Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members (18143 Views)

Buhari Appoints Board Members For Privatised Company / Buhari Appoints 3 Dead Men As Board Members: Francis Okpozo, Christopher Utov / 2017 Budget: Buhari To Receive N188m As 'sitting Allowance' This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by docadams: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
Hmmmmmmm

N250,000/sitting, 4 sittings in one day=1milla.
Evil geniuses.
Why can't we just adopt the Chinese criminal justice act or whatever name it's called?
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by sakalisis(m): 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by trumpclinton247: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
In a country where the leaders of tomorrow are running tribal and religious wars while these old hags rob us... May our children never mock us for standing and watch it happened... till youths come to their sense and resist in unity... #it be a continuous tense ....Lots of dreams and destinies crushed in this generation because the government that suppose to protect rob us... when will alacrity end?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
These self-serving criminals deserves jungle justice!
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Abugab(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
God, save Nigeria from Nigerians.
God, save us from us.

1million per day for sitting talking trash and eating heavily.
Sadly, this is most graduates per annum.
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by trumpclinton247: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
military and colonial regime is far more better than this nonsense democracy of thieves we are practicing... mtcheweeewww...some people needed to beheaded without even trial self.... I trust Asian countries

2 Likes

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Dee60: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
What kind on nonsense sitting is this? Haba!

Politicians milking Nigeria dry since 1960.
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by 4nobody4every1: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
Keneking:
It is to share the sovereign wealth...useless politicians grin
This is why Buhari has a whip to flog all thieves, looters, criminals both in APC & PDP, they have all milked the golden cow called Nigeria to zero level, meanwhile, where is my Buhari cane to flog these thieves collecting 1million Naira sitting allowance cool

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by ginggerxy: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
simpleseyi:
These SWA corporate thieves are worse than the corrupt Supreme Court Justices who have been collecting bribe to give false judgement. How can they say that they sat four times in one day and hence got paid 250K multiply by four. Are they footballers? The SWA corporate thieves should be handed over to Nigerians. Let us judge them ourselves because if you give them to Judges, they will bribe the Judges as they have always done. Let Nigerians give them justice with our own hand.
jungle justice abi? They sure deserve dat
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by wellmax(m): 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
adekayo1234:
pot calling kettle black..... Bunch of retarde..d old slowpokes

But that does not justify the action of the SWA people.
If you read carefully, they sat FOUR times on a certain day, getting one million naira each. What does that tell you, they are trying to cover up some criminal acts.
I hate the Nigerian Police, but that won't make me condemn them when they arrest another criminal.
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by cuteralph101(m): 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
infohenry:
Greed everywhere, not only that they gave themslves outrageous amount of 250000 naira per sitting but also sat four times in one day to make 1m per day meeting.
some pipu sha where u there?
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Lustig(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2016
Who dey query una for sitting nd doing nothing yet collecting allowance upon allowance? una wey dey sleep for house yet collect allowance nko
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by olayinkafuny80(m): 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
zakim:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/reps-query-n250000-per-sitting-allowance-swa-board-members/
250,000 me,oloriburuku Mani awon ara ubi yii ke !!!egbami won tuba Nigeria jetan oooo
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by OYAY(m): 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
In as much as those board members are bunch of greedy lots for scooping this much from our scarce resources it is morally deficient for the selfish legislators to spank them! Shikena
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Walelavender(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
I do not think it is excessive what is important is how the people were selected and what they bring to the table. If they are technocrats and can contribute to the growth of the fund then yes but if it is the usual sinecures for the boys they it is a problem. If people are sitting on the boar of a billion dollar fund they must be well paid but also competent and yes thoroughly scrutinized
Are you kidding me? 250k isn't excessive? There are many intelligent resource persons who will do this for free in this austere times.
Corruption is systemic and institutionalized.
We ain't going no where with these wastages.
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Bgorgeous: 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
How much is their own sitting allowance where dey sit to legislate nonsense

1 Like

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by KunkeAkinola(m): 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
This is really painful. Look at the ways these old folks have squandered our future and now they are squandering that of our children. May the Almighty God punish all those who take what is for the masses to themselves.
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Walelavender(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
Wow! 250k for a single sitting? Yet we want to cut wastages? This is appalling. I don't see democracy as a means to get us out of the woods.
This will continue!
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by mengho(m): 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2016
well I think 1500 per day in respective of the number of sittings is fair considering they are already being paid monthly salaries

1 Like

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by timeboss: 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
I do not think it is excessive what is important is how the people were selected and what they bring to the table. If they are technocrats and can contribute to the growth of the fund then yes but if it is the usual sinecures for the boys they it is a problem. If people are sitting on the boar of a billion dollar fund they must be well paid but also competent and yes thoroughly scrutinized
4x in 1day?. Imagine a week... month...?? . You can do better.
Kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by omonnakoda: 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
timeboss:
4x in 1day?. Imagine a week... month...?? . You can do better.
Kiss the truth!
The issue is not whether it is 10 x in one day but whether they offer value.So does that kind of thing happen in the corporate world YES or NO. My response is a general one and not specific to the Nigeria Sovereign Wealth Fund. 1 million Naira a day x say 30 board members is $100 000 . and maybe they seat 10 X a year I don't know but one hears much bigger figures in the corporate world. It is for shareholders to determine what is in their best interests

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-30/board-director-pay-hits-record-251-000-for-250-hours
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by NairaMaster1(m): 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
And these buffons are working for saint buhari. But the executive is not currupt, in multiple of 4 sittings per day?
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by lukency(m): 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
mumu pple?
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by timeboss: 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
The issue is not whether it is 10 x in one day but whether they offer value.So does that kind of thing happen in the corporate world YES or NO. My response is a general one and not specific to the Nigeria Sovereign Wealth Fund. 1 million Naira a day x say 30 board members is $100 000 . and maybe they seat 10 X a year I don't know but one hears much bigger figures in the corporate world. It is for shareholders to determine what is in their best interests

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-30/board-director-pay-hits-record-251-000-for-250-hours
what are you trying say?. ffs we talking public institution, you talking corporate. That defeat the logic of your argument & undermine the purpose of discussion. I do not see anywhere in the article the companies are financed by public funds(tax payers). It is absolutely irrational to rationalize such a fraud against the public, they couldn't even provide vouchers to verify validity!

Mind you , they sat 4x a day, who wouldn't?. They'd be thrilled to sit 150x/month. How much do their bosses(president/VP) get sitting over NEC. Moreover, almost all the directors are business owners/ investors.
Let's talk if you could show me where public sector equivalent earn such astronomical.
Kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by omonnakoda: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
timeboss:
what are you trying say?. ffs we talking public institution, you talking corporate. That defeat the logic of your argument & undermine the purpose of discussion. I do not see anywhere in the article the companies are financed by public funds(tax payers). It is absolutely irrational to rationalize such a fraud against the public, they couldn't even provide vouchers to verify validity!

Mind you , they sat 4x a day, who wouldn't?. They'd be thrilled to sit 150x/month. How much do their bosses(president/VP) get sitting over NEC. Moreover, almost all the directors are business owners/ investors.
Let's talk if you could show me where public sector equivalent earn such astronomical.
Kiss the truth!
Sovereign Wealth Fund is a Public institution? why not enlighten yourself before you start talking. There are many such funds around the world
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Elhabeeb1(m): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
250k would have been ok if they meet once a month or on quarterly basis. But sitting four times in a day, oboy that's a new one. grin

1 Like

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by TariEnoch(m): 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
Its better to try and fail rather not to try.
Its Not News That We Are In A
Challenging Time In Nigeria But
Few people Are Still Smiling To The
Bank.you too can do thesame.Am giving out three sure draws this weekend that won't fail you.i don't need your money.I will post the games in my newly registerd facebook page/group.You wil only see the games there.Tarism pools.
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by timeboss: 6:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
Sovereign Wealth Fund is a Public institution? why not enlighten yourself before you start talking. There are many such funds around the world
You must be kidding right??. The SWA in question, is a state owned, management/board are appointed by FG for the purpose of managing public liquidity. Would the legislature have intervened in reviewing the cash payment of a privately owned company? what's their fiicking biz in that?. Pls, don't make me lose it on you.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by damoneymag(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
Dinobi77:
Unbelievable!!!! How can this be true, so if they sit 4x a week @ 1m, x 5 days in a week @ 20m x 4weeks, they go home with about 80mil naira a month? O di egwu.
Bros that calculation is very wrong. If they collect 1m per day, it would culminate to 5m per week(1m x 5 working days) and 20m per month( 5m x 4weeks in a month) and nt 80m
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by omonnakoda: 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2016
timeboss:
You must be kidding right??. The SWA in question, is a state owned, management/board are appointed by FG for the purpose of managing public liquidity. Would the legislature have intervened in reviewing the cash payment of a privately owned company? what's their fiicking biz in that?. Pls, don't make me lose it on you.
Kiss the truth!
State owned does not mean it is a public institution. The German Government is a majority shareholder in several companies DHL for example.
Sovereign wealth Funds are run to make money and their governance structure is very distinct from that of public institutions. They ARE NOT public Institutions.
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by timeboss: 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
State owned does not mean it is a public institution. The German Government is a majority shareholder in several companies DHL for example.
Sovereign wealth Funds are run to make money and their governance structure is very distinct from that of public instiKtutions. They ARE NOT public Institutions.
Now you're making me worried about you. We're talking about SWAuthority/board owned,
managed & financed by the FG. No need to reference abroad, we have large number of fund managers here running privately but this is FG's. You may want to tell me which other private investors has equity shares in the FG's SWF. I'll leave you to recover, you really need to.
Kiss the truth!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'll Rather Live A Free Man In Oduduwa Republic Than A Slave In Nigeria - FFK / Oyo Government Installs CCTV Cameras, Street Lights At Black Spots / Wike Approves ₦1 Billion To Support Rivers Flood Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.