Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,082 members, 7,957,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:50 AM

LIVE OWL GOT KILLED - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / LIVE OWL GOT KILLED (3455 Views)

Trapped Owl In A Well Rescued In Germany (Photos) / The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site / Hooting Owl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2016
This Owl got caught on my street one eyes gone

All this Yoruba people sef ehn dem talk say nah spiritual blah blah blah

I heard again from on igbo woman that in the olden days if it come to your house someone going to die that day!!!!!!!

someone got a cameraman to capture it but the moment the photographer capture it, going to look blur on his camera.

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Funjosh(m): 10:08am On Oct 28, 2016
Beautiful creature. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Dyt(f): 10:14am On Oct 28, 2016
Eiye owiwi
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2016
Dyt:
Eiye owiwi

I think dey burnt it...but the leg no burn
why
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Dyt(f): 10:16am On Oct 28, 2016
Eleniyan15:

why

shocked shocked shocked

Burnt?
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 10:18am On Oct 28, 2016
Dyt:

shocked shocked shocked
Burnt?

I just vex commot there
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Funjosh(m): 10:27am On Oct 28, 2016
Eleniyan15:

why

Why dem burn am na, i have caught this Owl in my compound sometimes around 2001 but free the bird in the morning.
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2016
Funjosh:

Why dem burn am na, i have caught this Owl in my compound sometimes around 2001 but free the bird in the morning.

there matter just tire person anything we see point and kill
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Adeoba10(m): 10:32am On Oct 28, 2016
Trying to cause tribal ish with dat ur comment...

1 Like

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Seun(m): 11:38am On Oct 28, 2016
It was stupid of them to burn it. I notice that you took pictures of the owl from a fair distance. Were you too scared to get closer to it?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by miremoses(m): 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lovely creature.

This is why countries like kenya,south africa,tanzania etc are better that other countries In africa,why?cause they tend to cherish the wild life more.
Countries like nigeria will kill and eat wonderful creatures God has blessed them with. God forgive them.
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by HyDef(m): 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
Of course they burnt it. I'm fed up.
Because after all, we have Animorphs among us. :p
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2016
Seun:
It was stupid of them to burn it. I notice that you took pictures of the owl from a fair distance. Were you too scared to get closer to it?

smiles not at all

just had to take it from far little people just gathered there, took picture and left
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
miremoses:
Lovely creature.

This is why countries like kenya,south africa,tanzania etc are better that other countries In africa,why?cause they tend to cherish the wild life more.
Countries like nigeria will kill and eat wonderful creatures God has blessed them with. God forgive them.

They did not eat it just burn it, the were saying some kind of superstition talk like that...and what got me nervous kindoff was because a cameraman use his camera to take the picture but it was blur whenever he snap the owl!!!!
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Seun(m): 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
Eleniyan15:
They did not eat it just burn it, the were saying some kind of superstition talk like that...and what got me nervous kindoff was because a cameraman use his camera to take the picture but it was blur whenever he snap the owl!!!!
The owl scares people because (1) Its face looks human, unlike most birds; (2) It's active at night. That's the root of the superstitions.
As for the cameraman who couldn't snap the owl, the most likely explanation is that he could not keep his hands steady due to his fear.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Rilwayne001: 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
That's our village witch; i can see her right from here. Kill her angry angry grin grin
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 9:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
Seun:

The owl scares people because it's face looks human; that's the root of all the superstitions.
As for the cameraman who couldn't snap the owl, the most likely explanation is that he could not keep his hands steady due to his fear.

lol....I will say you said so ooooo

seriously I was scared my first time!!!!! and it was looking like zombie m still waiting for the superstition make e happen before I go sch back

The death wey dey come I wan knw m
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Baroba(m): 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
We caught so many owls in my secondary school days, beautiful creatures.. We let them go as well, there is absolutely nothing evil about owls.. We need to start respecting our wildlife in this country..

The Brits keep barn Owls as pets!!

1 Like

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
Baroba:
We caught so many owls in my secondary school days, beautiful creatures.. We let them go as well, there is absolutely nothing evil about owls.. We need to start respecting our wildlife in this country..

The Brits keep barn Owls as pets!!

Can you keep one
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by mankan2k7(m): 12:10am On Nov 04, 2016
Your ancestor from ur village
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by gozzlin: 6:06am On Nov 04, 2016
Owls are beautiful creatures. Unfortunately, Nigerian witches and wizards morph into owls at night to attend their meetings and perpetrate evil. That has contributed to the notoriety of owls. You can't really say which one is a natural, innocuous owl and which one is an evil witch.
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Seun(m): 11:13am On Nov 04, 2016
gozzlin:
Unfortunately, Nigerian witches and wizards morph into owls at night to attend their meetings and perpetrate evil.
Really? Where did you get this information? Have you been attending the meetings of the witches?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by zinachidi(m): 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
Seun:
Have you been attending the meetings of the witches?
hahahahaha
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by hahn(m): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
Funjosh:
Beautiful creature. cool

How you take know wetin dey my mind. I wouldn't mind having one as a pet. It is so cute cheesy

1 Like

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2016
hahn:

How you take know wetin dey my mind. I wouldn't mind having one as a pet. It is so cute cheesy

You don get enemy for your yard be that the moment you start keeping the whole I trust Naija people
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by hahn(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Eleniyan15:

You don get enemy for your yard be that the moment you start keeping the whole I trust Naija people

Lol. Na their way. Even thieves won't visit when they hear the rumor tongue
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Funjosh(m): 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
hahn:

So cute cool
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by smithjohn322: 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
illuminatiworld4money@gmail.com
Do you want to be a member of Illuminati as a brotherhood that will make you rich and famous in the world and have power to control people in the high place in the worldwide .Are you a business man or woman,artist, political, musician, student, do you want to be rich, famous, powerful in life, join the Illuminati brotherhood cult today and get instant rich sum of. 2 million dollars in a week, and a free home.any where you choose to live in this world and also get 10,000,000 U.S dollars monthly as a salary %u2026 BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI. 1. A Cash Reward of USD $500,000 USD 2. A New Sleek Dream CAR valued at USD $300,000 USD 3.A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice 4. One Month holiday (fully paid) to your dream tourist destination. 5.One year Golf Membership package 6.A V.I.P treatment in all Airports in the World 7.A total Lifestyle change 8.Access to Bohemian Grove 9.Monthly payment of $1,000,000 USD into your bank account every month as a member 10.One Month booked Appointment with Top 5 world Leaders and Top 5 Celebrities in the World. If you are interested in joining us contact us now illuminatiworld4money@gmail.com
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Baroba(m): 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Eleniyan15:

Can you keep one

No I won't, simply because I believe wild animals / birds should be left in there natural environment.. Secondly, an Owl is a nocturnal animal, of what use is me having a pet I have to keep in the dark, finally I will have to find rats and meat to feed the poor thing..

My brother there is absolutely nothing evil about Owls, these are magnificent birds of prey that keep the rodent population under control.. let's stop killing them, the dont compete with us for food or shelter..

1 Like

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Baroba(m): 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
gozzlin:
Owls are beautiful creatures. Unfortunately, Nigerian witches and wizards morph into owls at night to attend their meetings and perpetrate evil. That has contributed to the notoriety of owls. You can't really say which one is a natural, innocuous owl and which one is an evil witch.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth.. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Eleniyan15: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2016
Baroba:

Jesus Christ of Nazareth.. shocked shocked shocked

wetin concern Jesus name for this matter now
Re: LIVE OWL GOT KILLED by Dnockeror333(m): 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
miremoses:
Lovely creature.

You know why they burn it? Its because they feared the wilds so much! Witch calling bird- burn, Snake- burn, Even man-speaking bird:- Parrot- burn; THIS FEARFUL AND ACHAIC PEOPLE!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Horse And Donkey Pet / My Dog Is Slowly Crashing; I Don't Know What To Do / 10 Deceptively Dangerous Dog Breeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.