeria

why he no demonstrate for heathrow immigration desk *hissssssssssss*

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Killed In London - In Front Of Her Kids by Fhemmmy: 12:51am On Oct 27, 2009
This is sad and to know that the kids are there while this happen is really sad.

(1) (Reply)

Young Lady Runs Mad In Portharcourt As Passersby Watch In Shock / I Killed The 3 Students Because They’re Rippers - Suspect / Tears As Popular Actress Is Shot Dead In Her Home (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.