Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff (14423 Views)

Imo APC Crisis: "I Am In Charge" - Okorocha Regains Ground (VIDEO) / PDP Crisis: I Remain Authentic Chairman, Makarfi Is ‘counterfeit’ – Sheriff / PDP Needs Surgery, Says Sheriff-led Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
The National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji All Modu Sheriff has ruled out stepping down as one of the options in the search for political solution to the party’s leadership crisis.

Key stakeholders in the party have been harping on a vague concept of “political solution” without being explicit on details of the concept.

Sheriff was reacting to a media report indicating that former President Goodluck Jonathan had asked him and the rival Caretaker Committee chairman, Senator Ahmed Makarfi to step down and allow the party’s governors to nominate another chairman.

In a statement Thursday signed on his behalf by his appointed party spokesman, Mr. Bernard Mikko, Sheriff said the issue of resignation did not come up during his meeting with former President Goodluck Jonathan last week.

The statement said, “The general public, PDP members and the media are hereby informed that the issue of the National Chairman’s resignation as the political solution has never been discussed nor was it put up for discussion with the former President and other stakeholders.

“The general public, PDP members nationwide and the media are hereby informed that shortly before the Court of Appeal judgement of 17th February, 2017; all parties and stakeholders agreed that on the receipt of the Court of Appeal judgement, whichever way it goes; members will be prevailed upon and urged to support the judgement and orders of the Court of Appeal and rally round the successful party to conduct; as soon as possible a national unity convention for the election of officers; the modalities of which shall be worked out by all stakeholders of the party.

“As law abiding citizen and advocate of the rule of law, the National Chairman, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff hereby calls on all stakeholders including but not limited to PDP governors; national and state assembly members; Board of Trustee members to make themselves available and give their input on how we can; as quickly as possible conduct a national unity convention where our national officers will be elected. The National Chairman has promised and undertaken not to contest”.

Efforts by our correspondent to get the reaction of the Makarfi camp did not yield results. Repeated telephone calls and SMS messages to the spokesman of the Caretaker Committee, Prince Dayo Adeyeye were left unanswered.

Also Thursday, another reconciliation committee of the party, headed by Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State, met with some party leaders and some PDP National Assembly members in Abuja.

A statement signed by Dickson after the meeting also harped on the need to find a political solution to the crisis, describing it as the best option.

The Dickson committee endorsed the resolution reached by Jonathan and the governors, “without prejudice to the ongoing judicial processes”.
The statement said, “As part of this process, it is imperative that an early convention within the second quarter of 2017 should be held in Abuja, which therefore should be all inclusive and where new national officials of the party will be freely, fairly and transparently elected.

“In furtherance of this, the reconciliation committee shall embark on extensive consultations with all stakeholders with a view to building confidence and necessary consensus toward the unity convention”.
“The committee, however, appeals to all party leaders and members of PDP to exercise restraint and focus on the loyalty to and the overall interest of the party”.
Meanwhile, Sheriff Thursday announced Dr. Ahmed Gulak, a former Political Adviser to former President Jonathan as his Chief of Staff, with the appointment taking immediate effect

http://thenationonlineng.net/pdp-crisis-wont-step-says-sheriff/

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ali Modu Sherrif has links with Bokoharam and he's the PDP chairman. which makes the PDP bokoharam party

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by cobadit(m): 9:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Step up then....

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
always be very careful the kind of visitors you invite to your home, those that supported him initially made a very big mistake,may be the biggest of their political careers . This malu was sent to bury the remains of PDP. He is a talented destroyer.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Donshegxy10(m): 10:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
pdp dead and waiting to be buried.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Nempi(m): 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:
Ali Modu Sherrif has links with Bokoharam and he's the PDP chairman. which makes the PDP bokoharam party
Ewu awusa

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Fmartin(m): 10:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Sheriff Was On His Own When Wike And Fayose Went and Call Him To Come Nd B Their Chairman.
They Were Looking Fr A Strng Notherner Who Cn pull crowd .

#istandwithsheriff

20 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by yarimo(m): 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
SHERIF you have spoken, lobatan

6 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by babyfaceafrica: 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Mopolchi: 11:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
grin grin grin PDP has suffered greatly in this man's hand. A strong s**t that wounds the anus.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
That's my irremovable chairman

In Dino Melaye voice

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by rusher14: 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
My shair!!

As I said before Sheriff is no pushover.

Epistle writers over to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by akpumping7720(m): 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
since d day ebora of owu left PDP, the party has never been d same again. anyway, 20 adults cannot play for 20 years!!!!

5 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by assana: 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
oga sherif if u dont wanna step down then step aside and let us hear word for you. waris all dis nah

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by chronique(m): 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
If he won't step down, let them abandon the party for him. The governors control the states. Let them g ahead with the APDP plan and leave Sheriff to the carcass of PDP. Bloody Boko Haram idiotic thing. I don't know who he thinks is interested in being led by him. If only he knows how battered his image is.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Alasi20(m): 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
Then R. I. P

R = Remain

I = In

P = Power

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by martineverest(m): 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
i am with u daddy SHERIFFA

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Mboi2: 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
How can he step down when the agreement btw him and APC is still on, of course I know he won't agree to step down. He is being used to destroy PDP.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by shamecurls(m): 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2017

grin grin grin

Sheriff is a Northern Mafia!

Wike, Fayose and GEJ combined can not stop him!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by martineverest(m): 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Alasi20:
Then R. I. P

R = Remain

I = In

P = Power
Remain In Pdp

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by lastmaster(m): 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
The gorilla himself
Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Alasi20(m): 11:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
martineverest:
Remain In Pdp

✔✔✔✔
Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by IMASTEX: 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
Why should you, when it is a birth right. All that matters is getting power with no regards to competence or plans after gotten the power.
Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by Cekpo34(m): 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:

I'm sure your dental formula is just like Sheriff's own grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by chiedu7: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
PDP PLEASE NOTE THAT Alhaji All Modu Sheriff IS WORKING FOR APC

REMEMBER ONDO STATE HOW HE TIED UP THE GOVERNOR?
Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by greggng: 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2017
xstry:

Boko haram is pdp and pdp is Boko haram. Just reminding us about one general that said this and he died in helicopter crash

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by oyeb15: 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
I like this man. PDP will be strong if they all accept this man. Some governors have presidential ambitions & they need a chairman they can twist as they like. Sheriff is d type of leader they have been praying for. Now that they get a strong chairman, their personal interest won't allow them accept him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by nobilie: 12:03am On Mar 03, 2017
I am not surprised. I don't know why I remember bokoharam anytime I see his name. God will catch you.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by guiddoti: 12:06am On Mar 03, 2017
Mopolchi:
grin grin grin PDP has suffered greatly in this man's hand. A strong s**t that wounds the anus.
hahaha pile on anus-nimous. Seriously painful for umbrella when no rain is falling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by pat077: 12:12am On Mar 03, 2017
This guy is a mole in the pdp
Re: PDP Crisis: I Won’t Step Down, Says Sheriff by jamislaw(m): 12:36am On Mar 03, 2017
PDP don enta one chance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Dogara Emerges PDP Candidate In Bogoro/dass/tafawa-balewa Constituency / Labour Party’s Deputy Guber Candidate, Others Defect To APC In Zamfara (Photos) / Crude Oil Exports: Malami Allegedly Paid $200m As Whistleblower Fees — Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.