Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People (1509 Views)

Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner / Stop Blaming Fulani Herdsmen For Every Attack, Sultan Tells Nigerians / Blaming Fulani Herdsmen For Benue, Enugu Killings Absurd!!! Sultan Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by ImperialYoruba: 4:04am On Oct 28, 2016
Despite cries from many Nigerians, herdsmen in the country have continued with activities that threaten communities – Ayodele Fayose’s Ekiti remains the only state that has a law regulating the activities of the herdsmen and their movements The Afenifere Renewal Group (ARG) is now warning the MACBAN which is the umbrella body for herdsmen in the country The Afenifere Renewal Group (ARG) is demanding an apology from the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) for threatening the people of Ekiti state. Ekiti governor, Ayodele Fayose, is not making things easy for the herdsmen, especially with a state law that regulates their movements.

The governor had also, on two occasions, arrested some herdsmen and their cattle, but this has drawn the ire of members of the MACBAN. ARG’s warning came the same day some women in the eastern part of the country protested and blocked major roads because of the activities of herdsmen. In a statement signed by the publicity secretary of ARG, Kunle Famoriyo, the group said MACBAN’s recent outburst against the anti-grazing law recently passed in Ekiti state is “considered an assault on Yoruba people and will be treated as a terror threat until an apology is tendered.” The statement quoted MACBAN’s spokesman, Baba Othman Ngelzarma, as reportedly saying the enforcement of Ekiti state’s anti-grazing law can “develop into unquenchable inferno…capable of creating uncontrollable scenarios whose ramification may go well beyond Ekiti state.

Such open threat against the people and government that accommodate your business interest is terrorism.” The Yoruba group said MACBAN’s opposition to the law is deceitful.

ARG said MACBAN “had always exonerated its members from herdsmen’s vicious crimes, blaming it on ‘foreigners from other countries’. “Sanity therefore prescribes that MACBAN should be happy for the enactment of such law that will ensure genuine cattle breeders are not stigmatized by these criminals from other countries.” “The new law, being first of its kind, may not be perfect and its enforcement may not be smooth initially. The responsibility therefore lies on major stakeholders to organise sensitisation workshops for its members so that the new law can achieve its objective of stemming crises arising from herdsmen-farmers relations.

MACBAN has so far shunned this democratic approach and preferred to use intimidation and warring tactics and languages. “But the right of governors, as the chief security officers of their respective states, to make laws consistent with the culture and rights of their people cannot be wished away by intimidation or threat.” “We recall that in 2013, the Hisbah Police in Kano reportedly destroyed more than 20,000 crates of beer bottles. “Despite the freedom of movement and trade guaranteed by the Constitution, what mattered then was that Kano does not want beer within its jurisdiction – even though it hypocritically shares from the VAT generated from sales of alcohol in other states. “Why should governors of northern states have the freewill to protect their people and religious disposition, while their southern counterparts are subjected to intimidation?

Nigeria is not a slave camp of any ethnic nationality and MACBAN’s statement is therefore considered an assault on Yoruba people and will be treated as a terror threat until an apology is tendered.”

Read more: https://www.naij.com/1021734-yoruba-group-braces-battle-fulani-herdsmen.html

6 Likes

Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by Abeymills(m): 4:13am On Oct 28, 2016
God punish thier fathers n grand patron thunder strike them all bunch of losers

2 Likes

Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by ojdollars(m): 4:16am On Oct 28, 2016
I like the ARG stances on this one, the time of allowing these herdsmen act like loose Canon's is over.

1 Like

Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by Dolypson04(m): 4:17am On Oct 28, 2016
I was driving in Portharcourt road at Owerri when these cows were made to cross. All vehicles stood still and I was wondering wether this happens in civilized nations too.

2 Likes

Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by Splinz(m): 4:26am On Oct 28, 2016
Good one from ARG. We know those blood thirsty herdsmen are TERRORISTS. And their useless threats from their terror organization only goes to confirmed it.
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by IykeChukz(m): 4:46am On Oct 28, 2016
Never had it like this before in this country and I wonder where herdsmen are tapping their current from.

Well, it seems obvious.
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by EternalTruths: 4:49am On Oct 28, 2016
Hope the Afonjas are happy now that herdsmen have taken over
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by Flexherbal(m): 4:50am On Oct 28, 2016
IykeChukz:
Never had it like this before in this country and I wonder where herdsmen are tapping their current from.

Well, it seems obvious.
I do not think FG is ready to say anything meaningful, in this issue.

2 Likes

Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by sekundosekundo: 5:22am On Oct 28, 2016
Dolypson04:
I was driving in Portharcourt road at Owerri when these cows were made to cross. All vehicles stood still and I was wondering wether this happens in civilized nations too.

Nnamdi Kanu said it all.

1 Like

Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by Burger01(m): 5:26am On Oct 28, 2016
Those herdsmen are criminals in disguise. angry
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:46am On Oct 28, 2016
Why some Yoruba Muslims chose to stand against Fayose & Afenifere till today is what still baffles me
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by HabaSeun: 6:49am On Oct 28, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Why some Yoruba Muslims chose to stand against Fayose & Afenifere till today is what still baffles me

Baffles you? So u'v not heard of their gland plan to islamise the country?
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by Bujumbura(m): 7:08am On Oct 28, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
don't call Maclantunji plss grin
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 28, 2016
No some people cannot bear to see their masters up north get any unfair treatment. Their zombieism is unparalleled
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 28, 2016
IykeChukz:

Well, it seems obvious.

They only strike in the dead of the night when people are sleeping and they attack people sparsely inhabiting around border towns.

The military and police support them. Who owns the cattle which destroy farmlands? I believe lots of them are owned by politicians and rich men up north.

I believe their state govts support their activities down south.

Not too long ago, some northerners were travelling in a zamfara state govt vehicle when they were stopped just as they entered Enugu state. They had guns, machetes etc. They claim to be on a hunting expedition !!

Hunting expedition all the way from Zamfara state to Enugu state of all places ! They couldn't find a better forest to hunt !

What happened to those men? Freed to come back later to massacre unarmed people sleeping in their houses in the early morning...

What happened to those Fulani men apprehended by youths in one Enugu state town after they've caused trouble there...The army quickly went to their rescue, freed them but came back to arrest the villagers who were protecting themselves..!! Governor Ugwuanyi had to intervene before they were released.

What a country!!

I will support this man Fayose in any way that I can. I hate bullies and cowards.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 28, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Any Phool faulting Fayose on his stance on the Fulani herdsmen troubles is cursed.

miyetti allah trouble makers are not ghosts. They succeed because those that they attack and kill are unarmed and non violent. They are cowards as well. Those who support them are worse.
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2016
HabaSeun:

Baffles you? So u'v not heard of their gland plan to islamise the country?
That 1 na future e no fit happen tense
Bujumbura:
don't call Maclantunji plss grin
Is he a Yoruba muslim angry sad
gbosaa:

Any Phool faulting Fayose on his stance on the Fulani herdsmen troubles is cursed.
miyetti allah trouble makers are not ghosts. They succeed because those that they attack and kill are unarmed and non violent. They are cowards as well. Those who support them are worse.
You are right but, Tinubu ass-lickers see Fayose as a traitor. God bless & be with fayose..
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by ImperialYoruba: 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
That 1 na future [b]e no fit happen tense[/b]Is he a Yoruba muslim angry sadYou are right but, Tinubu ass-lickers see Fayosr as a traitor. God bless & be with fayose..

Oga slow down. When has Tinubu considered Fayose a traitor?
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

Oga slow down. When has Tinubu considered Fayose a traitor?
Please, re-read my post again. Do it slowly this time cool cool
Re: ARG Warns Fulani Herdsmen For Threatening Ekiti People by ImperialYoruba: 11:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Please, re-read my post again. Do it slowly this time cool cool

You guys say Tinubu is a nobody. Apparently he is otherwise, as a private citizen, he wont be in the news this much.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Abuja Civil Servant Who Paid N60m Tithe To Redeemed Church! / ​certificate Scandal: Nse  ekpenyong Vindicated As Poly Registrar Testifies In C / Ibo Submits To Violent North But Arrogant To Compassionate West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.