Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,979 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

OGSIEC: Is This Electoral Body Necessary? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OGSIEC: Is This Electoral Body Necessary? (348 Views)

Is This Electoral Act Too Lenient Or Ineffective? (pictures) / Re: Purported Letter By Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee To Ogsiec / Foundation Calls For New Electoral Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OGSIEC: Is This Electoral Body Necessary? by ItuExchange(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2016
I was surprised when I saw that such a body exists in Ogun State: The Ogun State Independent Electoral Commission, (OGSIEC).

I thought INEC was the only legal electoral body allowed throughout Nigeria, I didn’t know they got rivals at State levels?

What does a body like OGSIEC do? If they conduct elections, then what’s the functions of INEC then?

Or it is Local Governments and/or Local Council Development Areas elections that they conducts? Does that mean INEC doesn’t conduct such elections?

If they and INEC work hand in hand at local or State levels, how? Don’t you think States can manipulate bodies like OGSIEC in elections, since they’re under the States?

Isn’t this another way of creating useless bodies that waste States’ monies?

Do all other States or most other States have something like this?

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: OGSIEC: Is This Electoral Body Necessary? by gaddafe(m): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2016
from this comment it shows you are in your early twenties or you just came to Nigeria. Welcome home. This is the reason why we are unable to conduct local government election in almost all the 36 states in Nigeria. Even those that have been conducted is nothing to write home about in terms of free and fair election. THEY ARE IN EVERY STATE OF NIGERIA AND ARE REFERRED TO AS THE STATE ELECTORAL COMMISSION. Their job is to conduct the local governments elections within the states of the federation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will Nnamdi Kanu Be Someday Celebrated Around The World Like Trump? / Jonathan Administration Awarded Ghost Projects - Presidency / Fayose Sacks 400 Staff Of Ekiti State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.