Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram (39351 Views)

Petrol Bombs Recovered From Nnamdi Kanu’s House In Umuahia By Soldiers - Police / Police React To News Of Soldiers 'Storming Nnamdi Kanu's House' / Ogun: Militants Engage Soldiers, Police In Gun Duel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:30am On Oct 28, 2016
PREMIUM TIMES has obtained an exclusive list of 30 people arrested by the Nigerian military for allegedly helping the Boko Haram to sell rustled cows.

The arrested people include at least four serving soldiers, two police officers, and some members of the civilian-JTF
The Theatre Commander of the Operation Lafiya Dole, Lucky Irabor, had confirmed the arrest of the 30 people at a press conference in Maiduguri on Wednesday.

According to General Irabor, “those who have been aiding and abetting Boko Haram by way of encouraging cattle rustling ; so far we have arrested 30 of them, many are civilians and we have among them four soldiers and two policemen. They are being investigated and the outcome of the investigation will be brought to your notice.”

What Mr. Irabor, a major general, did not say was that the Boko Haram rustled the cows in the territory they still hold and sneaked them into Maiduguri, the Borno capital, to sell and buy other goods.

The military has since suspected that the insurgents are able to do this and raise fund for their cause based on the active connivance of security operatives and relevant civilians. Subsequent investigation led to the arrest of the 30 people.

The four soldiers arrested include Captain A. A. Hussaini, the operations officer of 195 Battalion in charge of Mafa Local Government Area where Boko Haram still control some areas. The council is a major route into Maiduguri from the North and East.

Another suspect is Lieutenant I. H. Irro, a liaison with 152 Task Force battalion. The other two junior officers are Staff Sergeant Alexander Chiegwe, the guard commander of the main check point from Mafa into Maiduguri, and Lance Corporal Yakpon Dona.

The policemen arrested are Usman Mohammed and Stephen Odoh.

The suspects also include three members of the Civilian-JTF. They are Babakkura Ali, chairman of Kasuwan Shanu branch; Bashir Abbas, the chairman of Sector 2 and Modu 2Star, a member from Mafa town.

The arrested civilians include members of the Livestock Traders Association, some herdsmen and a representative of the Shehu of Borno.

All the suspects are accused of being involved in castle rustling.

Top members of the Civilian-JTF who spoke to PREMIUM TIMES confirmed the arrest of their colleagues. They, however, said they do not have the full details of their arrest.

In the past year, kidnapping and cattle rustling have become another major security threat, aside Boko Haram insurgency which the Nigerian Army has been tackling.
Nearly a hundred kidnappers and cattle rustlers were either killed in shootouts or arrested by soldiers. Over a thousand cows rustled from herdsmen were also recovered.

Fulani herdsmen, accused of attacking communities using assault rifles, have complained that some of them resort to using guns like AK47 to defend themselves because cattle rustlers use similar weapons to attack them and steal their livestock.

The rustling of cattle has since become a major source of revenue for the Boko Haram whose activities since 2009 have caused the death of over 20,000 people and displaced millions of others.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/213890-exclusive-full-list-of-soldiers-police-officers-others-arrested-for-collaborating-with-boko-haram.html

Below is the list:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by cosby02(m): 11:56am On Oct 28, 2016
Im i late for the comments

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
When una officers in Abuja dey withhold their allowance and keep it in a fix deposit to grow interest for yourself while soldiers in battlefield are starving, why dem no go look for dubious means to survive?

12 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
Our brothers never disappoint, so far money dey there. Check number 29

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Honza27(m): 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2016

26 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by veekid(m): 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Na Hausa go full the list; I'm sure

2 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by sleeknick: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Na today Arse get center path?
Let me write these names down before 2moro now they will com and debunk and debate this info grin

8 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
I came to check names and I wasn't shocked.

4 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Young03(m): 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
let me go. n check

1 Like

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by ekojoe(m): 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
NL Wida you pipo not letting me comment on Islamic Posts... And why are there so many of 'em this morning?
WOZZALDIS
Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by uwagimboo: 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
I am sure that number 29 was framed by the lawals, tijani nd Mohammedans...

Number 29 involvement should be further investigated oooo..

#freeno29

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by ajiifixing(m): 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
Flathe-ds are here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought they hate BH with a passion.

5 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
Wait ooo, I noticed 2 names in the list:

Stephen Udoh (Rep of Commissioner of Police)

Alexander Chiegwe (Gd Comd @ Mafa CP)

They will always represent in anything BAD

12 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by AdeniyiA(m): 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
when a government fails to take care of its citizens with #1m, it fights their reactions/insurgency with #1bn...

4 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by rallymento(m): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
The list is useless to me!!!

That's the least I can say for now!

1 Like

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by francis247(m): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
No pictures?
Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by eezeribe(m): 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
OK
Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by uwagimboo: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
ajiifixing:

I am sure Tijani, lawal re names of russians bah
Cone headed aturu...

francis247:
No pictures?

see the pinshures..

27 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by DozieInc(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ok.
Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Guyman02: 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2016
Saboteurs in the military are the key reason why BH has not being defeated.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Omololu007(m): 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2016
is that an ibo man name am seeing in number 29 abi nah my eyes they play trick on me

8 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by laffwitmi: 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igbo must dey there Sha...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by hernandson(m): 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
there is one reason to hate buhari nd 99reasons to love him. Meanwhile if bubu has put our naija money in MMM we wud av solved recession

3 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by bignero: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
ok

Bolustic:
Our brothers never disappoint, so far money dey there. Check number 29

laffwitmi:
Igbo must dey there Sha...

Omololu007:
is that an ibo man name am seeing in number 29 abi nah my eyes they play trick on me
derespect:
Wait ooo, I noticed 2 names in the list:
Stephen Udoh (Rep of Commissioner of Police)
Alexander Chiegwe (Gd Comd @ Mafa CP)
They will always represent in anything BAD
ajiifixing:

Bunch of myopic jobless bycle seat heads

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Ccdavies(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/213890-exclusive-full-list-of-soldiers-police-officers-others-arrested-for-collaborating-with-boko-haram.html

Below is the list:

Name checkers association i sight una..
But one tribe no dey fit carry last fir this kind matter na..even u sef know na..Iyami

3 Likes

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Lovelynature(m): 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
People betraying the nation they meant to protect

Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by ItsawrapOutfit: 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
I reserve my comments
Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
smiley
Re: List Of Soldiers, Police Officers Arrested For Collaborating With Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
See no. 28 sef angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crowd Welcomes Bukola Saraki As He Arrives In Nasarawa / Muammar Gaddafi Designed The World Safest Car Before He Was Killed(pictures) / Umahi: There Is Nothing Like Unknown Gunmen, The Killers Are Our People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.