Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 AM

Help! I Don't Have Sound On My Laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! I Don't Have Sound On My Laptop? (1000 Views)

How To Adjust System Sound On Windows 7 / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / Problem With Sound On Toshiba Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Don't Have Sound On My Laptop? by chigonye: 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2009
i just recently formatted my dell inspiron 6400 laptop and i don't even have sound. whenever i play a video or audio i don't hear anything, i was told my sound/audio drivers are missing. Please can someone help me with downloading and installing these drivers,

Thank you.
Re: Help! I Don't Have Sound On My Laptop? by chrisaro7(m): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2009
When u formated ur system PC u lost ur sound driver.

Download the sound driver for ur laptop and install it.
Re: Help! I Don't Have Sound On My Laptop? by deji2009(m): 7:23pm On Oct 27, 2009
When u formated your system PC u lost your sound driver.

Download the sound driver for your laptop and install it.

Fair enough. @ poster can you please check Volume is turned up and not muted. also next time please try and specify if you"re on Vista or XP.

Try gettting to device manager to verify if you have sound drive installed. for infor on getting to device manager try googling it and you"ll see step by

step infor on how to verify that. since we dont know whether is XP or Vista it wont be prefessional of me asking you to downnload drivers. Good luck
Re: Help! I Don't Have Sound On My Laptop? by nsikis: 11:04am On Oct 29, 2009
Maybe you formatted the system without reinstalling the sound driver software.
follow the simple steps to have sound back on your system.
>go to device manager on control panel
>right click on multimedia or sound (this atimes appears as a question mark)
>click on update.

Note: you must insert the Laptop CD into the CD/DVD ROM
www.batterylaptopcomputer..com
Re: Help! I Don't Have Sound On My Laptop? by cheche2(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2009
i can only help u if u can bring the system to my office. send me a mail frank2u@coolgoose.co.uk then i will send u my location.

(1) (Reply)

Opera Is Back On Etibaba / Computer Mouse Inventor, Douglas Engelbart Dies / Id Card Printer With Bulk Ink Feeding System 2 Reduce Cost Of Ink While Printing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.