Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ (14718 Views)

Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens / FOREX Users Dump BDCs As Naira/dollar Rates Converge / Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by Kangol99(m): 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
K
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
IMF policies on Africa contribute to our weak naira.If Nigeria government wants to borrow money in the guise of development,imf will give conditions before the loan can be granted.They will tell Nigerian mumu politicians to devalue the naira.They won't tell America or Europe to do that if they want to do the same thing.
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by spafu(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dolypson04:
I think this recession period is the perfect time for us to take charge of our own finances, if we are yet to do so. Many times when I go to market as a corp member, I did leave without buying anything? You asked why? Because things are just too expensive. Now I don't care about the price of dollar anymore. If it appreciates, its a blessing to me and if it depreciates, I still get happy because I make more money. Both ways I win!
How do you win on both ways?
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
The nomad is a blunder!
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
i don't understand why we keep complaining about each successive government but we repeatedly and continuously vote them in
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by ephi123(f): 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
vodutive:
My country people are truly funny people. You are meeting with BDC operators to do what? Do the economists at the Central Bank not study econs 101 aka demand and supply? If you have less forex feeding a voracious apetite for FX, there is only one way your currency is going...no meeting with BDC can change that.

You want the Naira to strenthen, then fix your economic policies, so that people will restore faith in the economy, foreign investment flows will return and locals will stop hoarding their wealth in dollars because they are not sure what tomorrow holds.

It's about confidence, you morons and right now no one has confidence in the economic policy direction of the country.
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
apatuku:
This is purely Jonathan's fault's grin
How pls because i don't know
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by diva90: 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
What's new? We have seen worse days
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by PBundles(m): 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
Back in Jan I mentioned that I had estimated a rate of above 400 (see below). I actually wasnt that much off as I had 469 at the higher end and we are at 466. wink

https://www.nairaland.com/2870351/us-eu-officially-lift-nuclear/6#42090871

In Feb ( see links to posts below) I also stated the possibility for hyper inflation and other issues. Hate to say I told you so but....................I told you so.

PBundles:

Ok I will

As you are aware there are 3 main ways to predict the future FX rate, PPP (Ie Big Max Index) relative eco strength and an econometric model.

The first one is problematic as its hard to get a product that one could compare for parity for many reasons which I don’t want to get into as i would be writing a novel.

The second is a bit easier as it uses growth and foreign investor measurements, but I prefer and used the last method, a simple econometric model, which took the following into consideration:

Int rates (CBN)
GDP actual and projected
Income growth ( I kept at par)

I derived the attached model, which is not written in stone and I admit has its flaws and this is not an exact science (way to many variables), but i don’t think Im that way off. In short if the CBN maintains is current policy towards the banks and Bureau de change and all US FX window transitions the official rate at the bank should be around 262.73 – 304.15 ( see the arrow on the graph). When you transpose that against the black market rate, which in all fairness I think is the more accurate rate to use, I get rate of 469!. At the more conservative end I got 379 (using a 33% rate against the official bank rate). FYI at this moment the market is translating it at approx 50% (official 199 to black market at 300). Im a firm believer that market (in absence of arbitrage factors) determines the price. So between 379 and 469 is the range, mid at 424. I tend to think it will be anywhere above 400.

There is a caveat, OIL. The above is when Oil price is at a constant a.o..

Do i get a passing grade? Its been more than 15 years since grad school, im now used to grading papers, but now anxious like my bussienes school students I teach at night school.

would be nice to book mark this around dec 2016 and see what it is. We usually wager bottles of wines here, do I have a taker wink

https://www.nairaland.com/3169842/new-naira-policy-8-things/1#46626730

https://www.nairaland.com/2882970/see-why-naira-may-fall/7#42522210
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by Clone2020(m): 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
If you want to send money to relatives in Nigeria, I will buy your dollars at the rate of 385/$ while you deposit into my US bank account. Dont even bother with western union and co, they exchange for 310/$ plus fees and delays.

All transactions are done within 1 minute.

Call or whatsapp, see contact in signature
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Guys.Think of it.We are alive but they have opted for Cucumber. We can't be competing with Cucumber (mere fruit).Let us eat at least 500 cucumbers per day to send the fruit into extinction
My own advice.
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by ipledge10(m): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Please leave the naira alone for just two weeks...after then u can return it to 1N to $1
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by kbbanj10(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2016
economy wise Mr Buhari has failed us. it's very unfortunate but wot can we do? Though cast my vote 4 him but it's now so obvious governance it's tougher Dan u think
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2016
Oya check my signature to learn how to aquire massive dollar
Re: CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ by Dolypson04(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2016
spafu:

How do you win on both ways?
You wanna learn the secret, whatsapp me with 07062875180

(1) (2) (Reply)

Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant / What Challenges Did You Face When Starting Your Business? / List of World Richest Billionaires.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.