Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga (16941 Views)

Meet Paddy Adenuga, Biography Of Mike Adenuga's Son / Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' / Paddy Adenuga Has A Message For Ladies Sliding Into His DM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by VillageParrot: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
Africa’s foremost businessman and multi-billionaire investor, Dr. Mike Adenuga Jr, was on Saturday conferred with Ghana’s highest civil award, the Companion of the Star of Ghana (CSG), SIGNAL can report.

Ghanaian President, Mr John Dramani Mahama, conferred the award on the Globacom Chairman on Saturday, October 29, at the International Conference Centre, Accra, Ghana.

President Mahama said Dr Adenuga was being honoured in recognition of his “unique and outstanding contribution to business enterprise both in Ghana and the continent of Africa at large.”

“Through your creative business exertions, you have touched many lives in Ghana. You have provided employment for our teeming youth, artists, footballers and many more. I am particularly proud of you. This award is our way of saying a simple Thank You,” the President stated.

The citation on Dr Adenuga commended his “transformational achievements in the telecommunications industry”, chief of which was the laying of the Glo 1 optic fibre cable linking several African countries including Ghana with Europe and America.

President Mahama equally commended Dr Adenuga’s contribution to telecommunications in Ghana since Glo Mobile’s launch and lauded the huge investment in the project.

The President noted that Dr Adenuga’s investment decisions and his persistent and affirmative support for sports have earned him honours all over Africa. He noted that this was one of the strong reasons that recommended Dr Adenuga for Ghana’s highest civilian honour.

Dr Adenuga, in his acceptance remarks, noted that President Mahama’s “recognition and support of my modest contributions to the development of Ghana’s economy have come as a great source of pride and encouragement to me. This is more so as it is coming from Your Excellency, whose sterling qualities of leadership I admire greatly”.

Dr. Adenuga’s Glo Mobile is a leading telecommunication services provider in Ghana. Besides providing direct and indirect employment opportunities to thousands of Ghanaians, Glo Mobile Ghana has, since launch in 2012, been the pacesetter in innovation, excellent service delivery and consumer loyalty reward in the country’s telecom market, particularly in the data segment.

The company's international submarine cable, Glo 1, which landed in Accra in 2009 also opened up a whole vista of unprecedented opportunities for businesses, government institutions and individuals in the country by giving them much better access to more affordable broadband.

Glo Mobile also played a major role in developing Ghanaian football through the sponsorship of the country’s national teams, the domestic football league and the football supporters’ club. The sponsorship lasted for several years.

Back in Nigeria, Dr. Adenuga was in 2012 conferred with the award of Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger (GCON) by the Federal Government. GCON is the highest honour for a civilian who is not in government in the country.

The Federal Government of Nigeria said Dr Adenuga was honoured for his immense contribution to the socio-economic development of Nigeria and the West African sub-region. “He worked very hard to establish Globacom which today provides hundreds of thousands of jobs in Nigeria, Ghana and Benin Republic. His company has also established footprints in Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal and The Gambia,” the then President, Goodluck Jonathan had said.

Read more http://www.signalng.com/breaking-ghanaian-president-confers-ghanas-highest-honour-adenuga/

18 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by NaijaMutant(f): 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
Which one did he reserve for Dangote undecided

17 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by agwom(m): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2016
k
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by veacea: 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2016
Okay
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by youngaz(m): 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
D man is rich sha...cos i knw Glo sponsors d CAF Award..no wonder Nigeria wan host d Event back to back...

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by NeuroBoss(m): 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
My rolemodel

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by Jalive: 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
Waoh that's a big honour.
Hard work with the right business pays

15 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by twilliamx(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2016
K
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by veekid(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2016
Praise the Lord

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by LordGuru1: 7:01am On Oct 30, 2016
Well deserved, Glow on. Thanks for giving us cheapest Data ever; 1k for 3.2GB + 3k worth airtime to call like a Boss.

*Use the tripple ur airtime code b4 loading the credit, then subscribe for data*

Click Like if u r posting with Glo, Click Share for other Network.

117 Likes 12 Shares

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by serverconnect(m): 7:01am On Oct 30, 2016
OKAY
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by SouthWestBlood(m): 7:02am On Oct 30, 2016
Food has landed. Yorubas, the silent achievers. wink

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 30, 2016
Jalive:
Waoh that's a big honour.
Hard work with the right business pays
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by irenmwinfo(m): 7:03am On Oct 30, 2016
hmmmmm, for real
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by lonelydora: 7:04am On Oct 30, 2016
Which will he confer on Dangote?
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by kingphilip(m): 7:05am On Oct 30, 2016
Handwork really pays and this should serve as a source of encouragement to everyone out there who want to start something that seems very little.. Such person should not despise days of little beginning because it might blossom to become something marvelously great that will bring about recognition and achievements

But glo is setting the pace in some aspects like providing cheap data bundles but they really need to work on their network speed for browsing.. It's been slow in some areas these days

God bless Nigeria
God bless Nigerians
God bless Nairalanders

Good morning and have a beautiful Sunday Nairalanders

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by MrPresident1: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2016
Make dem come give me award too for my efforts in trying to liberate the black race from ignorance.

Na black people write Bible. Na our book. Na we write am.
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by RockHard: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2016
Only an Omo kaaro Ojiire fit represent like that. cool

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by sainty2k3(m): 7:06am On Oct 30, 2016
Milking west Africa dry
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by davodyguy: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2016
Nice one
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by QuietHammer(m): 7:07am On Oct 30, 2016
Good. I hardly see his pictures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by Bellsmahfooz(m): 7:07am On Oct 30, 2016
K
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by Hdz4luv: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2016
veekid:
Praise the Lord
hallelujah

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by Fantastic2m(m): 7:08am On Oct 30, 2016
Rightly Deserved..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by davodyguy: 7:09am On Oct 30, 2016
sainty2k3:
Milking west Africa dry

No one stops you from doing the same.

Just that you're not as creative and innovative like Adenuga.

Poor you

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by Burgerlomo: 7:09am On Oct 30, 2016
veekid:
Praise the Lord

Halleluyah

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by davodyguy: 7:09am On Oct 30, 2016
RockHard:
On an omo kaaro Ojiire fit represent like that. cool

Yes oo.

I'm a proud Omo luwa bi

10 Likes

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by sainty2k3(m): 7:10am On Oct 30, 2016
davodyguy:

No one stops you from doing the same.

Just that you're not as creative and innovative like Adenuga.

Poor you

Very poor you. And quick to judge.
I didn't say it was bad. It's a good thing. I'm gonna milk every milkable soon. So chillax

1 Like

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by seunlayi(m): 7:11am On Oct 30, 2016
one of the best entrepreneurs of our time. Although, I m better than him but nobody like ibb,... Etc to fund my ideas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by wristbangle: 7:11am On Oct 30, 2016
Good morning prof Lalasticlala, how do u moderate Nairaland when u are in church service? sad
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 30, 2016
How many them epp?

Nonsense!!!!
Re: BREAKING | Ghanaian President Confers Ghana’s Highest Honour On Adenuga by davodyguy: 7:13am On Oct 30, 2016
sainty2k3:

Very poor you. And quick to judge.
I didn't say it was bad. It's a good thing. I'm gonna milk every milkable soon. So chillax

Good for you, if you're able to find your way to the top.

Just that your post appears sarcastic and we know only children of hate finds nothing good about clean Nigerians, who haven't been found wanting like Patience Jonathan, FFK or Dasuki.

Mike hasn't been investigated for kwaruption grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates To N455/$ As External Reserves Hit $30bn / 3 Pitfalls That Can Destroy The Dreams Of Entrepreneur And How To Overcome Them / BDCs Operations: Revealing Your BVN Is Not A Security Threat – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.