Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada (3300 Views)

We Shall Be Making Statement To Intimidate The Smiling Crocodile - NDGJM / Finally, Peace In N-delta As NDGJM Announces Ceasefire / Utorogu Liberation Movement, New Militant Group Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by Efewestern: 5:16pm On Oct 29, 2016
stephenmorris:
urhobos and isokos are one in my view bro, but the neglect in isokoland is worst then that of the urhobos

Yes i support ur view.. gotto Most isoko communities they are under developed and they produced oil more than Urhobo, i think its not fair, Ijaw are not the only group in ND that are been marginalized, I hope fratermathy creates a thread on That soon.

ISOKO WADOOOO

1 Like

Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2016
fratermathy:

Greetings to you brother.

Some of these guys can't just see things that don't concern them and jum-an-pass! They want to prove stuffs to everyone. If he continues bantering, I'll make sure he regrets branching into this thread. Nor be only him sabi derail o.

And happy birthday bro, grin
thanks brother,pls dont let him derail this thread and no need of creating another thread forthe isokos ,all i want is make this thread also about the isokos because isokos are just a different dialect of urhobo anguage ,we bear the same names ,greet the same way ,dress the same way and even eat the same way. Even outsiders cannot distinguish between the urhobos and isokos because there is no difference, lol, even before the isokos were known as ''ISOKOS'' they were first known as the eastern urhobos a name most of us still bear till today .rather make isoko in ur thread the most neglected part of the urhobo nation, if possible, because they are in my view.
this thread is one of the most greatest thread ever
proudly isoko,proudly urhobo

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
Noneroone:
urhobo the second most dominant group in south south...this is delusion grandeur.

Anyway for those op may decieve

Igbo groups are the largest in south south, followed by Ibibio-Efik-Annang, followed by Edo groups, then Ijaw before you talk of urhobo. They are not number four in south south. Even in Delta urhobo cannot be bigger than anioma when they have 8 lga and anioma has 9.
These igbo people wouldn't leave ND alone, always dragging land. My friend leave ND alone.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by daxlasaint(m): 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
fratermathy:

I don't think you know anything about Delta State politics. And to correct your ethnophobic statement: Urhobos occupy 8lgas in Delta Central; 2 in Delta South (parts of Warri South and Patani) and this is even without Isoko yet; some communities in Ikpoba - Okha, Edo State; some communities in Sagbama, Bayelsa State. Urhobos are also an Edoid group, contrary to your attempt to bifurcate Edoid groups and Urhobo. Urhobos dominate Delta State with a population of about 4million, minus Isoko. If you are lumping Efik-Ibibio together then Urhobo-Isoko should be lumped together to level the field. Isoko has 2 extra LGAs in Delta South and a population of 1million. And when you say Igboid groups, do they feature as a single body or as different groups? Nawao. See ethnic fanatics coming to spew trash.

In any case, you are entitled to your opinion!

This thread is not about Igbos but Urhobos. Keep your facts to yourself and your brothers & let us cane our Lane. It's not by force.

And mind you, Urhobos are not competing with anybody or any group so if you think it's a competition, you can go and win it yourself but make sure you eat the medal.
word! this is why Nigeria is in the mess we find her today.... it's all bout competitively undermining other ethnic groups in order to feel better bout yours... energy better spent trying to make your ethnic group the best it can be...
people go carry another man tribe matter for head like yam when dem dey hawk for market!

1 Like

Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by daxlasaint(m): 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2016
24SEVEN:

Ok. Well said.

In your opinion, do you think the too many ethnicities in Niger Delta compete for federal presence/recognition and by that undo each other?? Do you think among the Niger Deltans there should be a sharing formula for allocation of national assets/infrastructures?

to answer your question I don't think the problem is the amount of ethnic groups but rather the way the country is structured... in a true federation we wouldn't have these issues cos we will all control what we produce whether it's crude oil or palm oil.... and having to fend for yourself will force everyone to fully utilize available resources or means to generate income.... in our case as urhobos, if we had control of our resources then we would have no one but our selves to hold responsible if we do not achieve the right level of progress.... it's leaders that are dynamic and selfless enough to fight for these ideals that we lack....
Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 30, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Awesome points. I'll start from the back, your last points, that should be our focus right now. That what affects one affects all, and the fight should be regional. It's why I supported the Avenger, after their press release that they have commanders from every part of the region. And they have lighted up different parts of the region, so that sounds like it's true. We need a Regional Youth Movement, that encompasses everyone, that's speaks with one voice and fight one fight. Nobody in Naija can stop us if we can achieve that.

Back to your first point, the fear of leaving and the unknown. If I say I don't have those same fears, I would be lying. But I can't keep letting the fear of the unknown shackle me.
We are a product of out environment, whoever we are today Nigeria made us. We are a product of the Nigerian system, we can either keep going on in a system that has corrupted us, turned our men to warlord and underdevelop our communities or break free and try to start a new path and system.
The first few years might not be rosy, but if we put the checks and balances in place in a short while, we will get things right.
If everything is divided along ethnic lines, states, resources, who and how to govern, it will lead to very little uprising. Because we are very tribal centric and so are our warlords. The other major reason I don't think we will be a case of South Sudan is that, our warlords have tasted money and flipped legit. If we ever get a country, these folks would be thinking about setting up empires. They are more exposed than most give them credit for and some genuinely want to see our places comparable to those they visit abroad.
It's not gonna be easy, they will be a lot of growing pains. But we don't need the check and balances of any big tribe that don't really care for us, we can check and balance ourselves.
I also don't believe we're as stupid as the rest of Naija think we are that if we get our own country we will let warlords lead us. There is a place for them, the newly formed military. Today warlords are not Local govt chairmen or Governors in our region. We are not as scared of them as the rest of Naija, they are not some mythical creatures. They are our brothers and we know how to fight them.

The one thing I'll ask all my brothers that are for one Nigeria; is what have we gained by being Nigerians for over 50years? We kept our part of the bargain, feed them with our resources. What have we gotten in return, have they fulfilled their end? Would we have been any worse if we were say in Cameroon? Some other country or on our own?

This line of thinking is not bad itself, some people give too much power to the warlords, not knowing the system created such men. If we had a system where equity, fairness and justice reigns, nobody will be willing to be warlords, what people will be are not more than cartels, which are purely for economic reasons without using cry for equity and justice as it's oxygen to burn.
Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by sanandreas(m): 6:27am On Oct 30, 2016
Urhobo wadooo! Urhobo Mena ovuovo...
The urhobo nation play host to key gas facilities and power plants. Let us unite to feel federal presence in our localities.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by Efewestern: 6:50am On Oct 30, 2016
sanandreas:
Urhobo wadooo! Urhobo Mena ovuovo...
The urhobo nation play host to key gas facilities and power plants. Let us unite to feel federal presence in our localities.

Unity... this is what we lack bro..

lalasticlala , seun please do the needful
Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by otokx(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2016
Proudly Urhobo/Isoko/Itsekiri but lack of unity amongst us has been our greatest undoing.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by SlayerSupreme: 11:00am On Oct 30, 2016
CeoMYN:

These igbo people wouldn't leave ND alone, always dragging land. My friend leave ND alone.
Ogba man. So you're here. I heard one chief died in Ogba recently but we don't know if he was an oba or Eze. Confuse gadimakwa
Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 30, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Ogba man. So you're here. I heard one chief died in Ogba recently but we don't know if he was an oba or Eze. Confuse gadimakwa
Is Eze exclusive to Igbo? In Ogba we have Egi headed by an Eze and Ibru headed by an Oba. But the Oba is more powerful.
Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by SlayerSupreme: 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
CeoMYN:

Is Eze exclusive to Igbo? In Ogba we have Egi headed by an Eze and Ibru headed by an Oba. But the Oba is more powerful.
Yes Eze is exclusive to Igbo groups. No P tho'. Unu efuo la
Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Yes Eze is exclusive to Igbo groups. No P tho'. Unu efuo la
Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by SlayerSupreme: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
CeoMYN:
?
Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by jared007: 3:33am On Oct 31, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Bro I'm totally in support of almost all you've wrote. Just want to point out something I noticed from all your conversations, you keep talking about population of the Urhobo's without saying anything about the amount of crude produced by the land of this teaming population. Urhobos for their population do not produce and have the same oil and gas reserves that the Efik, Ijaws and even Itsekhiri's .
I agree that every ethnic nationality in the region deserve due representation and should get what is rightfully theirs. But it should be based on production/reserves, not population. Population is how the north as been getting more allocation than everyone else and even the blind knows it's unfair. If you want to go on about population, then the Edo's can come up with population talk too now.
The Urhobos have the largest gas reserve in Delta State sha but comes third in crude oil reserve after Itsekiri and Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by Efewestern: 5:43am On Oct 31, 2016
lalasticlala , abeg move to the permanent site..

1 Like

Re: Urhobo, Niger Delta And NDGJM (Militant Group) By Sunny Awhefeada by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 31, 2016
jared007:
The Urhobos have the largest gas reserve in Delta State sha but comes third in crude oil reserve after Itsekiri and Ijaw.
Do not deceive the gullible online. The Urhobos comes third both in Gas and Crude Oil reserves. Forget those stories you hear...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

19-year-old Boy Marries 15-year-old Girl In Northern Nigeria (photos) / The Hypocrisy Against Rochas and Uche Nwosu / Abba Kyari, El Rufai & Co Opens War Against Osinbajo Ahead Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.