Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) (27896 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / Man Beats His Fiancee During Church Service After Pastor Exposed Her Wickedness / Lady Welcomes Baby 16 Years After Wedding After Pastor Iginla Prayed For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by chie8: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
According to a Facebook who shared the story on Oct 26,4 female children branded as witches were rescued on Oct 25 in Akwa Ibom.He wrote...

'Four female children were yesterday rescued by a good samaritan around 1:00 AM in the night. The children whose origins are yet to be identified said they were told in a prayer house that they were witches, an allegation which compelled their parent to abandoned them in another prayers house which they went for deliverance, for years without bringing them food to them.

Their parent later came to the church at the instance of the pastor, pick them and put in a waiting car which drove them to the Abak bridge and dropped them there. The children were malnourished and seen with wounds, bruises, and scars in different parts of their body indicative of variant degrees of torture, which of course are not uncommon with children who suffer similar faith consequent upon witchcraft stigmatization.

"My father said he's afraid of God, he would have killed us as instructed by the prophets." one of the children said.

A right activist said after the rescue: "Children have continued to be abandoned in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria over witchcraft allegation by parents after desperate and nouveau riche pastors and prophets label witches/wizards and made their parents force them on the streets if not killed. These children were lucky to be rescued yesterday in the wee hours of the night at Abak new bridge otherwise, they would have been picked by the lurking human traffickers or ritual killers who maraud the streets in search of children for diabolic purposes.

"Different states in Nigeria, mostly Akwa Ibom, Cross River and River States, remain the hotbed for children abandonment due to witchcraft accusations. Lagos and Ekiti have also been reported to be in the high rank of witchcraft allegation on children and elderly people in recent times which lead to their death and forceful incapacitation'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/4-female-children-branded-as-witches-by_27.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
what a wickedness

12 Likes

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by hyprealestatemkt(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
Silly parents trying to run away from their duties

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by tinkinjow: 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
Sad. Very sad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by dabbyz(f): 10:21pm On Oct 27, 2016
too bad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by bentlywills(m): 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
Some parents can be foolish
Some women re praying for kids and tis ones re throwing theirs away because of what a common man called pastor said

Religion is overrated

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
abbertee:
what a wickedness
This is not wickedness, This is Christianity

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by felixomor1: 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2016
chie8:
According to a Facebook who shared the story on Oct 26,4 female children branded as witches were rescued on Oct 25 in Akwa Ibom.He wrote. ..

'Four female children were yesterday rescued by a good samaritan around 1:00 AM in the night. The children whose origins are yet to be identified said they were told in a prayer house that they were witches, an allegation which compelled their parent to a
bandoned them in another prayers house which they went for deliverance, for years without bringing them food to them.

Their parent later came to the church at the instance of the pastor, pick them and put in a waiting car which drove them to the Abak bridge and dropped them there. The children were malnourished and seen with wounds, bruises, and scars in different parts of their body indicative of variant degrees of torture, which of course are not uncommon with children who suffer similar faith consequent upon witchcraft stigmatization.

"My father said he's afraid of God, he would have killed us as instructed by the prophets." one of the children said.

A right activist said after the rescue: "Children have continued to be abandoned in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria over witchcraft allegation by parents after desperate and nouveau riche pastors and prophets label witches/wizards and made their parents force them on the streets if not killed. These children were lucky to be rescued yesterday in the wee hours of the night at Abak new bridge otherwise, they would have been picked by the lurking human traffickers or ritual killers who maraud the streets in search of children for diabolic purposes.

"Different states in Nigeria, mostly Akwa Ibom, Cross River and River States, remain the hotbed for children abandonment due to witchcraft accusations. Lagos and Ekiti have also been reported to be in the high rank of witchcraft allegation on children and elderly people in recent times which lead to their death and forceful incapacitation'

cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/4-female-children-branded-as-witches-by_27.html?m=1

The origin of the children possibly could not be established but at the same time its already known they were from a prayer house.?

shocked

Mscheww ww

1 Like

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
felixomor1:

The origin of the children possibly could not be established but at the same time its already known they were from a prayer house.?

shocked

Mscheww ww
Do you still have any human feelings left,must everything be an argument

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
For crissake; must barbarism be always associated with belief??

Must religion always detest reason??

Why is it that thinking human beings will willingly do foolish and illogical things for the sake of faith

We're in deep sh.it Nigerians.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
felixomor1:

shocked

Mscheww ww

Did you skip the part where they wrote

"who said they were told from a prayer house"

If you're gonna try to twist the OP's words; do it sensibily.undecidedundecidedundecided

Cuz what you just wrote something really dumb undecidedundecidedundecided

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by felixomor1: 12:17am On Oct 28, 2016
SirWere:

Did you skip the part where they wrote

If you're gonna try to twist the OP's words; do it sensibily.undecidedundecidedundecided

Cuz what you just wrote something really dumb undecidedundecidedundecided

Please what does the headline of this thread read?

Lets see who is really dumb.

1 Like

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by felixomor1: 12:19am On Oct 28, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
Do you still have any human feelings left,must everything be an argument

Hehehehe, says the person who argues on every thread written against religious people.

All hail father conscience!
Yeah right.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 28, 2016
felixomor1:

Please what does the headline of this thread read?
Lets see who is really dumb.
"4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge,Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches"
Explain how the content did not fit the headline?? undecided

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by felixomor1: 12:28am On Oct 28, 2016
SirWere:

"4 Kids Dumped At Abak
Bridge,Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded
Them Witches"

Explain how the content did not fit the headline?? undecided

So what is the name of the pastor who commited the crime?

Or what is even the name of the person telling the story?

I am waiting.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 28, 2016
felixomor1:

So what is the name of the pastor who commited the crime?
Or what is even the name of the person telling the story?
I am waiting.
Forget it;
I can't argue for argument sake.
I don't swim those waters.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by felixomor1: 12:32am On Oct 28, 2016
SirWere:

Forget it;

I can't argue for argument sake.

I don't swim those waters.

U see urself?

Gerrarahia.
Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by raphieMontella: 6:42am On Oct 28, 2016
religion sha...very..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:02am On Oct 28, 2016
felixomor1:

Hehehehe, says the person who argues on every thread written against religious people.

All hail father conscience!
Yeah right.
Tell that to the person not me

2 Likes

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Immorttal: 7:51am On Oct 28, 2016
"My father said he's afraid of God, he would have killed us as instructed by the prophets." one of the children said. OMG!!! What did i just read. Religion has indeed succeded. Smh in disbelieve.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by DeSepiero(m): 8:59am On Oct 28, 2016
felixomor1:

shocked

Mscheww ww

Their origin (Permanent Home address, Village / town and or L.G.A of Origin) could not be established because they most likely had no means of identification. The children also confessed to being abandoned in a Prayer house. Do you still think there's a contradiction?

3 Likes

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by BodyKiss(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2016
Yet, some people would have us believe that Christianity is a better alternative to our traditional practices. They are just two sides of the same coin, which need getting rid of.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by chie8: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2016
cc; Lalasticlala,mynd44
Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by auntysimbiat(f): 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
chei
Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Victorakats(m): 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
I
Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
Please who is gracyblaze? And what are all these email notification from him/her which I do check but find nothing, hope this is not the latest scam.
Quick recovery to the kids grin

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Goddygee(m): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
As a proud Akwa-Ibomite i condemm this wayback lifestyle of our people and i appeal to the people of Akwa Abasi Ibom to also rise to this and stop patronising fake churches and fake prophets of doom who are on the increase in Akwa-Ibom/Cross river. Only when they do this would we be able to chase out this evil practise of branding young innocent children as witches and Wizards.

Long live Akwa Abasi Ibom state !
Long live The Federal Republic Nigeria !

3 Likes

Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by Lovelynature(m): 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
cool
Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by buffalowings4: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
OK I was banned on my main account
Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by moses93(m): 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
they are idiots, after they've used their hands and evil minds destroy their destiny, they are putting the blames on the poor children. but why these people de do witchcraft like this? them and idoma people and Egon from nasarawa state.
Re: 4 Kids Dumped At Abak Bridge, Akwa Ibom After Pastor Branded Them Witches(Pics) by sleeknick: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
I have been living in uyo for close to a year now and I happen to be in the prints business. The number of churches in uyo is very alarming. Could you believe I was doing a design for a pastor and he asked me to suggest a theme for his program. He said a theme that can draw crowd. Then I told him I will charge him extra for that. He said he will settle Me after the program.

Cold catch me dat day.

Meanwhile Angel Gabriel is just writing hell fire list like.... grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why The North Will Still Vote For Buhari In 2019 –matthew Kukah / Dreams, Meanings And Solutions / David Yong-gi Cho, Founder Of South Korea's Yoido Megachurch Dies At 85

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.