Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist (863 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / As A Christian/muslim, Have You Ever Prayed For Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Mcowubaba: 5:57am On Oct 30, 2016
Religious belief or association is one of the major factors that bring segregation, bigotry in our society.

Coming home to our Country Nigeria, the two dominant religion are Islam and Christianity.
And this two religions teach Love, acceptance, tolerance to an EXTENT.
Now as a Christian/Muslim employee of labour, can you employ an Atheist and give him/her same opportunities and entitlements with other workers who practice similar faith/beliefs.

Like Seun employed Christian moderators..
How liberal and accommodating are Muslims and Christians?
Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Fantastic2m(m): 6:17am On Oct 30, 2016
Let's put it this way..
When u have a vacant key position that have been vacant for few months despite several interviews
I doubt if u see a qualified staff to fill it the position u woukd wanna be concerned with personal stuff as faith.

Zooms off to check resumè
Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by SamJed(m): 6:40am On Oct 30, 2016
Now the question should be, will any atheist indicate atheism in his cv

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Mcowubaba: 7:01am On Oct 30, 2016
SamJed:
Many Atheist in Nigeria don't, because of the stereotype associated with it... But in western countries the do.
Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by lepasharon(f): 7:33am On Oct 30, 2016
SamJed:

Ur not supposed to undecided
Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 30, 2016
Mcowubaba:
Religious belief or association is one of the major factors that bring segregation, bigotry in our society.

Coming home to our Country Nigeria, the two dominant religion are Islam and Christianity.
And this two religions teach Love, acceptance, tolerance to an EXTENT.
Now as a Christian/Muslim employee of labour, can you employ an Atheist and give him/her same opportunities and entitlements with other workers who practice similar faith/beliefs.

Like Seun employed Christian moderators..
How liberal and accommodating are Muslims and Christians?
Christians joined a forum owned by an atheist. undecided Some even moderate. That's how cool Christians are.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Mcowubaba: 7:49am On Oct 30, 2016
Muafrika2:

Christians joined a forum owned by an atheist. undecided Some even moderate. That's how cool Christians are.
Nah.... Not a right answer.
Christians that moderate were employed by an Atheist and are payed, or do you think the are doing charity work undecided
Secondly, most People that join nairaland don't actually even know the owner or the Religion of the founder, until after sometime.
Even at that..
Nairaland forum is a forum that addresses many important information in Nigeria and in the world, I doubt the Religion of the Owner will likely influence the partonage of this website, unless for religious extremist
^^^^^^^^
The above also applies to Facebook, Microsoft, Apple etc which are owned/founded by Atheist and agnostic individuals.
You hardly can't do without them
Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Nah.... Not a right answer.
Christians that moderate were employed by an Atheist and are payed, or do you think the are doing charity work undecided
Secondly, most People that join nairaland don't actually even know the owner or the Religion of the founder, until after sometime.
Even at that..
Nairaland forum is a forum that addresses many important information in Nigeria and in the world, I doubt the Religion of the Owner will likely influence the partonage of this website, unless for religious extremist
^^^^^^^^
The above also applies to Facebook, Microsoft, Apple etc which are owned/founded by Atheist and agnostic individuals.
You hardly can't do without them
I've seen some Christian adverts here. I would say that amounts to employing you know who.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Mcowubaba: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2016
Muafrika2:

I've seen some Christian adverts here. I would say that amounts to employing you know who.
Oga your Arguments are uncanny and illogical.
People advertise where the feel the will reach target audience Simple...
Christians advertising here on Nairaland has absolutely nothing to do with Tolerance or acceptance of Atheism..

Atheist also advertise in Christian owned websites undecided
Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Elthugnificent(m): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2016
The reason might not be actually far_fetch, which is due to stereotype been manifested by believe.

They believe the atheist don't have a moral compass and can steal, lie and engage in all kind of negative vices on the job, since he don't believe in an after life.

But I believe the reason why most believers won't want to have an atheist as a staff is more emotional (hatred) than logical.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 30, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Oga your Arguments are uncanny and illogical.
People advertise where the feel the will reach target audience Simple...
Christians advertising here on Nairaland has absolutely nothing to do with Tolerance or acceptance of Atheism..

Atheist also advertise in Christian owned websites undecided

You are closing your eyes to reason just to insist on an argument that cannot stand. Atheists!

Suit yourself.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by Mcowubaba: 8:40am On Oct 30, 2016
Muafrika2:

You are closing your eyes to reason just to insist on an argument that cannot stand. Atheists!

Suit yourself.

Actually, u're the person making illogical statements....
You said I'm an Atheist grin kul
Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by SamJed(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2016
lepasharon:

Ur not supposed to undecided
why cant u Isnt it what u believe Someone should start it
Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by lepasharon(f): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
SamJed:
why cant u Isnt it what u believe Someone should start it

Where I'm from, religion is not something you indicate on a job application neither is a recruiter supposed to ask for ur religion or even ur age. It is illegal.
Re: As A Christian/muslim Can You Employ An Atheist by MrPresident1: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
lepasharon:

Where I'm from, religion is not something you indicate on a job application neither is a recruiter supposed to ask for ur religion or even ur age. It is illegal.

Where are you from?

(1) (Reply)

Biography Of God / Does Money Ritual Really Exist? / Burdens, Bondages And Yokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.