Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin (38717 Views)

The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Colorful Photos From Oba Of Benin Coronation "Oba Ewuare II Of Benin Kingdom" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 7:38am On Oct 30, 2016
Rick9:
Sooner or later all these customs and so called traditional would be a thing of the past.

I welcome you all into the New Age of Enlightenment. I wonder why Africa has decided to continue dwelling in the Dark Ages . When some countries are advanncing in science and technology.
mumu like you. what of China ,Japan n co, India etc. they don't mess with their tradition. guy u mess up...u played yourself
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 7:40am On Oct 30, 2016
onionsoup:
Ooh I miss The Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa
. we all missed him but he was blooded Benin man and he for no do anything even though he battled with many of them back then..u can bury but no ceremony simple

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Ambode did that? Where? That man keeps earning my respect! Yet the Benin king is a former ambassador who has travelled wide. You can take a camel to the river. . .
take ambode to Benin and let him try it. he will die before getting to Lagos. all those small small oba wey be like landlord for all the corner for lagos. if you don't understand what the tradition says, ask question...
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 7:50am On Oct 30, 2016
onomeasike:

Which history? The failed attempt at rewriting history by the late Oba whose son is reading from the same script written by his own late father. Thank God the head of his forebears are still resting in Ile Ife and that's the real history you liars couldn't rewrite grin
Ooni was just laughing at a small king forming big. The Benin history and traditions is full of lies. Even the press release itself says much of this lies because the coronation planning committee relied on tradition to give permission to people to bury their dead now another set is saying it's a taboo.Who is right and who is wrong? That is one of the signs that it is all a lie just like every other lies of Benin tradition and history. Akiiiikaaa. The Oba of Benin is even below the olu of itsekiri sef

lmao ,u re pained because the dignitaries present were too much to witness oni presence.. oni is tinubus boy and he's not relevant . if you need books, I can provide you . oni is a son and all Yoruba king ain't nothing to oba of Benin. geraraherre

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 7:52am On Oct 30, 2016
onomeasike:

Some people have already done so. And as we write this, the Moslems in Benin have already buried their dead today so carry these your fake threats and lies in the tradition away
no burial ceremony, I wonder if una go school. you can bury but no ceremonies simple... I tire for una o
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Carter4luv(m): 7:52am On Oct 30, 2016
this man is not for the people, its jxt after himself and family to be celebrating frm now till december, wat bout families who has plan to burry their dead bf the new year, so they can start up with fresh mind and celebration for 2017, now the oba has scattered all they av plan for his selfish celebration.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 7:52am On Oct 30, 2016
effty:
Bt one Oba fell from his throne when Idahosa went there. I hear am ni ooo. grin grin
oba name ?? lie lie...
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Rick9(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2016
paradigmshift:

mumu like you. what of China ,Japan n co, India etc. they don't mess with their tradition. guy u mess up...u played yourself

Ignorant follow, those countries you just mentioned are also advancing in Science and Technology. Continue dwelling in the stone age OK.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by MALIK15: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
The Oba must be high on ikoriko weed. Will he pay for the days a corpse will spend in mortuary or embalming? I dare any reasonable Edo indigene to bury their corpse and sue his ass in court. In my area a monarch died and the old cargo chiefs declared a curfew for Oro festival. Ambode warned them not to try that nonsense in his state...but Oshiomhole can't talk because the Oba helped him rigged the election
you need to be careful when you use your tongue, which court will you sue him and which judge in this country is innocent and truthful enough to preside over our Oba, or do you think his throne is compared to that of the ones you mentioned, this installation is powered by the Gods except the person filling the suit does not want to see him first day in court.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2016
Rick9:

Ignorant follow, those countries you just mentioned are also advancing in Science and Technology. Continue dwelling in the stone age OK.
thank God you agreed . is now the job of the oba to advance technology and science ,I tire for you o. whats the president doing ? is Nigeria even trying to elevate ,the big answer is No. if you want science ,travel out because Nigeria go fail you... happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Kayodemichael(m): 8:08am On Oct 30, 2016
Similarly if someone died in IJERO-EKITI during OGUN festival. No burial or celebration until the festival is over.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 8:09am On Oct 30, 2016
paradigmshift:

take ambode to Benin and let him try it. he will die before getting to Lagos. all those small small oba wey be like landlord for all the corner for lagos. if you don't understand what the tradition says, ask question...
Ambode can do it anywhere, including Benin. He is the governor and the oba serves at his pleasure. I was in Edo when milad Onyearugbulem suspended Omo N'Oba, and the heavens did not fall. A tradition is okay as long as it is not harmful. But declaring an Oro curfew possibly in order to kill people is harmful and I was governor you won't think of it in domain. Thank you.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 8:10am On Oct 30, 2016
sabdaz:
We just get here and give comments about things we don't understand. That's on of our problems amongst youths. No research on why, how and all. We just read, we don't even digest before we start typing and posting. 99% of us here don't understand what's going on. I trust the Oyinbos, they will do some research about this
God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by LorDBolton(m): 8:10am On Oct 30, 2016
Elebiju:
Why are you hard on the young man? You're the one who is blinded by sentiments and whatever, there is no provision for the king's consent to perform any burial in the press release.. The only provision is that the ritual dance and coronation ceremonies will continue till December 31st except the king directs it ends earlier.. Benin people are know to be rude and arrogant which is what you've exhibited now on a public forum.
Lols @ the bolded.
If aggressively defending my king & culture makes me rude and arrogant then thank you...that's a great compliment

Only poorly trained people attack other peeps king n tradition & even urge them to mutiny that shows his king or leaders have failed them so much RESPECT is now alien to them

He's lucky it's NL maybe he should stroll to benin & tell a benin man what he typed if he wouldn't be lynched.

...& b4 u attribute it to backwardness pls go to developed nations like thailand n japan, Brunei & other emirates & belittle their king or sultans or emperor & see what happens.

That we are all still in a unified nigeria doesn't give ANY ALIEN the right to insult or belittle the king of a previously powerful & independent kingdom .

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by leghagha: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2016
This is very wrong.If a moslem dies nko?
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by JuanDeDios: 8:13am On Oct 30, 2016
PAGAN9JA:

its not a harnful practice so let it pass.
It is harmful. Find out what the mutuaries charge per day.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2016
onionsoup:
Ooh I miss The Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa

for what do u think he really stop anything he just made statement to Christians and trust most didn't adhere cause even the bible says respect the norms of your land
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 8:22am On Oct 30, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Ambode can do it anywhere, including Benin. He is the governor and the oba serves at his pleasure. I was in Edo when milad Onyearugbulem suspended Omo N'Oba, and the heavens did not fall. A tradition is okay as long as it is not harmful. But declaring an Oro curfew possibly in order to kill people is harmful and I was governor you won't think of it in domain. Thank you.

bros you can lie o.....he suspended the oba with mere words. let me.tell you what happened to him., am sure you were busy farming and you didn't remember. he saw coffins at his office every time, his wife miscarriage and lost his son, swollen stomach and legs after few sittings in court. He brought his family ,mother and father to come and beg the oba but the deed has been done. he was later removed as the administrator of the state .Onyearugbulem died suddenly in a hotel room in Kaduna..let me stop there..

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:23am On Oct 30, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Ah in that case the Oba must pay those rxpenses
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by paradigmshift(m): 8:23am On Oct 30, 2016
leghagha:
This is very wrong.If a moslem dies nko?
u can bury but no ceremony.. people fail to understand

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Sicillian: 8:23am On Oct 30, 2016
JuanDeDios:

if u where in Benin at the time it means u are no longer a kid but still a full to say that. may what happened to Onyeregbulem happen to u and ur family... ise
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by drkells(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2016
Its tradition
post=50612569:
No burial in Benin kingdom till January unless otherwise instructed by the KING.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/10/burial-benin-banned-till-2017.html

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 8:39am On Oct 30, 2016
i dnt blame all this stinky yorubas who der father is a sky diver and a treaker from eastern part of d world to west africa wit leg imagine d lie thats y dey comment rubbish i dnt blame dem i blame d so called nairaland for posting what ever he sees on his blog d day when any chief go here ur matter for benin d rutt dat fell oyeberulem will fall on u
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Sicillian: 8:50am On Oct 30, 2016
Afoniggers

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Sicillian: 8:52am On Oct 30, 2016
gregyboy:
i dnt blame all this stinky yorubas who der father is a sky diver and a treaker from eastern part of d world to west africa wit leg imagine d lie thats y dey comment rubbish i dnt blame dem i blame d so called nairaland for posting what ever he sees on his blog d day when any chief go here ur matter for benin d rutt dat fell oyeberulem will fall on u
lol
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Sicillian: 8:54am On Oct 30, 2016
JuanDeDios:
go and die....

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by mapist(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2016
LorDBolton:

Are you edo? If not pls shut up!

If ya'll have no respect for ur king no wahala.

It's clearly stated there 'the king can give consent'

Classless illiterate with no identity

Please, read that communique again.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by mapist(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2016
ogbonti:
Oghobaghase..... THE KING'S WORD IS FINAL.

All you typing trash here, try knock the above meaning of this popular Benin name into your head...and this is why you will never understand the Benin Kingdom on naira land.

No one needs to understand a BREACH OF HUMAN RIGHTS not to mention how illogical and irrational that so-called press release is.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by mapist(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2016
gregyboy:

Are you a Christian?
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by jideflows(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2016
if we had maintained out culture and tradition, these useless bunch of politicians wont be playing with us.. the traditional way is always the final way.. go do court wedding make u no pay bride price make u see wetin the girl family go use ur eye seee.... constitution and the present way of life is borrowed.. we are african and so we shall be..
nedu2000:
Are religious and traditional laws suppose to supercede a nation's constitution?
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by LorDBolton(m): 9:08am On Oct 30, 2016
mapist:

Please, read that communique again.

I wasn't replying to the communique I was replying to this.

The Oba must be high on ikoriko weed. Will he pay for the days a corpse will spend in mortuary or embalming? I dare any reasonable Edo indigene to bury their corpse and sue his ass in court. In my area a monarch died and the old cargo chiefs declared a curfew for Oro festival. Ambode warned them not to try that nonsense in his state...but Oshiomhole can't talk because the Oba helped him rigged the election

*first he insulted th oba
*then urged edolites to disrespect their king n even SUE him?
*Then gave example of how THEY DISRESPECTED their own king
*b4 accusing the oba of being an accomplice in electoral fraud.

Now tell me why I should be civil with such a person?
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Brio984(m): 9:20am On Oct 30, 2016
GODKID98:
Ermm...Is this not a violation of human right??
Right To Be Buried In Peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) / Picture Of My Uncle And Ogunwusi In Loyola College, Ibadan. / Let's Speak Ijo(ijaw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.