Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. (3162 Views)

Asari Dokubo: "Buhari Was Cloned In London, Current Nigerian President Is Fake" / Fayose Reacts To CNN Mockery Of Nigerian President / Thomas-Wilson Ikubese To Contest For Nigerian President In 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by Masterclass32: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2016
Shrilly, it’s paramount for Nigeria to
maintain a credible process enshrined in
equal opportunity and equal access within
which any credible individuals interested in
the plum office could work hard to emerge as
viable candidates; any of these individuals could win the presidency of Nigeria. Nigeria
needs credible candidates for elective offices,
especially the presidency, with the following
traits that I simply call “OHOSIALI”—
objectivity, honesty, openness, selflessness,
integrity, accountability, leadership, and inspirational. Majority of credible Igbo
leaders possess the aforementioned traits.
Also, the Igbo are versatile and resourceful;
these qualities have been great assets to
Nigeria. I truly subscribe to Nigerian President of Igbo
ethnic extraction for various reasons I stated
above and the ones I would enunciate below. The Igbo have a pool of qualified people more
than any other ethnic group. They have a
vision that encompasses the entire nation and
not a section of it. A case in point is the
Jonathan and the Obasanjo administrations
that were replete with credible and qualified Igbo people whose records of service were
impeccable. They never used their various
positions to focus myopically on their locale.
They used their positions judiciously to
promote and execute policies that exert
influences and benefits to the entire country. These individuals in both Jonathan and
Obasanjo’s cabinet worked indefatigably to
improve the condition of masses. The Igbo
have many more like these individuals who
would be able to direct the affairs of Nigeria
in a more effective and efficient manner than others. Also, equity and fairness demand a Nigerian
president of Igbo ethnic extraction. As the
country’s need for transformational
leadership, the eradication of corruption,
institutionalized equity and fairness continue
to grow, other members of the tripod bathe in affluence while the Igbo seethe in
degradation. Is it not a travesty for people
not to realize the inequity in Nigerian body
polity? Perhaps it’s pertinent to note that
by the year 2019, the north should have
ruled Nigeria for 41.5 years, the southwest for 12.5 years, South-South for about 5 years,
and southeast for about 6 months. Attempts
have to be made to reverse these compelling
statistics; we must start now as a nation to
redress the stark inequity. If 1999 ushered in a Nigerian president of
Yoruba ethnic extraction because of the
blatant and unconscionable annulment of June
12, 1993 election, why would 2019 not
witness a historic swearing in of Nigerian
president of Igbo ethnic extraction because of years of subjugation and living in the fringes?
Equity, justice, and fairness demand a
Nigerian president of Igbo origin. Nigeria
would enjoy relative peace if it chooses a
president of Igbo. The restiveness of the
masses would be a thing of the past. More importantly, stability of Nigeria
requires at this juncture in Nigeria’s
history that the presidency of Nigeria be
someone who has the credentials to lead the
country, but also someone of Igbo ethnic
descent. The Igbo have a tract record of patriotism and working diligently for the
unity of Nigeria. They would work harder to
keep Nigeria together than any other ethnic
group. Their nationalistic view of Nigeria is
not in question. Igbo live in every part of
Nigeria. They live in remote parts of Nigeria. No other ethnic group could boast of this
versatility. The Igbo not only imbibe the true sense of
one Nigeria, but it’s also the only ethnic
group that pursues collective interest of
Nigeria with passion and commitment. It’s
an ethnic group that is trusted to protect the
collective interest of all Nigerians. In the absence of ethnic and religious trappings, the
Igbo ethnic group stands a better chance to
produce a Nigerian president that would
maintain peace, keep Nigerian together, and
produce development in all realms of the
society. It’s vital to note that residency rights and its enforcement would mitigate the
negative effects of ethnic politics. It would
help blur the political boundaries of geo-
political zones. For instance, if NASS had enacted the
necessary legislations to extend residency
rights to all Nigerians in any state in which
they have established viable businesses or
have been domiciled for a minimum of six (6)
continuous calendar months or if there were existing laws in the books that grant
Residency Rights to all citizens, and they
were strengthened and enforced, the laws
would allow individuals to run for any
political office in and from their state of
residence without the stigma of ethnicity. Also, with the application of such laws to the
letter and spirit, individuals would have the
right to hold jobs, vote, run for and hold any
office at any level of the government in their
state of residence. Vast majority of the Igbo, including Igbo
organizations in both Nigeria and the
Diaspora would want to produce a
formidable Nigerian president and work
diligently to dissuade any activities that run
counter to the democratic beliefs of the Igbo. The egalitarian nature of the Igbo is
unparalleled. The Igbo believe strongly in the
values of democracy and would work hard to
strengthen democratic structures in Nigeria.
Democratization process of Nigeria would
speed up with a Nigerian president of Igbo ethnic extraction because of the group’s
sturdy trait of egalitarianism. While the Igbo
operate on the egalitarian continuum, other
sections seem less compelled to shake off the
vestiges of militarized consciousness. We implore and beckon on people from other
ethnic groups, especially those in the
academia and elective offices to drum up the
support for Nigerian president of Igbo ethnic
extraction. The Igbo have a pool of democratic leaders
such as the Deputy Senate President, Dr. Ike
Ekweremadu, the director of the Lagos
Business School, Pan African University, Prof.
Pat Utomi, former Chief of General Staff,
retired Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, former Senate President, Senator Pius Anyim,
former Senate President, Senator Ken
Nnamani, former Executive Governor of Abia
State, Governor Orji Uzor Kalu, former
governor of Imo State, retired Rear Admiral
Ndubuisi Kanu, and others in the Diaspora. Nevertheless, most of us in the Diaspora are
willing to sacrifice our personal aspirations
for the accomplishment of the collective goal
of the larger group. Therefore, these
individuals and others I didn’t mention
should be evaluated and considered come 2019. It’s my position that these individuals
and others should be subjected further to
credibility test to evaluate their ideological
underpinnings in many relevant issues. However, as the candidates jostle for firm
positions for the plum office, presidency of
Nigeria, it would be fair to examine their
records on issues such as Economy,
Infrastructure, Healthcare, Poverty, Security,
Unemployment, Education, Foreign Policy, and other issues. We do not have to have 100% unity to
accomplish our collective goal. The necessary
condition is to have a collective interest
people are committed to regardless one‘s
individual interest. Nevertheless, we must
sluice ourselves of selfishness for the collective goal of the Igbo. Interestingly, whatever the case may be, our
success largely depends on individual
responsibility with the understanding of
enshrined unity of purpose and commitment
to task. While courage will embolden our
resolve and actions, trust, honesty, and selfless service, coupled with tenacity, will
serve as bedrock for success.
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by Masterclass32: 7:42am On Oct 28, 2016
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:03am On Oct 28, 2016
I think my Principal will contest in the 2027 Presidential Election... After Governing Imo State from 2019-------2027

cool cool cool cool

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by Eshinkan: 8:06am On Oct 28, 2016
There are many ibo candidates that can do well but the hate from the SĒ means that an ibo presidency remains an illusion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by nrexzy: 8:06am On Oct 28, 2016
We igbo must unite to achieve this!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by tuniski: 8:06am On Oct 28, 2016
Igbo VP 2019 and presidency 2027 QED.
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2016
tuniski:
Igbo VP 2019 and presidency 2027 QED.

Are you sure PDP will choose an Igbo VP?
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by Alawe(m): 8:14am On Oct 28, 2016
grin
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by ElsonMorali: 8:21am On Oct 28, 2016
And here we go again with our mundane way of thinking in this country.

Tell me Mr. OP, what does the SEastern part of this country stand to gain with an Igbo presidency? Considering the fact that the North that has ruled this country the longest is actually the most impoverished, backwards and uneducated with the lowest index in quality of life.

I see you mentioned the current deputy Senate president in your list of credible leaders of Ignore extraction worthy of our votes. I can't help but laugh in Swahili. cheesy cheesy

Why don't you channel your energy into promoting something that would be truly beneficial to everybody, a true fiscal federalism where the federation states have autonomy and can truly impact on the lives of those in the grassroots.

We should make a clean breakaway from the PDP mentality and stop following these unfortunate octogenarians who have ruined this country with their pettiness and lack of regard for the law of the land.

As far as I'm concerned elections in this country should be based on merits and not where you hail from.

Depressurize the center by giving more power to the federating units.

Your campaign for Igbo presidency is a complete waste of effort and time.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by drnoel: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2016
I have a dreams......em what was it I dreamt of? Igbo presidency,....that was a fantasy not a dream. Until igbos get their heads out of their asses that will remain a fantasy.
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by drnoel: 8:29am On Oct 28, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Tell me Mr. OP, what does the SEastern part of this country stand to gain with an Igbo presidency? Considering the fact that the North that has rules this country the longest is actually the most impoverished, backwards and uneducated with the lowest index in quality of life.

I see you mentioned the current deputy Senate president in your list of credible leaders of Ignore extraction worthy of our votes. I can't help but laugh in Swahili. cheesy cheesy

Why don't you channel your energy into promoting something that would be truly beneficial to everybody, a true fiscal federalism where the federation states have autonomy and can truly impact on the lives of those in the grassroots.

Allow them chase winds they can't catch. Which igbo man will the southeast all unite behind? Nobody.
Which igbo man will the southeast, south south and southwest unite behind? Nobody. U see brodas its just a fantasy not a dream.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by Tastemoney(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2016
Igbo President Hmmmmm
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by ElsonMorali: 8:34am On Oct 28, 2016
drnoel:

Allow them chase winds they can't catch. Which igbo man will the southeast all unite behind? Nobody.
Which igbo man will the southeast, south south and southwest unite behind? Nobody. U see brodas its just a fantasy not a dream.

Yeah I know it is. I just wish more people would key into the idea of liberating Nigeria from this useless Unitary system.

1 Like

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by drnoel: 8:44am On Oct 28, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Yeah I know it is. I just wish more people would key into the idea of liberating Nigeria from this useless Unitary system.

Before an igbo presidency will ever happen the southeast has to first position itself and speak with one voice. Not the voices of people with self interest like Rochas, Uzor Kalu, TA Orji, Udenwa and all others who have plundered and reduced the southeast to the ruins it is today.
We should take the Initiative and develope our region, then we fight disunity and speak in one voice. Unions like Ipob, massob, and those pan igbo groups have not done anything for south east so we don't need them. If we can be united and can rally the south south to our call. We could be bold enof and also partner with the southwest cos it is clear they too are tired of the state of things. If all those could happen then we may have a voice to speak of igbo presidency in like 20 years.

This is a good initiative: https://www.nairaland.com/3433037/rethinking-south-east

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by hakanai(m): 8:47am On Oct 28, 2016
nrexzy:
We igbo must unite to achieve this!!!!!

That unity is not enough to win you a nation. You need to unite the nation or atleast 2/3 of the nation to support you enough to entrust there destiny in your hands.

Once you begin to see it from that angle then you can build the bridges you need and also the political alliance you will need. Do not spite anyone or try to make enemies of people regardless. The winning numbers may come from a hausa-man or fulani-man or someone from the south west.

Igbos have a long way to go on the political landscape and also have alot to do with regards to there relations other groups within the nation.They lost an opportunity with the PDP zoning arrangement by choosing to jettison the rotational agreement which by now would have favored them. They also lost in placing themselves in the creation of a New party APC.where had a chance again to have bargained and secured a slot if not now,with the future elections.

They should look closely and try to be inclusive in there plans.Than always believing they can do it alone. Atleast that approach has not worked for sometime,which you already know.Bring the North and south together to achieve your drive.You can be a a strategic political force as the nation is concerned.

I maintain that the Igbos have the spread to easily reachout and build bridges faster than any other tribe,If only they look within and recognize that potential to see others as people of importance to there quest.If they can clearly express a plan that shows interest in building others.

I will be moved if they start telling me what opportunities and what they would offer me and my interest group, If they get power. Rather than the reason its my turn reason or I have being short changed.You play your cards in every elections.Simply because you play it wrongly does not give you a free win.It simply means you should put your stuff together and play better.

The nation needs to move forward. What can you bring that will move it forward and also secure our collective future?I Wish them luck come next elections. Honest opinion at the moment, I am yet to see reason why I should vote an Igboman based on only reasons OP is giving.They fielded candidates in other parties.Also had the option to decide who they parley with during elections and vote for who wins or loses. That is all the fairness they can get and any other group. If they want to lead then Its up to them to make more friends,find common interest and build bonds enough to give them winning numbers across the nation.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by tuniski: 9:03am On Oct 28, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Are you sure PDP will choose an Igbo VP?
It is the way to go for Equity and fairness. Igbo hasn't been on the pdp ticket since 1999. It was Yar Adua NW/GEJ SS after OBJ. SW/Atiku NE. NC/SE would have been ideal however, North broadly is ok while SE specifically perfect.
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by gidgiddy: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2016
As a proud Igbo man, I have to say that we Igbos dont need the Presidency. I doubt if most Igbos care about that useless office that has not helped anybody, not even those who have held it before.

The office of the President of Nigeria is just a psychological thing. Everyone who held the position ended up a colosal disaster.

My fellow Igbos should learn to stay away from the office of president of Nigeria. It is a worthless position best left to Westerners and Northeners so that they can continue their destruction of Nigeria like they have done for the last 50 years

3 Likes

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by hakanai(m): 9:06am On Oct 28, 2016
gidgiddy:
As a proud Igbo man, I have to say that we Igbos dont need the Presidency. I doubt if most Igbos carebabout that useless office that has not helped anybody, not even those who have held it before.

The office of the President of Nigeria is just a psychological thing. Everyone who held the position ended up a colosal disaster.

My fellow Igbos should learn to stay away from the office of president of Nigeria. It is worthless position best left to Westerners and Northeners so that they can continue their destruction of Nigeria like they have done for the last 50 years

A clear case of a blind man saying i think the eyes stink. Perhaps if you the position .You can understand more or see something greater to offer the nation and your people.It could change you too. You wouldn't know until you try. Some may have failed. That does not mean it will be forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by tuniski: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2016
hakanai:

That unity is not enough to win you a nation. You need to unite the nation or atleast 2/3 of the nation to support you enough to entrust there destiny in your hands.

Once you begin to see it from that angle then you can build the bridges you need and also the political alliance you will need. Do not spite anyone or try to make enemies of people regardless. The winning numbers may come from a hausa-man or fulani-man or someone from the south west.

Igbos have a long way to go on the political landscape and also have alot to do with regards to there relations other groups within the nation.They lost an opportunity with the PDP zoning arrangement by choosing to jettison the rotational agreement which by now would have favored them. They also lost in placing themselves in the creation of a New party APC.where had a chance again to have bargained and secured a slot if not now,with the future elections.

They should look closely and try to be inclusive in there plans.Than always believing they can do it alone. Atleast that approach has not worked for sometime,which you already know.Bring the North and south together to achieve your drive.You can be a a strategic political force as the nation is concerned.

I maintain that the Igbos have the spread to easily reachout and build bridges faster than any other tribe,If only they look within and recognize that potential to see others as people of importance to there quest.If they can clearly express a plan that shows interest in building others.

I will be moved if they start telling me what opportunities and what they would offer me and my interest group, If they get power. Rather than the reason its my turn reason or I have being short changed.You play your cards in every elections.Simply because you play it wrongly does not give you a free win.It simply means you should put your stuff together and play better.

The nation needs to move forward. What can you bring that will move it forward and also secure our collective future?I Wish them luck come next elections. Honest opinion at the moment, I am yet to see reason why I should vote an Igboman based on only reasons OP is giving.They fielded candidates in other parties.Also had the option to decide who they parley with during elections and vote for who wins or loses. That is all the fairness they can get and any other group. Its up to them to make more friends and build bonds enough to give them a winning number.

Rotation Is pdp not apc and apc is a gang not a party. The yorubas made mistake joining apc!
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by hakanai(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2016
tuniski:

Rotation Is pdp not apc and apc is a gang not a party. The yorubas made mistake joining apc!

Last PDP rotational arrangement drove Nigeria almost aground,not PDP but the entire entity Nigeria!It originated as a PDP strategy to provide fairness and the nation as a whole accepted it somewhat.Also its collapse had alot to do with today outcome.

Lastly APC is a party as duly registered and recognized by the electoral body. As such i don't what you mean by gang? Looking at the fact they registered following the process and had national spread.They also hold alot of political offices after being voted. They are far more than a gang!
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by gidgiddy: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2016
hakanai:

A clear case of a blind man saying i think the eyes stink. Perhaps if you the position .You can understand more or see something greater to offer the nation and your people.It could change you too. You wouldn't know until you try. Some may have failed. That does not mean it will be forever.

I think you misunderstand me. Nigeria is not my nation. Lord Lugard cannot choose my natiom for me. I remain a proud Igbo man who does not need the presidency of Nigeria because I believe that I can create my own country and be president of it.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 28, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Tell me Mr. OP, what does the SEastern part of this country stand to gain with an Igbo presidency? Considering the fact that the North that has ruled this country the longest is actually the most impoverished, backwards and uneducated with the lowest index in quality of life.

We should make a clean breakaway from the PDP mentality and stop following these unfortunate octogenarians who have ruined this country with their pettiness and lack of regard for the law of the land.

As far as I'm concerned elections in this country should be based on merits and not where you hail from.

Depressurize the center by giving more power to the federation units.

If you had read the post, you would have known that the OP was talking of what Nigeria stands to gain and not what SE stands to gain.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 28, 2016
[b]There a lot of thing that would not make the Igbos smell the presidency:

Igbos themselves are not united, everyone wants to be a leader at the same time. We see how they themselves derail their threads on nairaland, always a war between Anambra, Abia and Imo. I have never seen an Ogun thread being derailed by other SW states.

By the way, what is the position of APGA today, it is more of a PDP branch, the Igbos need to first have a sturdy regional party that can form a merger in the future where they will have influence, the SW have tried it with the defunct ACN and it worked out.

The Igbos needs to reach out to other Nigerians and stop the politics of hatred, victimization and sentiments. You cannot win elections with SS alone, they need the SW and a little part of the north to win elections.

Moreover, Igbos politics is a politics of money, the highest bidder, one reason OBJ was able to change close to 4 Igbos SP, the sad thing is that he used the Igbo brothers against themselves.

The PDP they think will field an Igbo man as President or VP cannot afford to, it is going to either the SS or SW. The average northerner does not trust an Igbo man. I have lived in the north and engaged in political discussions with them, they don't like Igbos.

The touchy one here is the issue of Biafra, you can't be agitating for secession and still want other Nigerians to trust you with the highest political office in the country.

Once all these are sorted out, the Igbos can stand a chance.[/b]

1 Like

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by hakanai(m): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2016
gidgiddy:

I think you misunderstand me. Nigeria is not my nation. Lord Lugard cannot choose my natiom for me. I remain a proud Igbo man who does not need the presidency of Nigeria because I believe that I can create my own country and be president of it.

Why is that suddenly the case?perceived injustice ? Anyway I understand you perfectly. Best wishes all the same being a new nation or being the president.
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 28, 2016
And let me make this clear. The day an Igbos man becomes president, is the day Nigeria will be preparing for another civil war. Cos the north will do everything to take him out which may include killing.

Any policies perceived to favor the north or Islam less will be met with multiple pogroms in the north. And we all know what pogroms lead to.

1 Like

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by booblacain(m): 11:20am On Oct 28, 2016
hakanai:

The nation needs to move forward. What can you bring that will move it forward and also secure our collective future?I Wish them luck come next elections. Honest opinion at the moment, I am yet to see reason why I should vote an Igboman based on only reasons OP is giving.They fielded candidates in other parties.Also had the option to decide who they parley with during elections and vote for who wins or loses. That is all the fairness they can get and any other group. If they want to lead then Its up to them to make more friends,find common interest and build bonds enough to give them winning numbers across the nation.

Fair enough.
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by ElsonMorali: 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
ikennaf1:

If you had read the post, you would have known that the OP was talking of what Nigeria stands to gain and not what SE stands to gain.

If the SE does not stand to gain anything, how then can the whole country gain anything?

1 Like

Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
Until when Igbo see all Nigerians as important people and not Animals. Then they stand a chance. But when you hate everyone especially Northerners, you hate the president the north produced not because of underperformance but natural hatred. Anyone who sees North and south as one, he becomes your enemy example Okorocha and the Yoruba people.

Until you put all these aside and see all Nigerians as equal
Re: 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. by 93xtr09r: 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
FriendChoice:
Until when Igbo see all Nigerians as important people and not Animals. Then they stand a chance. But when you hate everyone especially Northerners, you hate the president the north produced not because of underperformance but natural hatred. Anyone who sees North and south as one, he becomes your enemy example Okorocha and the Yoruba people.

Until you put all these aside and see all Nigerians as equal

Look at a them, lying hypocrites who were raised from their childhood with bile-filled hatred to not appreciate the good in other people. Little wonder these brood of vipers did not think it twice to collude with their masters to gleefully commit genocide on Igbos and Easterners for daring to have a separate existence from greedy, treasury looters cum murderous parasites.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/revisiting-the-asaba-massacres/

Asaba Oct 7, 1967 Massacre by Murtala,  Awolowo and their Cohorts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEaX9lVVrCM

You and your cotravellers are sorely afraid that your numerous atrocities, treachery, backstabbing, greed, laziness, thievery and collusion in the murder and massacre of Igbos and Easterners will catch up with you sooner than your ever imagined.

Bunch of pogrom-loving parasites parading on NL as One-Nigerianists...

"...we have millions of millions of Igbos residing with us in our homes, in our towns, in our states, very peacefully, very industrious, helping our communities and our economy to grow..."
- Sultan of Sokoto, Nov 23 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2757943/nigeriannewspapers-biafra-im-worried-says#40343297
https://nigerianewspapers.com.ng/biafra-im-worried-says-sultan.html

“Any state government that ignores the Igbo does so at the risk of its economy. It is in this wise that I appointed a high powered official in my government from the Igbo community to liaise between me and the community.”
- Governor Gabriel Suswam of Benue State

1* “We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

2* “We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

3* "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future" 
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly uttered the aforementioned statement in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and many bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people.

4* 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

5*...barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:
“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.”

6*...sometime in 2010, when upon the demise of President Umaru Y'Ardua, indications emerged that his erstwhile deputy, President Goodluck Jonathan, may contest the 2011 presidential election, a prominent chieftain of this same ACF, Lawal Kaita, who was a former Governor of old Kaduna State,threatened that the North would make Nigeria ungovernable, should Jonathan or anyone from the South win the 2011 presidential election, claiming that such would amount to denying the North it's birthright of ruling Nigeria.

7* It is in the same North barbaric statements like this were uttered in 2011: ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”. And what was the outcome - carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election?

8* That true to that threat, upon the victory of Jonathan from the 2011 presidential election, massive violence was unleashed from the North by a group which called itself Boko Haram and which repeatedly took responsibility for unending mayhem which began with the killing of Youth Corp members who worked ad-hoc for INEC in that election.

9* As the barbaric killings and destructions reigned, especially with the attack by Boko Haram on the UN Building and Force Headquarters in Abuja, the Lower Niger Congress publicly posited that the nexus between the aforementioned threat by ACF's, Lawal Kaita and the Boko Haram's bloody campaigns summarily destroyed any prospects for keeping the Nigeria Union.

10* "It was, therefore, no surprise that in October 2013, following the bold announcement by President Jonathan, presenting the sudden prospect of revisiting the master-servant constitutional arrangements of Nigeria infuriated the warmongering born-to-rule Caliphate whose cause was championed by the same ACF, and who, supported by their allies from the renegade wing of the Yoruba Southwest,  launched a vicious, frontal attack on the initiative, teaming on the floor of the Conference into a majority, and driving the Conference into its first major decision, i.e. NOT TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF NIGERIA'S UNITY. The rest of the Conference was a jamboree that provided a luxurious platform for the North/SW Alliance, parading itself as a new political party named APC, to fine-tune their violent March to the do-or-die 2015 general elections."

11* Oba of Lagos Threat on Igbos Over 2015 Governorship 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Last Statement Of Ken Saro Wiwa At The Military Tribunal In 1995 / God Has Nigeria In Mind - Map Of Nigeria Spotted On A Praying Mountain / Peter Obi CLOSING STATEMENT: President Buhari Said After He Was Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.