Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State (14438 Views)

Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen In Benue Turns Bloody (Graphic Photos) / Five Feared Killed As Dino Melaye's Protest Turns Bloody In Kogi / IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by vectoh(m): 8:59am On Oct 31, 2016
all na scam..mimiko is jus bent to make ondo state his own...tell him to accept fate.,the same court gave him the mandate...y is he questioning court nw..he's jus a rogue.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by Siscooh: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2016
dunkem21:
I blame GEJ cheesy
Fear God please And drop his name
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by master224: 9:49am On Oct 31, 2016
IamPatriotic:
Mimiko should continue with the sponsoring of thugs, by the time it gets out of hands and snowballs into into a full-blown crisis, FGN will declare a state of emergency in Ondo State and Mimiko will complete his tenure in prison and jinx of no Governor ever completes two terms in Ondo State will remain unbroken.

Dxx wat happens wen u Talk before u Tink..smh
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by jfem: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2016
In Ondo State Bloody Protest, A School Student Hit By Tear Gas Canister.
The protest in Ondo State, over the weekend, took a bloody dimension as a secondary school student was said to have been hit by the tear gas canister, released by the police in dispersing the rioters in Ondo town, near Ife garage.

This came as opposition political parties in the state, weekend, called for calm and caution over the protests.

The name of the pupil has not been identified as at the time of filling this report. But Vanguard gathered that the student of St Joseph College was on his way to the school on Friday when he was hit by the canister.

Moreso, Akure, the Ondo State capital, was not left out, as rioters...

source / read more: http://newsgistonline.com/ondo-state-protest-turns-bloody-school-student-hit-by-tear-gas-canister/

Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by GeoOla25(m): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2016
siraj1402:
Nuisance set of people. Even Akure where Jegede came from is peaceful. I'm in Akure going to work from ONDO road through oja oba to express and nothing happen.
Meanwhile Oke is just too OK for Ondo.
Don't ask me why, I will tell u later.
your comment lacks wisdom. mumu
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by july66: 9:58am On Oct 31, 2016
exlinkleads:
The protest in Ondo town over the substitution of the Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate has turned bloody with the death of a secondary school student who was reportedly hit by the tear gas canister, released by the police in dispersing the rioters in Ondo town. While the identity of the student remains unknown, the protest also continued in Akure, the Ondo state capital as rioters again trooped to the streets, protesting the decision of INEC. INEC had replaced Eyitayo Jegede’s name with Jimoh Ibrahim as it obeyed a ruling by Justice Okon Abang of an Abuja Federal High Court.

Meanwhile, the traditional ruler of Akure, The Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi, has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to intervene in the Ondo PDP crisis arising from substitution of Eyitayo Jegede with Jimoh Ibrahim as governorship candidate by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) according to court orders. Aladetoyinbo made the appeal while addressing aggrieved PDP members and the supporters, who again came out in their thousands at his Palace, in Akure.

He also enjoined INEC to be not be partisan. “The judiciary should also intervene and make sure that all parties get justice because we don’t want any injustice in Ondo State,” he said. Speaking on behalf of the protesters, PDP Chairman in the state, Engr Clement Faboyede, called on the president to prevail on INEC to look into the issue. “We don’t want Ondo State to be on fire because our state is peaceful. Some cabals in All Progressive Congress (APC) are using Jimoh Ibrahim against the candidacy of Jegede, Jimoh is not a PDP member but rather a card carrying member of Accord party,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Social Democratic Party (SDP) called on security agents in the state to be more pro-active in combating criminal activities as the governorship election draws near. In a statement by the state Publicity Secretary, Mr Remi Olayiwola, the party said that the protest that trailed the removal of Jegede’s name and its replacement with Jimoh Ibrahim had to do with the flag bearer of only one out of the 28 participating political parties in the election.

The SDP said: “The other day, it was the APC disturbing the people of the state, today, it is the PDP. These are political parties in government at various levels in the country. So, if there’s any violence during the forth coming governorship election, the two parties must be held responsible.” Also, the Alliance for Democracy (AD) condemned the acts of brigandage and blocking of roads by protesters were organized by government.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/10/ondo-election-turns-bloody-one-dead-as.html

INEC is compromised. They are using double standard. In Ondo state, they supervised the primary that brought Jegede. The one that brought Ibrahim took place in Ibadan & there was no INEC official there. They claim they are following court order but should a court order them to announce the name of a candidate whose primary they did not attend? These are issues that needs to be looked into. Lastly the nairaland forum should be a place where people make their personal opinion known irrespective of their political affiliation or thought. Truth is that some people are so intolerant of contrary views that they result to insulting others. People should be entitled to their personal opinions & issues should never degenerate to insults. You do not know who you are insulting, he could well be your father because all manner of people irrespective of age or status are nairalanders.
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by orunto27: 10:03am On Oct 31, 2016
APC is a Terrorist Party. Its Terrorism in Ondo and Ekiti States is worse than Bokoharam in the NE. INEC too is a Terrorist Setup in those two States.
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by paradigmshift(m): 10:30am On Oct 31, 2016
dunkem21:
I blame GEJ cheesy

another escapee
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 31, 2016
dunkem21:
I blame GEJ cheesy
where did you keep your head
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by siraj1402(m): 10:52am On Oct 31, 2016
GeoOla25:

your comment lacks wisdom. mumu
Tell your father that. Must you quote me? Ma your father be mumu.
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by Worthie(m): 11:21am On Oct 31, 2016
Make una kill unaselves finish on top person wey no sabi u
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by exlinkleads(f): 11:21am On Oct 31, 2016
july66:
INEC is compromised. They are using double standard. In Ondo state, they supervised the primary that brought Jegede. The one that brought Ibrahim took place in Ibadan & there was no INEC official there. They claim they are following court order but should a court order them to announce the name of a candidate whose primary they did not attend? These are issues that needs to be looked into. Lastly the nairaland forum should be a place where people make there personal opinion known irrespective of there political affiliation or thought. Truth is that some people are so intolerant of contrary views that they result to insulting others. People should be entitled to their personal opinions & issues should never degenerate to insults. You do not know who you are insulting, he could well be your father because all manner of people irrespective of age or status are nairalanders.

What you are saying is the truth and come on, this is Nigeria. You don't even need to say anything and yet people will insult you for being too quiet or keeping quiet. Especially our people from the West (Yoruba people). I don't mean to antagonize anybody but you what am saying is the truth.

They are so accustomed to insult that it comes to them as saying "how are you" ...lol.

Lastly, INEC is a failure and since Jega left that seat, they can only do the bidding of Buhari and APC as the ruling party. I haven't dreamt of a day their will be free and fair election in this country. Maybe it will come someday, i don't know but have never dreamt of it.
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by Kingbuhari(m): 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
Afonjas is about to devour themselves... I'm watching live with my 3D... political crisis has no boundaries...
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by Martinola(m): 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
eaglechild:
APC is violent and clueless.
APC? wetin concern dem 4 diz mata?
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by awayeyebundle: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
Jimoh Ibrahim is authentic PDP flagbearer either central like it or not...idiot set of central people fighting selfishness....UP JIMOH IBRAHIM UP PDP.....Victory to PDP...Senseless Mimiko reconcile and forget about spilled milk that cannot recovered...Na only central dey ONDO state for governor abi...selfish central...PDP WINNING THE ELECTION
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by awayeyebundle: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
When did Jegede joined PDP 2014 when Mimiko his godfather returned From Labour Party to PDP is it not when he joined PDP...before that time remember Jimoh Ibrahim as been in the party during when former President Jonathan as president so who is talking shit out of his mouth.....abeg park well Jimoh Ibrahim is authentic PDP...he shall win the election
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by Ondo2016(m): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
siraj1402:
Nuisance set of people. Even Akure where Jegede came from is peaceful. I'm in Akure going to work from ONDO road through oja oba to express and nothing happen.
Meanwhile Oke is just too OK for Ondo.
Don't ask me why, I will tell u later.

If he's TOO OK den he can leave d state
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by dunkem21(m): 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
Oma307:

where did you keep your head

O sorry .. another thread actually.
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by olawalepopoola: 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
Ask yourself why is the protest only in Ondo Central, Akure and Ondo town to be precise. Are these the only people going to votes. Must ONDO central always have their ways! To me JEGEDE is not popular, Mimiko want to enthrone him by force. If he was popular, protest will occur in all 18 LGAs. Make INEC try am for Olusola Oke and you go now say militants still de Ondo State

1 Like

Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by dunkem21(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=Jirate post=50643737][/quote]

Its a mix up bro.
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by GeoOla25(m): 9:36am On Nov 02, 2016
siraj1402:
Tell your father that. Must you quote me? Ma your father be mumu.
you need a space at the psychiatric.
Re: Ondo Election: One Dead As Protest Turns Bloody In Ondo State by siraj1402(m): 9:42am On Nov 02, 2016
GeoOla25:

I need a space at the psychiatric.
Better since you just have money to buy mb.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Still Buy Fuel For ₦670 In Benin. How Much Do You Buy Fuel? / APC Has Been Registered - Bisi Akande / PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.