Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin (38742 Views)

The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Colorful Photos From Oba Of Benin Coronation "Oba Ewuare II Of Benin Kingdom" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:19am On Oct 30, 2016
cyrilamx:
I guess when you want to take a wife, you should discard your tradition in the name of civilization? Young man quit lamenting civilization or not, history has a way of repeating itself and element of ancient custom has a way of playing out in modern era. It is the same attitude of relegating customs that is playing out in Christianity. Christian truth is now being subjected to time. Many will tell you dressing modestly is old fashion and can't be conditioned on modern man, prohibitions in the Bible are now being questioned. Like when scripture says a woman must cover her head and not preach at the altar. Today we see flagrant disobedience to these rules. Am not surprised that in the name of modernity man has become rebellious. If you don't cherish your tradition, I do mine. Am proudly Bini man.
thank u bros prodly benin
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by evansjeff(m): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2016
effty:
Bt one Oba fell from his throne when Idahosa went there. I hear am ni ooo. grin grin
say what you know before what you don't know happens to you.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by evansjeff(m): 11:45am On Oct 30, 2016
onomeasike:

Which history? The failed attempt at rewriting history by the late Oba whose son is reading from the same script written by his own late father. Thank God the head of his forebears are still resting in Ile Ife and that's the real history you liars couldn't rewrite grin
Ooni was just laughing at a small king forming big. The Benin history and traditions is full of lies. Even the press release itself says much of this lies because the coronation planning committee relied on tradition to give permission to people to bury their dead now another set is saying it's a taboo.Who is right and who is wrong? That is one of the signs that it is all a lie just like every other lies of Benin tradition and history. Akiiiikaaa. The Oba of Benin is even below the olu of itsekiri sef
the problem with your likes are that your people have no history or probably they were too backward to keep records, why hasn't your traveller Ooni refuted the claims as he did upon his appointment, he has obviously been enlightened.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Sicillian: 11:47am On Oct 30, 2016
onomeasike:

Stop disgracing yourself by calling this Oba 'great ',he is yet to achieve anything!! That's not the training ile Ife gives his princes including the Oba of Benin.
The questions you are dodging are quite obvious. You can not accept the fact that no single Ooni's head has been buried in Benin but from time immemorial, the heads of Benin kings are buried in ile Ife because they are Ife princes.
In Yoruba, the meaning of the word Ooni is more superior than the word Oba so get the education so you will stop acting like ipob youths grin
Did you see the Ooni's opa one of the ooni's palace staff held in front of the Ooni at the coronation of the Oba of Benin? It was right in the face of the Oba of Benin, even when the Oba of Benin was sitting down, that Opa was fully erect,right to his face in his palace. It's a sign the ooni used to tell him that his authority is still standing in the oba of Benin palace. The Oba of Benin know this,he dare not challenge it.
lolzzz... chai all dis psychological demented Afonjas will not kill us with laugh... so finally ur lost fore fathers who doesn't even know where dey cum from told u that their heads are buried in the ooni's palace and wen u eventually die ur head should be buried there also...lollllllll God...
point of correction my oba don't travel from place to place to have handshake with people they cum visiting him at his palace including the us congress u talked about wen some of den visited Nigeria during d reign of d former oba dey visited him... please digest this into ur coconut head dat my oba is not a political tout like ur ooni dat was appointed by Tinubu... u need to see his face wen he was ushered to sit in d third role where d Obi of agbor and co was seated and better dignitaries like emir of sokoto and kano and kings from other African countries where seated at d front role.... kikiki.. e dey pain lollllllllzzzz

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by evansjeff(m): 11:47am On Oct 30, 2016
mapist:

Please, read more about FEDERAL CHARACTER.
and "federal character" told you to disrespect the culture of your place of residence?
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2016
JuanDeDios:

That's the only point I'm making. I have respect for the oba and for any of our traditions that does not harm anyone. If the oba even said you can inter the corpse but no loud music and partying while his own coronation and partying are going, I would just shrug and bother about something else. But it appears they're saying you should do what you like with your dead but don't bury it. This is strange and I'm surprised it's coming from a king who has had so much exposure.

True that.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Cully408(m): 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
What will then happen if a Muslim man/woman die?
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2016
onomeasike:

Hahaha.You just contradicted yourself. It is a son who copies the father. Besides, the heads of past Oba of Benin are buried in Ile Ife because all oba of Benin are ile Ife princes, if you're right, it's the heads of past Oduduwa descendants that should be buried in Benin. Meanwhile, get it clear, it's only the Benin royalty that's fully Yoruba.Even that much has been addressed by the Itshekiri Traditional Council. The word Oba is Yoruba, stop fooling around joor wink

sky divers tell me y pple decide to use obantala to attribute king instead of oduduwa of ife not oba of ife secondly nobody doubt our kings bronze head is not been buried there but y do u ask no that y u are goat lemme tell u in benin oba and his son doest see bcus after izoduwa the benin prince sent is son oromiyan to benin he he came to benin and he impregnated a benin woman b4 d child was delivered he left to ife the child never knew parential care bcus he was been trained by chiefs so in other for the fathers in ife to see is generations in benin after the death of an oba in benin they were told to bring a bronze head of the oba to ife to be buried not to show seniority if it was to it i dnt oba of benin would have been the only burying the bronze head there the rest would have joined him now ask urself what as d ooni ife archieve tha u defend him d british didnt even notice the kingdom at all is it bcus of ur population or the way u pple yr people as slaves to the white abeg reason makw u cum tell me
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by effty(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
evansjeff:
say what you know before what you don't know happens to you.
I am quite sure what will happen to ur Oba... He will fall off when I show.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by kolaish(m): 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
MAYOWAAK:
The Story of three foolish men - Arajamasanwo, Afipagbaowo and Aworanku.

First man – Arajamasanwo (The man who buys stuffs and would not pay)
Second Man – Afipagbaowo (The man who collects his money by force)
Third Man – Aworanku (The man who ensures to see the end of every story)

It so happens that Arajamasanwo bought some wares from Afipagbaowo, and as his habit, he refused to pay.

Afipagbaowo, a man known for always collecting his money at all cost engaged Arajamasanwo in a fight to collect his money.
In the ensuing fracas Afipagbaowo dealt a fatal blow on Arajamasanwo, and Arajamasanwo died.

Afipagbaowo was devastated on the thought that the money owed is forever lost, he vowed to collect his money at all cost even if it has to be in the spirit world, he picked up a knife and killed himself.

All along Aworanku who has been watching the event as it unfolds was saddened. He couldn’t bear the possibility of him not knowing the final outcome of the fracas. He was hell bent on knowing what would happen between Arajamasanwo and Afipagbaowo in the spirit world.
To avoid missing any action, Aworanku quickly picked up a knife and killed himself....

Welcome to Nigeria ....

Political thieves becoming Arajamasanwo
PMB's government becoming Afipagbaowo
The citizens becoming Aworanku
Oga, you dey vex o. where you see this joke? Good one.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by LorDBolton(m): 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
mapist:

Point of correction, those countries mentioned do not have their monarchs infringe on people's rights; besides,since you are aggressively defending your king's wrong doings and tradition, i want to put this up to you; Who owns AKUGBE VENTURES - a money collecting entity at motor parks headed by him which in turn remits to the selfish govt. Atleast, the monarchs named above don't exploit their people and not even the absolute monarch - Queen Elizabeth II who can do no wrong according to the British Constitution does that.

There should be sanity and fairness in every by-law or traditional laws passed because these subjects that these laws inconvenient make the crown what it's worth. CAN A KING RULE HIMSELF AND HIS CHIEFS WITHOUT SUBJECTS?

you're embarrassing yourself and displaying ignorance.

You cannot be in one region in naija nd think you know EVERYTHING going on in other nations.

In some nations it's in their constitution In others it's an unwritten rule...

As for business ventures? Maybe u think the queen of England sits in the palace waiting for. Govt alert? She's never even declared her personal business interests publicly and Only VOLUNTARILY pays tax on them(even the amount is never revealed)

He collects tax & forwards it to govt purse...if that is wrong then I believe you're not really educated... if u consider tax collection 'exploitative'

Lmao...they don't infringe on people's rights? Oga I see no point replying u any further. Bye

Like @ cyrilmax posted 'if you don't respect your tradition, I do mine'

It's not our fault your king's are powerless n subject to 'political enthronement' thus trade their respect for governors support to beat other ASPIRANTS to the throne.

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by ibolomo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
gregyboy:
who have the world oba : after so many research we found out the benin actually have the world.it said that oba means shinny in benin that statement was looked up and we found out in benin they used red in everything they do clothing housing ornament even the ground they admire red as a shinng call before the advent of the white and changed red as danger or warning the world "ba" in benin is red in the old benin language b4 d advent of the white u can make a statement saying ya rie' emwin no' oba ni mwen meaning give me that shinny thing but now in presently the world ba" means danger while imose means beauty but not shinny .now after oromiyan left benin bcus he was afraid to enter d heart of benin to take d throne he came for bcus he life would b astake he left leavin is pregnant wife behind wit anger saying his only d person that grew up here dat can flow nd understand dis pple and he left leaving eweka behind thats y in benin uptill nw d king nd his son never meet till death eweka grew up to meet his uncle ogiemen on throne after battle for d throne eweka couldnt win but later came up wit an agreement eweka den ascended d throne not as ogiso bc,us he saw the ogiso as wicked and strict rulers nd as a new era he change the name ogiso to shiny in form of praise to himself the kingdom later yrs expended the kingdom yrs later yoruba empire admire the name and took and used it to ascribe thier royalty nw they make claims obantala was ruler b4 oduduwa so they took oba out of d "tanla" and ascribed the oba to royalty we believe it was a lie told for selfish intrest if they couldnt take the full name obatanla or add to the name to ascribe royalty or king then is al lie if it was to be believe that is true the word oduduwa would hve been used to ascribed thier King not oba
with all the stuff you just spewed, you have not provided a single shred of empirical evidence to ascertain your claims, there are no historical records to the best of my knowledge that can say for sure where and how the title "Oba" came from so stop trying.
and by the way, what you are spewing is off topic, open a thread if you feel the need to "enlighten" people as to the origin of the Oba title in Benin kingdom
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by ibolomo(m): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
evansjeff:
the problem with your likes are that your people have no history or probably they were too backward to keep records, why hasn't your traveller Ooni refuted the claims as he did upon his appointment, he has obviously been enlightened.
seriously? you can say all you want to extol your king, but please try not to insult other people's ethnic group. and besides, Edo have a very vestigial history, whos name itself is a corruption of another tribe and is mostly shrouded in contradictions. please read up on Yoruba history and culture before you open your mouth to spew what you have no idea about.

Compare and contrast:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edo_people
and by the way, it is obvious that Edo and Yoruba have similar roots and cultures, I might as well say they are brothers, so stop trying to bring up fights amongst their descendants.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by bams2999(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
i respect tradition, i love AFRICA

1 Like

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by evansjeff(m): 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
effty:
I am quite sure what will happen to ur Oba... He will fall off when I show.
i see am empty vessel in you, don't bother quoting me again, because you won't be privileged to get a reply.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by onomeasike: 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
evansjeff:
You are clearly incorrigible. Oooni is not a jobless King to be trading words with a junior King like the Oba of Benin. He wont even get busy with motor park fee collection, fining people for burying their father etc. He has replied the late King(father of the current King) who fabricated this lie before he died,you can look it up on Google. In his wisdom as a King who has openly declared that his reign is to unite every Yoruba kings,he said if the Benin royalty don't want to be identified as Yoruba,they can do so and he wont force them but that doesn't change the history that the Benin royalty is Yoruba. I'm sure you are not from the Benin royalty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by effty(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
evansjeff:
i see am empty vessel in you, don't bother quoting me again, because you won't be privileged to get a reply.
Something u never knew happened to you and that made u strayed. Run along boy.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by onomeasike: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2016
ibolomo:
with all the stuff you just spewed, you have not provided a single shred of empirical evidence to ascertain your claims, there are no historical records to the best of my knowledge that can say for sure where and how the title "Oba" came from so stop trying.
and by the way, what you are spewing is off topic, open a thread if you feel the need to "enlighten" people as to the origin of the Oba title in Benin kingdom
Omo Ibo, you are obviously not a good comedian. Oba is a Yoruba word and when the royal title called in full in Yoruba, you will still not understand because you are Ibo . So ask your Yoruba friends to educate you and stop asking for silly empirical evidence for a word.Since you are still young, let me educate you on the one you can still grasp, In linguistics, you ask for etymology of a word not empirical evidence for a word.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by onomeasike: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
ibolomo:
seriously? you can say all you want to extol your king, but please try not to insult other people's ethnic group. and besides, Edo have a very vestigial history, whos name itself is a corruption of another tribe and is mostly shrouded in contradictions. please read up on Yoruba history and culture before you open your mouth to spew what you have no idea about.

Compare and contrast:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edo_people
and by the way, it is obvious that Edo and Yoruba have similar roots and cultures, I might as well say they are brothers, so stop trying to bring up fights amongst their descendants.
Only a rookie in research will quote Wikipedia. You are a rookie cheesy
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by ibolomo(m): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2016
onomeasike:

Omo Ibo, you are obviously not a good comedian. Oba is a Yoruba word and when the royal title called in full in Yoruba, you will still not understand because you are Ibo . So ask your Yoruba friends to educate you and stop asking for silly empirical evidence for a word.Since you are still young, let me educate you on the one you can still grasp, In linguistics, you ask for etymology of a word not empirical evidence for a word.
I am a Yoruba by the way, and you have still not provided proof for all you said so far, when you do, please enlighten me, and I was talking about the history of "Oranmiyan" and co., not the 'etymology' of the words you used, howbeit haphazardly and incoherently. and by the way, there are many contradictions as to the history and relations of the Yoruba and Edo-Binni people, and we may never get to fully know the whole truth, as all we have now are pieces of a puzzle
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by onomeasike: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
ibolomo:
I am a Yoruba by the way, and you have still not provided proof for all you said so far, when you do, please enlighten me, and I was talking about the history of "Oranmiyan" and co., not the 'etymology' of the words you used, howbeit haphazardly and incoherently.
Ibo-Lomo means I am an Ibo child. Meanwhile, if you are truly Yoruba why don't you ask your father or your uncle first before coming to the public to disgrace your family like the late oba did in his book .He is the creator of this failed attempt at rewriting history, his father and his forefathers have their heads returned to Ife and he knows the significance yet wanted to use unfair means to stop what he met on ground and has been well documented in history.Ask your father or uncle why it was just recently the corrupted version of the Benin history just surfaced? Simply politics .
In one breath you agree you are Oranmiyan's son but don't agree with the significance of agelong practice of returning heads of dead Oba of Benin to ile Ife
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by Epatty(f): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
The Oba must be high on ikoriko weed. Will he pay for the days a corpse will spend in mortuary or embalming? I dare any reasonable Edo indigene to bury their corpse and sue his ass in court. In my area a monarch died and the old cargo chiefs declared a curfew for Oro festival. Ambode warned them not to try that nonsense in his state...but Oshiomhole can't talk because the Oba helped him rigged the election
oya... clap for yourself. You no read wetin happen to those family wey trespass the other time by organising funeral? Everyone has a culture so my guy, which one u belong? Oba ghato kperee!!!
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by ibolomo(m): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
onomeasike:

Ibo-Lomo means I am an Ibo child. Meanwhile, if you are truly Yoruba why don't you ask your father or your uncle first before coming to the public to disgrace your family like the late oba did in his book .He is the creator of this failed attempt at rewriting history, his father and his forefathers have their heads returned to Ife and he knows the significance yet wanted to use unfair means to stop what he met on ground and has been well documented in history. Ask your father or uncle why it was just recently the corrupted version of the Benin history just surfaced? Simply politics .
In one breath you agree you are Oranmiyan's son but don't agree with the significance of agelong practice of returning heads of dead Oba of Benin to ile Ife
I never objected to the returning of heads to Ile-Ife, and the topic of king heads was never brought up, but of the 'etymology' of the term 'Oba' and its use by Yoruba and Benin people. a
nice try with 'analysing' my monicker, IBO are my initials, and if I were Igbo, why would I want my monicker to contain a Yoruba phrase.
my fore fathers would have been in a better position to tell us, but then, they are all dead and decomposed. All I am saying is that whatever shred of evidence left behind have most likely been warped by time and people and we may never know for sure, just leave the etymology of Oba alone and have a nice day, Onome
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by ibolomo(m): 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
onomeasike:

Ibo-Lomo means I am an Ibo child. Meanwhile, if you are truly Yoruba why don't you ask your father or your uncle first before coming to the public to disgrace your family like the late oba did in his book .He is the creator of this failed attempt at rewriting history, his father and his forefathers have their heads returned to Ife and he knows the significance yet wanted to use unfair means to stop what he met on ground and has been well documented in history. Ask your father or uncle why it was just recently the corrupted version of the Benin history just surfaced? Simply politics .
just saw this:
"any cultural people can make all kinds of
INTERNAL CLAIMS that they want, However, they must be
VERY CAREFUL to be sensitive when such claims
cross their own cultural borders and intersect the
history of others, else they degenerate into
claims of superiority or inferiority, which are the
first bus stop to hatred and wars, which we
really cannot afford".
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by sexymalato: 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
Abeg I wan mess, can som1 tell the oba of benin. To come and clean my ass for me?
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by onomeasike: 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
gregyboy:

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.academia.edu/8740590/WHY_YORUBA_NEVER_HAD_AN_EMPIRE_BUT_CIVILIZED_BY_BENIN&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiYwIe25oLQAhXFPRoKHX2GAb8QFggQMAI&sig2=yFlxueXIhdutGS0M4bdiGw&usg=AFQjCNGBZ513DdBPAQSIMqzpf_9BKoVmHA

Seriously, you are a comedian grin. Look up historical reports from credible journals that date back to over 100 years ago. I have the links to them but I will watch your macabre dance of shame. Everything written on the link you sent is a regurgitation of the lie peddled by the late Oba. Go to Ife and see the place where the heads of past oba of Benin are buried because they are Ife princes.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by onomeasike: 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
ibolomo:
I never objected to the returning of heads to Ile-Ife, and the topic of king heads was never brought up, but of the 'etymology' of the term 'Oba' and its use by Yoruba and Benin people. a
nice try with 'analysing' my monicker, IBO are my initials, and if I were Igbo, why would I want my monicker to contain a Yoruba phrase.
my fore fathers would have been in a better position to tell us, but then, they are all dead and decomposed. All I am saying is that whatever shred of evidence left behind have most likely been warped by time and people and we may never know for sure, just leave the etymology of Oba alone and have a nice day, Onome
Thanks. There are historical documents and journals dating back to two hundred years ago that support the Yoruba assertions that obas of Benin are Ife princes. The problem is that you never searched for it. This issue is not new On Nairaland so you can diligently read through, the only new thing is the lie peddled by the late oba of Benin which doesn't have any historical antecedents nor clear evidence.
Nowhere in the world will someone wake up one day, write a book and claim authority over superior historical events that have been documented without providing superior proof. The Yoruba ancestors were wise enough to insist that the heads of oba of Benin are buried in ile Ife if not these liars would have gone away with their attempts at rewriting history.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by evansjeff(m): 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
onomeasike:

You are clearly incorrigible. Oooni is not a jobless King to be trading words with a junior King like the Oba of Benin. He wont even get busy with motor park fee collection, fining people for burying their father etc. He has replied the late King(father of the current King) who fabricated this lie before he died,you can look it up on Google. In his wisdom as a King who has openly declared that his reign is to unite every Yoruba kings,he said if the Benin royalty don't want to be identified as Yoruba,they can do so and he wont force them but that doesn't change the history that the Benin royalty is Yoruba. I'm sure you are not from the Benin royalty.
The Ooni wouldn't dare this Oba of Benin for any reason, unlike his late father, he takes no shi.t and the Ooni knows better. and your Ooni is jobless enough to keep running up and down?, any way don't disturb my mention further, cos I wouldn't reply.
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by onomeasike: 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
ibolomo:
I am a Yoruba by the way, and you have still not provided proof for all you said so far, when you do, please enlighten me, and I was talking about the history of "Oranmiyan" and co., not the 'etymology' of the words you used, howbeit haphazardly and incoherently. and by the way, there are many contradictions as to the history and relations of the Yoruba and Edo-Binni people, and we may never get to fully know the whole truth, as all we have now are pieces of a puzzle
The whole truth is already documented.History has never recorded any dead Oba of Benin challenging their history until now so instead of them getting busy providing concrete evidences to displace the evidences already documented, they are grandstanding. It's whoever alleges that must proof.
All the evidences, from the title of the Benin monarch, the Itsekiri historical account of Benin, the heads of past oba being buried in Ile Ife, the sword that's reportedly sent to ile Ife anytime a new King is enthroned in Benin, the fact that it's only the Benin royalty that's Yoruba and many more make the Yoruba account more credible
Re: No Burial In Benin Kingdom Till January 2017- Oba Of Benin by onomeasike: 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
evansjeff:
The Ooni wouldn't dare this Oba of Benin for any reason, unlike his late father, he takes no shi.t and the Ooni knows better. and your Ooni is jobless enough to keep running up and down?, any way don't disturb my mention further, cos I wouldn't reply.
The current Oba is a learner joor grin
As far as history is concerned, only the Benin royalty is Yoruba. And whether you like it or not, Ooni is regarded as the spiritual head of all Yoruba. He's the only one regarded as one of the 201 gods. It can be liken to saying the ooni is to every Yoruba what the Pope is to the Catholics who believe the Pope succeeds Apostle Peter. He's not only a king, he is the only one that has divine succession to the rank of gods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Khadija Yusra Sanusi Graduates From American University Of France (Photos) / Cute Italian Lady Speaks Pidgin, Taught By Ex Boyfriend (Video) / Cultural Similarities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.