Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? (17496 Views)

If A Baby Dies Will He/She Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Are You Going To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Lekewatt(m): 11:05am On Nov 18, 2016
Yes, they are going to Biafra with the help of apostle trump grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by itsloba: 11:05am On Nov 18, 2016
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but by Me” (John 14:6). The “no one” He referred to includes Jews and Gentiles. Jews are not saved because they are God’s chosen people, but because they believe in Jesus Christ as their true Messiah. There are many Messianic Jews who have accepted Yeshua (the Hebrew word for “Jesus”) as their Messiah.

However, there is no doubt that the Jews are still God’s chosen people. “For you are a holy people unto the LORD your God: the LORD your God hath chosen you to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because you were more in number than any people; for you were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers…” (Deuteronomy 7:6-cool.

From all the nations and people on the earth, why exactly did God “choose” the Jews? John Gill, in his Exposition of the Entire Bible, says the Jews were “chosen for special service and worship, and to enjoy special privileges and benefits, civil and religious; though they were not chosen to special grace…or eternal glory.” The Jews were chosen to be a blessing to all the nations of the earth (Genesis 12). The Jews were chosen to be a light to the Gentiles. So then, are all Jews “saved” just because they are Jews?

According to many modern rabbinical scholars the Christian concept of salvation from sin has no equal in Judaism. Judaism does not believe that man, by his nature, is evil or sinful and therefore believes that man has no need to be “saved” from an eternal damnation. In fact, most Jews today do not believe in a place of eternal punishment or a literal hell. The Hebrew root word for “sin” is chayt, which literally means “to miss the mark.” It is a term commonly used in archery, of one who “misses the mark” of the bull’s-eye. When a Jew misses the mark and occasionally falls into the sin of failing to fulfill the laws of God, the belief is that he can obtain forgiveness through prayer, repentance and doing good deeds.

The book of Leviticus (17:11), the third book of the Torah, clearly gives the prescription for forgiveness: “For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.” The temple sacrifice was always the centerpiece for Jewish atonement. Once a year, on the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), the Levitical High Priest would enter the Holy of Holies in the temple and sprinkle the blood of the sacrifice on the mercy seat. Through this yearly act, atonement was made for the sins of all Israel, but the Holy Temple was destroyed in A.D. 70, and for almost 2,000 years, Jews have been without a temple, a sacrifice, and a means of atonement.

The Brit Chadasha (the New Covenant or New Testament) teaches us that the Jewish Messiah, Jesus Christ, came to the “lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24) precisely at the time preceding the destruction of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem. “But when Messiah arrived as a High Priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more complete Tabernacle, not made with hands—that is, not of this creation—and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered into the Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been made common, sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Messiah, Who through the eternal Spirit, offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the Living God?” (Hebrews 9:11-14).

The New Testament teaches that all of us, Jews and Gentiles, have “missed the mark” (Romans 3:23). All of us are under the consequences of sin, and “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). We are all in need of salvation from our sin; we are all in need of a Savior. The New Testament teaches that Jesus the Messiah is “the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father” but through Him (John 14:6) And, most importantly, “there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under Heaven given among men by which it is necessary for us to be saved" (Acts 4:12).

For the Jews, Jesus the Messiah has come as High Priest and through His once-for-all sacrifice for sin offers complete atonement to all people. For there is “no distinction” between Jew and Gentile (Romans 10:12). Yes, the Jews are God’s chosen people, and through them came the Jewish Messiah to bless all the nations of the earth. And it is only through Jesus that Jews can find God’s complete atonement and forgiveness.

While individual Jews must come to Christ for salvation, God is still not finished with Israel as a nation. The Bible tells us that in the end times, Israel will finally recognize Jesus as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). Jeremiah 33:8, Ezekiel 11:17, and Romans 11:26 predict that in the end times Israel will be regenerated, restored, and regathered in their homeland. This regathering took place in 1948 when Israel was recognized as a sovereign country by the United nations. Clearly, God is not finished with the Jewish people.
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by lepasharon(f): 11:08am On Nov 18, 2016
Lilimax:
I'm not threatening at all just a clarion call to
give your life to Jesus Christ if you've not done so smiley

Whether you're a Christian or not is immaterial, you have to avoid had I known on the last day. embarassed

Don't tell me what to do. Your comment was an attempt
to scare ppl into beleive, but try again.

You seem to know what happens on the last day very well don't you? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Optimist1(m): 11:09am On Nov 18, 2016
KaptainAfrika:
Why threaten him? Are you God? You think you are alive because you are a Christian? if God takes the breath out of your nostrils, no one can question Him. Who will challenge Him? He says Christianity is a scam, he probably has his reasons for saying so, you reply with reasons you believe that Christianity is not a scam.

I'm not threatening him but telling him something will happen if he does not seek for God's forgiveness.
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Lilimax(f): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2016
lepasharon:

There is no compulsion into surrendering to jesus. Afterall, the Bible says: And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.(Joshua 24:15)

See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;... (Deuteronomy 30:15)

Bro Choose life which is in Christ Jesus! smiley
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Angelsss(f): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Jew or no Jew, if you do not believe in Jesus Christ, you are going to hell.

Fine the Jews are God's chosen race and it is very evident from the way Israel is developing.
But do you think God is happy with the way they demean his son?
Because they are chosen doesn't mean they cannot be destroyed.
Jesus is the only way to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Originalsly: 11:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Most Christians do not believe the Jews can do no wrong.. maybe those in your local area do. In the Old Testament it was all about the Jews and they were just as divided then as they are today. Weren't the Jews that announced Jesus was the Messiah?.... and weren't the Jews the ones that said he wasn't and crucified Him? In the Old Testament it was all about the Jews.... the tithes that soooo many pastors focus on... and most of the focus points by these fraudsters pastors were all meant for the Jews. After the crucifixion salvation was opened to both Jews and Gentiles.... to make Heaven believing that Jesus is the Son of God became a must .... there is no other way to make it to Heaven... Jesus is the only way.There are Jews that believe in Jesus and those that don't. ... Jews for Jesus is a large sect and the Jews are just as sectoral as the Muslims or Christians... or in fact more divided than both since despite the differences all Muslims believe in their 'Messiah'...Mohammed. .... all Christians believe in their Messiah. ..Jesus... but all Jews do not believe in the same Messiah.
The 'religious' Jews are either waiting for the return of Jesus..... or the other sect believe the Messiah is already here but not identified.They have got 'the sign' several times and identified certain ones as Him.... flocked to worship him only to declare later that that was not the one. Then they are the other Jews... the Zionists.... basically the warmongers...the worldly ones... the ones that want to wipe out the Muslims and are having things their way in the world today and are unconditionally backed by the US.
So when you say Jews..... don't ever believe they have the same belief. Like anyone else... Jews have no special pass to make it to Heaven. If anyone will make it is not for me or you to say. .... this is where the quote Judge Not applies.
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by hardasan(f): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2016
alfarouq:
Cc: friendchoice, Anas09, Apcsupporter,demzy, 4everGod
may be someone can help clarify
They will make heaven. The bible says All israel shall be saved. The bible also said that blindness in part is upon them for the sake of the rest of the world but at the appointed time, God will open their eyes
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2016
Ken4Christ:
The Jews are the special people of God before Jesus came. God had promised Abraham that he will bless the word through his seed. Apostle Paul let us know that the seed is Christ.

But before Christ came, God gave them the Law through Moses to regulate their religious and social life. The law had conditions. They will be blessed if they keep the laws and they will be cursed if they break the law - Deuteronomy 28.

However, the Jews couldn't keep the law and consequently, they came under the curse.

Years after, Jesus came as their Messiah to save them and redeemed them from the law of Moses. Ironically, they opposed him, rejecting the grace Jesus preached. It was even one of the reasons they killed Jesus. They accused him of breaking the law of Moses. Jesus at one time delivered a woman from being stoned to death because she was caught in the very act of adultery.

They killed Jesus and fulfilled prophecy. Well, Jesus rose from the dead but so many still didn't believe.

The other reason Jesus was rejected as their Messiah was because he fell short of their expectations. They were looking for a man that will lead them to war and deliver them from the oppression of the enemy. Jesus did not do any of these. So, they rejected him. Besides, the religious leaders of his day never agreed with the liberality that Jesus brought.

It was the rejection of Jesus by the Jews that opened up the door for the Gentiles to be saved - John 1:11-13.

So, where are the Jews in the plan of God? Are they still going to be saved. The answer is yes but it is a future events. Right now, they are spiritually blind. They are still expecting their Messiah. To them Jesus is not their Messiah.

The Messiah will come who is actually a false prophet that will work with the Anti Christ that is yet to be revealed. He will bring peace to Isreal like they have never had before through a 7 years peace treaty. However, after 3 and a half years, he will place an image of the anti Christ in the temple of God and force every one to worship the image.

Because of the respect the Jews have for the law of Moses, they will not worship the image. This will bridge the peace they have been enjoying as the Anti Christ and the false prophet will persecute them. It is at this point their understanding will come to them that Jesus whom they rejected is the Christ. They will go through the great tribulation Jesus predicted in the book of Matthew, chapter 24. At this point, all Israel who refuse to receive the mark of the beast will be saved. Before that time, 144,000 Jews have been marked out for salvation and raptured. Revelation 7 & 14.

So, Isreal will be saved but it will be the remnants during the period of the great tribulation.

Jesus will come back and fight the battle they were expecting him to fight and rescue them from the hand of the Anti Christ and false prophet.

After this, he will establish his 1,000 years reign on earth.
ok. And what about the world outside israel?
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by MicroBox: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2016
Christianity is Fraud

3 Likes

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 18, 2016
There is no hell...

...nor heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by NovusHomo(m): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
hardasan:

They will make heaven. The bible says All israel shall be saved. The bible also said that blindness in part is upon them for the sake of the rest of the world but at the appointed time, God will open their eyes

Who cares? Not even the jews themselves, but Nigerians. Typical. So, how is the economic recession at your end?

1 Like

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by hardasan(f): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
NovusHomo:

Who cares? Not even the jews themselves, but Nigerians. Typical. So, how is the economic recession at your end?

A question was asked and I replied. why is your body nau pinching you.
As for the recession, Im largely unaffected. cheesy
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by fayne(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
see, leave God matters to God and simply be a good neighbour to all. lifeS too short to be debating on who will go to heaven n who to hell. lets do our part and God who sees all will dish out the appropriate reward/judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
GodIsFoolish:
Hell and Heaven don't exist so nobody is going there
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by oglalasioux(m): 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
If there's hell they should surely end there for introducing such lying, destructive and belligerent religions as Christianity and Islam to the world not to even mention the one they held onto which they are using to take people's lands from them.

2 Likes

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by John902(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
alfarouq:

please, this thread is for reasonable people who have things to contribute or clarify, if you are not knowledgeable enough to contribute or clarify, just be humble enough and you will not be denied the chance of been a spectator and perhaps you might learn one or two things instead of trying to use arrogance to cover your ignorance.
seek knowledge for ur self first...ur eternal life should be ur own concern
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Anas09: 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2016
Rilwayne001:

The same coward that ran away from my thread, what fact does he have?
Hahahahahahahaha. You are sayimg this to make yourself look like super man in the Islamic community here? Rilwayne i no fit run away from you, u no reach. If i ignore you, its because i deem you insignificant. A Christian can not run from a dirty muslim. I never run from demons nah you?
Dem never born you. Comeon getout from here.
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by DrMuzungu(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
To hell. Where else?

And no, I wasn't serious here, in case you wonder. You people should better focus on how to make the society better,rather than blabbing about stuff that has nothing to do with your quality of life.
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Rilwayne001: 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2016
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahaha. You are sayimg to make yourself look like super man in the Islamic community here? Rilwayne i no fit run away from you, u no reach. If i ignore you, its because i deem you insifnificant. A Christian can not run from a dirty muslim. I never run my demons nah you?
Dem never born you. Comeon getout from here.

Lols grin grin grin
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Anas09: 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Lols grin grin grin
You are the least wen it comes to the people i will run from.
What happened to the thread 4everGod opened? Why did you and all the Islamic jinns run from it? Why didnt you stand and defend Islam? Shd i call the thread up, are you ready to anawer the questions there?

Keep your islamic Piss drinking mouth away from facing this side. It stinks from there to here.
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by MiyattiAllah: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
analice107:
Mr Muslim, leave the Jews alone. Those people gives you the heebeedee jeebees. Get a life. They don't even notice if you live or die. Why have constant constipation about them?

They are busy breaking grounds in all fields, backing Nobel Prices, but all you do is hate them and wish them hell. Well, sorry to bust your bubbles, no Israelite shall go to hell, because its not their fault that they rejected the Messiah.

I have wasted enough time here already, bye.
Jews are wonderful, they made Christian like tools and use them for anything. Look at you now.

1 Like

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by PLEXPLEX(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
John 3: 18 condemned whosoever reject Christ that include Jews & moslems especially because their prophet twisted the truth about Christ so their own hell shall be the hottest with the devil.
Do urself one good by repenting Mr. Moslem, otherwise u shall burn in the hottest hell ....
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by schoolhelpng(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
it should have been Are Moslems going go hell or heaven?
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by hopefulLandlord: 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
peeta4u:
He must b very cruel den, and not a loving and 4givin God as preached....

the same god that found nothing wrong in slavery?

must be "loving"

1 Like

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by alexmakaay(m): 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
alfarouq:
I was discussing with a christian and he made the statement salvation is of the Jews and when i asked him what happened to the claim that believing in Jesus is the way to salvation, bearing in mind that most Jews are not only anti-Jesus, they go to the extent of calling him unprintable names such as an impostor, a child born out of wedlock, a blasphemer.

What according to Christianity will be the fate of such Jews in the afterlife? Are they going to heaven or hell?

To most modern Christians, a Jew can do know wrong, what is been frowned upon if done by a gentile becomes not only allowed but praised when done by Jews as most modern Christians believe. They will always defend themselves with a verse from their bible which says i will bless him who has blessed thee and i will curse him who has cursed thee.

Is the allegation of non-Christians that the christian God is only a Jewish God. why should there be separate rules for Jews and separate for gentiles

orthodox and christian Jews are not d same. Be informed.
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Tbamo(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
alfarouq:

please, this thread is for reasonable people who have things to contribute or clarify, if you are not knowledgeable enough to contribute or clarify, just be humble enough and you will not be denied the chance of been a spectator and perhaps you might learn one or two things instead of trying to use arrogance to cover your ignorance.
if you want a free and fair argument, campaign for the restrictions on the muslim pages on nairaLand be removed else steer clear of christian topics!
the door swings both ways! Muslims are quick to look for holes in the garments of others but cry blue murder when theirs are under scrutiny!
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ubenedictus:
i'm fine dear one,
there is no problem with d fssp the problem is in attending with d sspx, those are two different groups.

this discussion is best had on d catholic thread.
Thanks bro
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Rilwayne001: 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
Anas09:

You are the least wen it comes to the people i will run from.
What happened to the thread 4everGod opened? Why did you and all the Islamic jinns run from it? Why didnt you stand and defend Islam? Shd i call the thread up, are you ready to anawer the questions there?

Keep your islamic Piss drinking mouth away from facing this side. It stinks from there to here.

4evergod was not seeking for answer in the thread he opened. You cannot be asking question and answering it at the same time, that means you know and there's no point trying to convince you especially when all you have is copy and paste. Maybe you should ask your 4evergod why he ran away from my threAd that i opened specifically for him. Even you and your fellow assemblage of cretins didn't show up.

As for the other rubbish you wrote up there.. I can only say BLEEP YOU undecided undecided angry

Silly uncultured little brat angry

3 Likes

Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Anas09: 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
Rilwayne001:

4evergod was not seeking for answer in the thread he opened. You cannot be asking question and answering it at the same time, that means you know and there's no point trying to convince you especially when all you have is copy and paste. Maybe you should ask your 4evergod why he ran away from my threAd that i opened specifically for him. Even you and your fellow assemblage of cretins didn't show up.

As for the other rubbish you wrote up there.. I can only say BLEEP YOU undecided undecided angry

Silly uncultured little brat angry
Rilwayne. You can't make me decend to your filth and have a convo with a Piss drink Skunk. Get out.
Re: Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? by Anas09: 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2016
lepasharon:

Why are you so afraid of what will happen on the Last day? There's no last day rememeber?

Stop having spasms anytime you hear someone talk about these things.

O Well, i sure know it's not Sharon running scared, it is he who possesses Sharon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"POVERTY" Is A Choice, True Or False? / Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.