Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? (19764 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by moshino(m): 12:40am On Oct 31, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Borrow. Nah u wan turn nairaland to university of engrish?

No, just doing the right thing. Be the change you desire, do the right thing no matter how small.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by AntiWailer: 12:46am On Oct 31, 2016
NickUwaifo:
Please I really need professional advice on this matter. My sisters husband borrowed N1m from my dad for a so called business that has failed. First of all we didn't know he had already made my sister borrow 500k from her office union stuff because he told her not to tell us and he will pay.

I think when matters got bad for him in the business he decided to meet my dad and borrowed another N1m from him begging him not to tell his wife (my sister about it).

It is over a year now and he has refused to return the money to my dad who is an old man on pension and when he had no choice but to tell my sister, she became really upset because she is also in dept because of him. He kept saying that he has a trailer he imported and was looking for a buyer so that he can pay back the money but my sister has now confirmed that he doesn't have anything like that.

Please help with your advice on how my dad can recover his money back.

your dad should engage him Man to Man and leave your sister out of it.

He should tell him to come and see him, He should tell him a detailed plan on how he will refund the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Lexusgs430: 12:49am On Oct 31, 2016
moshino:

No, just doing the right thing. Be the change you desire, do the right thing no matter how small.

Nah me get data, device and finger. I fit type anything I like.
If my grammar dey vex u, simply walk on bye bye.....
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Mayflowa(m): 12:51am On Oct 31, 2016
delishpot:
Na so dem go dey borrow from wives and wives family from backyard then dey form naija babes are liability for outside.

Sorry OP, there is nothing more your dad can do except to involve the police. Which would affect your sistersarriage or her relationship with you guys. But as he has no money, even the police would not be able to help you guys.

lol. You nor serious. Na we you dey yab like this?
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by FullDepth1: 12:56am On Oct 31, 2016
Simple thing..
Tell your dad and all, to collect the trailer he imported,

Sell the Trailer for a lesser price, and collect their money. Forget all this story. Life goes on.

Except the trailer is an imaginary trailer (used of the trailer jam show)

Good luck !

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by 19naia(m): 12:59am On Oct 31, 2016
If each family member donates a kidney, things can come to a resolution. Its about the only sure thing in this period of change economics.

The truth is, when you set about to borrow money, decide if it is worth it to sell your kidneys to get such money.

If you decide it is worth it, then sell your kidney and do not borrow money.
If it is not worth it to sell your kidneys, then do not borrow the money which may cause you to sell your kidney by force in the future.

Those of you thinking of selling someone elses kidney -shame on you. There are people who give their kidney for free just to see another person survive another day.

There are people with their two kidneys intact, they hawk goods in the streets or hustle for satisfaction with making a few hundred Naira a day. They are happy to not have debt and to have both their kidneys intact. And some would still give one kidney for free if a loved one was dying for lack of a viable kidney.

Chai! Move to the village and grow agriculture. Just consuming, consuming and consuming in the city while making nothing. Then borrowing money and still making nothing. Ending up with a net worth of 0 with 2m naira subtracted from that zero sef shocked.
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Mzyouzee1(f): 1:38am On Oct 31, 2016
Use him as house boy and driver till the money's value has been paid for in services rendered....other than that! Ur sisters marriage is heading to the rock if not properly handled
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by okechukwu16: 1:41am On Oct 31, 2016
OP how could your dad lent your sister's husband a huge amount like 1m without your sisters knowledge? I smell conspiracy!

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by DRIZZYMOOZE(m): 2:11am On Oct 31, 2016
This is the Best time to invest in MMM... So you can have a financially stable Christmas... Click to join :

http:///?i=mandybest

Or contact:08117735883
For detailed and accurate information and also answers to your questions
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by linearity: 2:15am On Oct 31, 2016
The marriage already have cracks, borrowing from your sister's work, then putting her against her family by saying, she should not tell anyone; then borrowing from your dad with the same two-face fraudulent attitude, then telling lies about some ghost trailers.

You don't need a seer to tell you the obvious. You better be aggressive against him to refund the money or tell your sister to start saving to pay back the union loan, else that will affect her job and might lead to her termination and her husband will careless.

Before, I forget I am compelled to note that, he is in the process of collecting another loan from your uncle, aunts, etc will tell them not to inform anyone, you better start calling them up to take caution.

5 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by 1metre: 2:31am On Oct 31, 2016
This always happen when u marry a yahoo yahoo guy grin grin, op, your dad is a mugu grin
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by OlajumokeBread(f): 2:36am On Oct 31, 2016
Plus234:

He is right

LEND - to give
BORROW - to take

Give to who ?? To yourself ??
To take ?? Taken by who ?? Taken by you
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by OlajumokeBread(f): 2:37am On Oct 31, 2016
moshino:

That's probably the problem. But you can gather all the elders in your village and tell them.

What if i don't have a village ??
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by jephthar(m): 2:54am On Oct 31, 2016
serious prayer and fasting
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by atirolu(m): 3:40am On Oct 31, 2016
Kidnap her sister who is ur wife
Request for 100 million
Ur money will come out
You ll even get more than he's owning
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by bettercreature(m): 4:10am On Oct 31, 2016
cococandy:
It's probably gone
You are very intelligent.The money is gone!they just need to keep praying for him that God should bless him so he can pay them back

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by africanusvu(m): 4:44am On Oct 31, 2016
ABSLUTLY NOTIN,JUST PATIENCE
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Kobicove(m): 5:12am On Oct 31, 2016
There some loans one should never give out...this is just one of such loans.

It's safe to say that you guys can kiss the money good bye sad

If you apply too much pressure to recover the loan you'll end up with a family feud on your hands
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Ebulonse(m): 5:17am On Oct 31, 2016
from similar experience i can categorically tell u that ur in-law may hv gambled d money n lost....n d only way for u to get it back is to borrow him anoda...And hoping he gets lucky dz time..

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by tspunk(m): 5:21am On Oct 31, 2016
he is an unworthy person. So keep asking for the money.
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by ceejay80s(m): 5:26am On Oct 31, 2016
If u know what borrowing money has caused me, I will never ever borrow anybody money. Again, even if the person wan die, some people are just wicked in paying back the money,

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Barigaboy(m): 5:42am On Oct 31, 2016
NickUwaifo:
Please I really need professional advice on this matter. My sisters husband borrowed N1m from my dad for a so called business that has failed. First of all we didn't know he had already made my sister borrow 500k from her office union stuff because he told her not to tell us and he will pay.

I think when matters got bad for him in the business he decided to meet my dad and borrowed another N1m from him begging him not to tell his wife (my sister about it).

It is over a year now and he has refused to return the money to my dad who is an old man on pension and when he had no choice but to tell my sister, she became really upset because she is also in dept because of him. He kept saying that he has a trailer he imported and was looking for a buyer so that he can pay back the money but my sister has now confirmed that he doesn't have anything like that.

Please help with your advice on how my dad can recover his money back.
Family transactions usually fail. U guys can get d money back if u can write a script and act it. The script will be writing and acted by u, your father, sister n any other person that knows about the money. Just tell him u guys borrowed the money from bank n u use your house as a collateral n the bank r already calling and treating u about collecting d land house or land if its to take u to postrate for him n u guys would also act as if u r angry with your sister. In such a way that u will let her no at last that if they can't get d money they would both be arrested. So simple

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by zheroes(m): 5:47am On Oct 31, 2016
eezeribe:
Hire thugs to beat him to pulp and give him deadline
are you a thug? Commandment number 1: never fight over money ever!!! The inlaw was wrong but no need to quarrel either. My candid advice for you guys: take it as lost money, rally round yourselves to pay your elderly father his money, he needs it more than you guuys cos his own life is fast winding down, never lend the inlaw any more money hencsforth no matter the condition. Do not jeopardise the family bond because of N2m !!! It aint worth it. No one knows tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Originalsly: 5:51am On Oct 31, 2016
In certain situations you need to take the bull by the horns. Your BIL is a low life period. Do you really think he borrowed money from your sister and father only? Keeping the matter hush hush is doing him big favour. Call a meeting... his family and yours... all members...and expose him... I can bet my life he has done the same to other family members including his own... and told each of them to keep it a secret. You may be doing your wife a big favour. Consider the marriage over.... let him agree to repay your father each month an amount equal to the pension. However he gets that amount isn't your business.If he doesn't agree or deliver...then your choice... either make it a police matter.... or take it to the streets...get thugs to enforce the agreement...I know what would've been my choice. You have a poisonous snake in the house...what you going to do?..pet it?

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by zheroes(m): 5:55am On Oct 31, 2016
Barigaboy:

Family transactions usually fail. U guys can get d money back if u can write a script and act it. The script will be writing and acted by u, your father, sister n any other person that knows about the money. Just tell him u guys borrowed the money from bank n u use your house as a collateral n the bank r already calling and treating u about collecting d land house or land if its to take u to postrate for him n u guys would also act as if u r angry with your sister. In such a way that u will let her no at last that if they can't get d money they would both be arrested. So simple
what if he fell into the hands of scammers or its a genuinely failed business, whether they prostrate from now till december 25th the money will not come out, before expecting a commitment from anyone you need to know what their income is like, from what I see that guy doesn't really have a business but felt he could take a risk with their money, it went bad and its gone, the best they can do is there will be no second chance. They don't need any drama!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by dikeigbo2(m): 6:02am On Oct 31, 2016
Are you acting together with your father in this? Or you are just an opportunist to make life unbearable to your in law...don't write him off entirely, he must have some positive sides OK ...he is part of your family, assist him to make it....he will payback every gratitude to you guys,thank you
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by devour129: 6:10am On Oct 31, 2016
Trust my dad , if you want to borrow money from him come with your hubby and if it's your hubby that wants to borrow, bring your wife and you guys will sign papers and drop papers too.
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by donodion(m): 6:12am On Oct 31, 2016
Winneygirl:
I suspect that the husband is not working. As in, he doesn't have a steady stream of income. Does he?
Lol hes most probably the ' clearing, forwarding and forwarding agent type' with " my container is on the high sea" braggart.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by masam(m): 6:26am On Oct 31, 2016
Nairaland and opinions... Hahaha. Do u guys know d BIL before to call him gambler,low life life and all that? Their is no business thriving in Nigeria for the past one year a lot of business men are facing various challenges especially importers. So u guys should calm down.

Its unfortunate the wife seem distant to him not to know exactly what is happening to his financial life or business. Asking for your dad money has nothing to breaking any marriage. Your dad should invite him and your sister with u in attendance only for a meeting, ask him for his money then hear him out, from what he say u guys will know d next step to take.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christmas Gift For My Daughters / Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives / Should She Travel To Italy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.