Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,356 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland (55972 Views)

Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) / Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Corpse Of Godspower Umejuru Ake Arrives Rivers State House Of Assembly. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by DCNM(m): 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2016
ever811:
WAF....what's the eze doing with eye glasses?... any way RIP eze...
Eze in Ogba Land is a Chief. The main traditional ruler is the Oba of Ogba-Land.
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by rottenegg: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
eezeribe:
The eyeglass na to see spirits
Lol!
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by steppin: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

Haha! Still in my twenties o! grin
Grew up with my now late old grandfather, it kinda rubbed off on me, I mean the old people talk.
Okay. The story of the man was written in a book we used in primary school then.
You used it in your post and memories of my childhood flashed back to me.
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by bigfrancis21: 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

You don't force ethnicity on people. You just let them be. Ethnicity demands loyalty and sense of kinship. These people loyalty is towards Bini, their Igbo names bearing kings visit Bini from time to time to pay homage to Bini speaking Oba of Bini.They have no iota of sense of kinship towards SE nor any atom of Loyalty towards us.

Better believe it that these people have more hatred for the SE than they have for SW or the North.

They are not worth the trouble. Just let them be for now. cool

http://ogbakingdom.com/historic-visit/

Isn't this the same king that one time adopted the 'oba' title instead of 'eze'? How come he is now bearing 'eze' again?
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
steppin:

Okay. The story of the man was written in a book we used in primary school then.
You used it in your post and memories of my childhood flashed back to me.

Is it " Mbido Igbo" or "Azu ndu" ?
My granny have copies of both that my uncles used. I read them both at my leisure time.

Kiliwi was drawn doing press up in one of them, and bags of cements were loaded on his back, so much that they nearly formed a mountain. Crazy stuff.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by mandax: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Looooool, all the Divide and conquer and rule police from the most sophisticated tribe full this thread from beginning.

Make any phiam comment linking Rivers state to Igbo, YOU go receive instant ban on Nll.

Their desperation for cheap Oyel money grows.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Uchenduin: 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
Cursed family
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by steppin: 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

Is it " Mbido Igbo" or "Azu ndu" ?
My granny have copies of both that my uncles used. I read them both at my leisure time.

Kiliwi was drawn doing press up in one of them, and bags of cements were loaded on his back, so much that they nearly formed a mountain. Crazy stuff.

I can't remember. But I used mbido Igbo too.
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Isn't this the same king that one time adopted the 'oba' title instead of 'eze'? How come he is now bearing 'eze' again?

No. That one is Eze Chukwumela Nnam-Obi. He is the paramount ruler of Ogba kingdom, his title is Eze Ogba, until recently when he started going by the title of Oba of Ogba.

Ogba has too many mushroom Ezes, like you have in Abia state after Orji uzor introduced the "autonomous community" anarchy. I suspect they( Ogba) were republicans who adopted ceremonial monarchies recently like most SE communities.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Dotman2210(m): 6:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Vhalar Mhorgulis
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
steppin:

I can't remember. But I used mbido Igbo too.

Ok.
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by metallisc(m): 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
Isiokpukpu:

Is this a kind of sarcasm or you are trying to showing us your level of ignorant

don't mind these people o! the only things they know about nigeria are the things they see online.. apart from that - zero knowledge of their country!

they don't know most villages in rivers state are igbo villages!
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by autonomous22: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
I no understand, na eye glass dat dead man wear so...
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by autonomous22: 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2016
Amaechi no com wit him hand bag.... Dakuku
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
DCNM:
Eze in Ogba Land is a Chief. The main traditional ruler is the Oba of Ogba-Land.

Eze means King in Ogba as with all Igbo speaking realms. Even in Far away Igbanke( Edo state), Isobo( Cross river state) Eze still mean King and not chief.

Oba has no meaning in Ogba language, it is a recent import to suit the "We be bini" story. Which sounds ridiculous, seeing as they are yet to import Bini language and throw away the current Igbo one they speak.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by autonomous22: 6:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
I know Amaechi would want to play politics with this burial....
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by RickyTan: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Funnicator:
Eze of Ogbaland?

Nonsense. How can there be an Eze in Rivers state. Igbo has nothing to do with Rivers state.

OP, change your title.

Chibuike Amaechi is Igbo
Odili another Igbo raised In Onitsha
Only people that will govern rivers are Igbos meaning majority of the people are Igbos.
So die or move into the Atlantic child of hate

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by MONITZ: 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
If and only if this can change the perception of our politicians about life, so that they can amend their ways because matter the wealth or poverty, we will all end up same way which is death, it's a compulsory debt that all soul must pay and this ought to be our guiding principle in all that we do, and wat will be rembered for after we re gone?

Most politicians will be remembered for popping champagne and having many girlfriends and concubines ,the number of suites they booked wen they were alive and not a single mention of the positive effect that had on life of a common man.There re some exceptions anyway bt they re infinitesimal and their positive contributions to society is like a drop of water in an ocean.

I used to think academics were better suited to live a non-ostentatious life style being enlightened and educated bt they ve also caught the fever of getting rich by any means possible , and it's mostly empty or illiterate people who like to show off and announce their arrival because they know they ate empty within and desperate to be accepted by all and sundry.

This occasion will only prick their conscience for d duration of time they spend there and after which they go back to their evil and wicked ways again soon after.
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by AkinPhysicist: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

Eze means King in Ogba as with all Igbo speaking realms. Even in Far away Igbanke( Edo state), Isobo( Cross river state) Eze still mean King and not chief.

Oba has no meaning in Ogba language, it is a recent import to suit the "We be bini" story. Which sounds ridiculous, seeing as they are yet to import Bini language and throw away the current Igbo one they speak.

cool Have you ever considered the possibility (however remote from your point of view) that these people's ancestors were really Binis and not Igbos? cool

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by CandyDiamond(f): 6:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

Guy,you have educated me a lot on this issue, thanks, I am always suprise when I see someone speaking Igbo at the saying he or she is not Igbo,I once met a girl with two Igbo name but saying she is not Igbo just like Chibuike Amaechi or Okechukwu Oliseh.I haven't meet a person bearing Olariwaju Bolaji speaking Yoruba and saying he is not a Yoruba person.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by steppin: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

cool Have you ever considered the possibility (however remote from your point of view) that these people's ancestors were really Binis and not Igbos? cool
Yoruba man will always try to twist a tale to Favour him.
They have bini ancestry, yet their names, culture and language are from Igbo.
Oyibos colonized us, but we still have our culture, language and every other thing.
How come they lost theirs just because of the civil war?

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by gidgiddy: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
I dont care if Ogba people claim to be decendants of king Henry the 8th of England. What I would like to know is how their names changed to Igbo? If they can remember that they are from Bini, they should be able to remember how their Bini names became Igbo

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by RickyTan: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
Funnicator:
Eze of Ogbaland?

Nonsense. How can there be an Eze in Rivers state. Igbo has nothing to do with Rivers state.

OP, change your title.

Joker. Dream on.

Their head is Eze Umuakpa. Which tells you everything you need to know.
Just like All Rivers Governor ( Odili, amaechi) will be Igbo which also tells you all you need to know.
Peterside is a dreamer like you
May the King Rest In Peace

We live by omenana meaning tradition of the land

So You you can go an die of hate and envy

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

The possibility is Zero. Here are why:

1, Ogba father who was said to have left Bini during the time of Oba Awurrae 1, according to Ogba history was named "Akalaka". Akalaka was said to be a Bini Prince.
Akalaka is an Igbo name, not a Bini one. What are the possiblility of a pre colonial Bini Prince answering an Igbo name, bearing in mind that the Binis are a very proud people.
Akalaka would go on to name his two sons, Akpa ohia( yet an Igbo name) and Ogba.
This is a supposedly Bini Man.

2. There was no Igbo empire to force down Igbo language on hypothetically Bini speaking Akalaka and Ogba people.
Ogba people claim that their original Bini language was corrupted by Igbo language of their Igbo speaking neighbors who happened to be ( Ukwuani and Ndoni people) two groups who are still suffering from various degrees of Igbo denial themselves and then Ohaji/ Egbema.
But if we for a moment assume that Ukwuanis and Ndoni are proud Igbos, the question arises: Is interaction between Ndoni and Aboh enough to convert an originally bini speaking Ogba into Igbo speaking, without first making them bilingual in Igbo and Bini and then Igbo speaking with evidence of a dead Bini language?
From what we know of human anthropology, the answer is Zero.

This becomes emphasized when we realize that right in the heart of Enu ani, the Yoruba speaking Odiani( Olukumi clan) still speak a Yoruboid language, despite being entirely surrounded by Igbo speaking neighbors, they only became bilingual in Igbo and Olukumi languages.

In Ebonyi state, we have Kele people in Ntezi and Effium, They are entirely surrounded by Igbo speaking tribes, but still speak kele, in addition to Igbo language, ie they are Bilingual.
In Anambra, we have the Igala speaking Olumbanasaa communities, who only became bilingual in Igbo and Igala because of decades of interaction with Igbo speaking neighbors.

In the final analysis, the idea of Ndiigbo influencing Ogba original Bini language, so much that it became entirely replaced by an Igbo one, with no trace of Bini is impossible.

The rational understanding, is that Ogba have always been Igbo speaking since antiquity, rendering the Bini story irrational.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by SlayerSupreme: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
AkinPhysicist:

Absolutely no basis for that claim. It is infact ridiculous.
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
CandyDiamond:

Guy,you have educated me a lot on this issue, thanks, I am always suprise when I see someone speaking Igbo at the saying he or she is not Igbo,I once met a girl with two Igbo name but saying she is not Igbo just like Chibuike Amaechi or Okechukwu Oliseh.I haven't meet a person bearing Olariwaju Bolaji speaking Yoruba and saying he is not a Yoruba person.

Thanks.

It's the price we have to pay for losing the war, and then for being curses with visionless political jobbers who parade themselves around as political leaders in SE.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by AkinPhysicist: 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Absolutely no basis for that claim. It is infact ridiculous.

cool What makes it ridiculous? cool
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by mandax: 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
Listen, Igbo people. There is Beira Corridor that links landlocked Zambia pass one country and through to the ocean.

An Igbo country can easily be linked to the Atlantic ocean through a negotiated Corridor.

Leave these people that change their names and age-old towns' names alone;

leave the person who changed age-old Chieftaincy title from Eze to Oba alone;

what use can some people who deny their ancestry be to an Igbo only country?

With an Igbo country gone from Nigeria soon, those people shall be governed by Islamic Mullahs from the south west and northern Nigeria. Then, they shall start to seek for asylum in the Igbo country.
Plesasssssse leave them alone.

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Ojiofor: 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Why una won turn the burial of this Eze Ogba to Igbo Identity debate,una no dey tire? smh.
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Tedassie(m): 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
MandingoXXX:
That motherfvcker doesn't look like he is dead. Wait, let me take a close look.
same thing ur frienemies will say when u're kaput!

can i get an Amen
#silly
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by MYGFGSGH: 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
There claim of bini is just like Nigeria to be claiming English simply because we we're colonised by England. As you know bini kingdon had cultural influence on most Igboid communities mostly within the riverine.
Igboid:

Do you really think so?

Oyigbo has Oil, yet are proud Igbos.
Ika has no oil, yet the "We be Bini" story there is stronger than kiliwi wachukwu.

It will take more than just their oil drying up to reconcile these people back to the fold.

Though I believe that the Post 1970 oil politics of the FG played a big role in their current psyche.

It will take a strong leadership in SE, whose single aim is the unification of all Igbo speaking clans under one realm. This leadership must be a progressive forward looking one.
I'm yet to see one.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by AkinPhysicist: 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

The possibility is Zero. Here are why:

1, Ogba father who was said to have left Bini during the time of Oba Awurrae 1, according to Ogba history was named "Akalaka". Akalaka was said to be a Bini Prince.
Akalaka is an Igbo name, not a Bini one. What are the possiblility of a pre colonial Bini Prince answering an Igbo name, bearing in mind that the Binis are a very proud people.
Akalaka would go on to name his two sons, Akpa ohia( yet an Igbo name) and Ogba.
This is a supposedly Bini Man.

cool Now, what if the name Akalaka changed over the years to sound more Igboid and less Biniad? Have you considered this possibility? Also, Akpa ohia might be an Igbo name but that does not negate the claim that Akalaka (his father) was a bini prince - after all Rotimi Amechi is not Yoruba yet bears a typical Yoruba name - this practice is a very old one. cool

Igboid:

2. There was no Igbo empire to force down Igbo language on hypothetically Bini speaking Akalaka and Ogba people.
Ogba people claim that their original Bini language was corrupted by Igbo language of their Igbo speaking neighbors who happened to be ( Ukwuani and Ndoni people) two groups who are still suffering from various degrees of Igbo denial themselves and then Ohaji/ Egbema.
But if we for a moment assume that Ukwuanis and Ndoni are proud Igbos, the question arises: Is interaction between Ndoni and Aboh enough to convert an originally bini speaking Ogba into Igbo speaking, without first making them bilingual in Igbo and Bini and then Igbo speaking with evidence of a dead Bini language?
From what we know of human anthropology, the answer is Zero.
This becomes emphasized when we realize that right in the heart of Enu ani, the Yoruba speaking Odiani( Olukumi clan) still speak a Yoruboid language, despite being entirely surrounded by Igbo speaking neighbors, they only became bilingual in Igbo and Olukumi languages.
In Ebonyi state, we have Kele people in Ntezi and Effium, They are entirely surrounded by Igbo speaking tribes, but still speak kele, in addition to Igbo language, ie they are Bilingual.
In Anambra, we have the Igala speaking Olumbanasaa communities, who only became bilingual in Igbo and Igala because of decades of interaction with Igbo speaking neighbors.

cool Cultural assimilation is very complicated. It appears you do not have a full grasp of it. While it is true that groups like the Olukunmi were able to maintain their language (notice I did not say culture) - the reality is that throughout history MANY groups assimilate language-wise while others maintain most of their language. So the assimilation of the Ogbas would not be outside the realm of possibilities. cool

Igboid:

In the final analysis, the idea of Ndiigbo influencing Ogba original Bini language, so much that it became entirely replaced by an Igbo one, with no trace of Bini is impossible.
The rational understanding, is that Ogba have always been Igbo speaking since antiquity, rendering the Bini story irrational.

cool Are you sure this is impossible? Languages do go extinct and are replaced by the dominant language. Also, are you sure that there are no traces of Bini language in the tongue spoken by the Ogbas? cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Didi Ukpo, Buhari's Female Fan Changes Tune In One Year ( Photos ) / Throwback Picture Of Tinubu Signing A ₦20m Deal With a Chinese Company In 1992 / Osinbajo’s Convoy Attacked In Ilorin, Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.