Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS (50655 Views)

Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform / 80-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Demonstrates How To Disarm A Thief (Photos) / PHOTOS: Ooni’s New Wife, Silekunola, Enters The Palace With Grace, Elegance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by dainformant(m): 7:34am On Oct 29, 2016
It was the 78th Birthday of His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Dr) Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III, Alaafin of Oyo, The Permanent Chairman, Oyo State Council of Obas and Chiefs, when he amazed everyone by entering the boxing ring as boxer and the Oldest boxer to enter into the boxing ring for an exhibition match.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/10/78-year-old-alaafin-of-oyo-surprises.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by PrettyCrystal: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2016
nice

3 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by JingoOAU(m): 7:36am On Oct 29, 2016
I just hope and pray someone wouldn't die with a first punch

62 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by madridguy(m): 7:36am On Oct 29, 2016
Long life Iku Baba Yeye.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by ChangeIsCostant: 7:36am On Oct 29, 2016
strong man

8 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by ChangeIsCostant: 7:37am On Oct 29, 2016
u tink say any blow go touch am ...lol
JingoOAU:

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by ayobase(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2016
Exhibition it is.
Nice sense of humour and patriotism sir Alaafin.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 29, 2016
Who knows that JIBOWU'S song = 1 BLOW SEVEN DIE?

Meanwhile

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by sarrki(m): 7:41am On Oct 29, 2016
Great king

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by juman(m): 7:43am On Oct 29, 2016
He is an ordinary alaafin in history of yoruba people.

Whereas there were great alaafins like sango.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by Bleepyou: 7:54am On Oct 29, 2016
juman:
He is an ordinary alaafin in history of yoruba people.

Whereas there were great alaafins like sango.

Expound further for proper understanding

7 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by omenka(m): 8:04am On Oct 29, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
u tink say any blow go touch am ...lol
Lmao. That guy na learner.

If the other guy even "attempt" to throw blow sef, police go shoot am. grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by princealexndre(m): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2016
hmm baba oh, this guy don pass 78 nah

1 Like

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by omowolewa: 8:12am On Oct 29, 2016
ALAFIN iku baba yeye!
Abegi, I no wan hear stories that move the heart to tears.

3 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by eezeribe(m): 8:17am On Oct 29, 2016
That's why I like the Sultan of sokoto and Obi of Onitsha..
They don't seek Attention

12 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by gebest: 8:21am On Oct 29, 2016
I luv dis man, he is too lively

1 Like

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by tyokunbo(m): 9:03am On Oct 29, 2016
I'm not surprised. The Alaafin has been one of Nigerian boxing's greatest supporters in the past 50 years.

10 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by juman(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2016
Bleepyou:

Expound further for proper understanding

Yoruba says king that was on the throne and there was peace, harmony and prosperity, that kind of king would never be forgotten. An example of great king.

But a king that during his time as king people became poorer, suffering pervaded everywhere, the birds are not sounding like birds, the rats are not sounding like rats, that kind of king would always be remembered as ordinary and bad king.

Most super kings of today are such class of bad and ordinary kings.

1 Like

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by francis247(m): 11:56am On Oct 29, 2016
Seriously? He looks like Tinubu.
Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2016
grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by Psyrus(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2016
Kingsdale
Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by lajoshua: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2016
fellas I won 13456324567 dollars you didn't read that number. You just skipped right over it. You didn't
even realize I put a letter in it. No I didn't but you went back and looked. I want my like. oya give me my like.. yes I want to eat it.. grin.. they did it to me too.

meanwhile see what they did to our precious Jake oogrin

48 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by bamisepeters(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2016
juman:

Yoruba says king that was on the throne and there was peace, harmony and prosperity, that kind of king would never be forgotten. An example of great king.

But a king that during his time as king people became poorer, suffering pervaded everywhere, the birds are not sounding like birds, the rats are not sounding like rats, that kind of king would always be remembered as ordinary and bad king.

Most super kings of today are such class of bad and ordinary kings.
so it is now the obas fault that you killed all the birds and rats in your house abi? You just continue...

4 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by Uchbebe46(m): 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
the old man wan die ni
Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by RZArecta(m): 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
Exercise is good cool

Boxing (if he really received punches) is a dangerous sport
Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by ACE1010: 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
JingoOAU:
Lol
Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by mrlogon: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
wetin our father want do
Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
On my way to make the King' s delivery

4 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by Tobycharles: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
Am sure d opponent will want to thread him punch with ease with d tot of not knocking down a king, n Baba will b like, u? U too small, pikin no sabi jazz, hin dey call vegetable (Wa fe ku lale Yi)

2 Likes

Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by pizzylee(m): 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
Re: 78-Year-Old Alaafin Of Oyo Enters Boxing Ring For Match - PICS by deebrain(m): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
eezeribe:
That's why I like the Sultan of sokoto and Obi of Onitsha..

They don't seek Attention

Your sense of humour is zero.

Seek help.

29 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Ridiculous Bride Price You Have Ever Heard? / Oba Of Lagos Refuses To Shake Ooni Of Ife (video) / Hilarious "ISHAN" Adage And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.