Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,934 members, 7,814,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Farewell Message To Prof Ositadinma Ugbogu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Farewell Message To Prof Ositadinma Ugbogu (456 Views)

FUTO Lecturer's Message To His Student Who Chose Kaduna For His IT / An Open Letter To Prof. Labode Popoola (uniosun Vc) / Noun Mass Failure & Ignorance To Her Students:- A Shoutout To Prof Ado Tenebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Farewell Message To Prof Ositadinma Ugbogu by ebufrae(m): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2016
FAREWELL MESSAGE TO PROFESSOR Ositadinma Ugbogu

By Francis Ebuara

Looking back at how things have worked out gives me the cause to believe that some people were 'Born to Rule'.
Prof your a man I'll simply describe as a father. I celebrate you. You were wonderful and richly blessed with the wisdom I likened to that of Solomon. When I learnt of your imminent departure from Federal University Wukari, I must confess that to me it was a bad news. However, I came back to my senses and had to accede to the fact that your departure is a sine qua non to your continuous ascension.
Silver and Gold I may not have to offer in appreciation for your enormous influence and onerous contribution to the Microbiology department and the University at large but I wish to use this medium to say 'Thank You' and also to remind you of some of your quotes that have remained fresh in my memory.
1. "the difference between the best student and the good student is the residual knowledge".
2. "the brightest student in the class is not guaranteed the richest person in the outside world therefore, your relationship with one another here is of utmost importance".
3. "we are not punishing you, we are training you to become the people of your dreams. We want you to be equal to the challenges the society presents".
4. "the brilliant students all have a secret, meet them and tap from them".
5. Prof you also said "no one has an average height, either you're short or you're tall".
6. "if I had people to tell me certain things am telling you today, I would've been better than who I am today. It is now my responsibility to help you and am ready".
Finally, Prof you also told me personally that when Mr. Ushie of the Chemical Sciences department came to you in respect of the V.C's award, you told him and I quote "Francis is closer to me than you, in fact, Francis is my son". Prof I held this statement so close to my heart and as far as I know, Father-Son relationship can never be terminated no matter what. Therefore, I can confidently say that the end of our relationship has no beginning.
Unlike other people who move from grass to grace, your movements shall continue to be from grace to grace and from glory to glory.
We will miss your genius but I also hope we shall be reunited again.
God bless you Distinguished Prof.

Please help me take it to the fp asap so that it gets to Prof. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Ask FG To Intervene In FUTA Crisis / Women Who Made History…today / c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.