Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members (18149 Views)

Buhari Appoints Board Members For Privatised Company / Buhari Appoints 3 Dead Men As Board Members: Francis Okpozo, Christopher Utov / 2017 Budget: Buhari To Receive N188m As 'sitting Allowance' This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Josmila(m): 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
Classic case of pot calling kettle black without any shame. 250k per sitting is competition for them. A NASS whose yearly budget isn't made public has no moral standing to question the sitting allowance of SWA whoever inappropriate.

They've come to equity with their hands soiled
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by omonnakoda: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
timeboss:
Now you're making me worried about you. We're talking about SWAuthority/board owned,
managed & financed by the FG. No need to reference abroad, we have large number of fund managers here running privately but this is FG's. You may want to tell me which other private investors has equity shares in the FG's SWF. I'll leave you to recover, you really need to.
Kiss the truth!
Worried about me? Shows you have run out of ideas, so make it about me?

No need to broaden the discussion. Is the Nigerian Sovereign Wealth Fund a public institution? Yes or No? That is all there is to my contribution . Private institutions owning or not owning shares is not what makes a body a public institution. The Fund was set up by a very specific law in 2012 the NSIA with JP Morgan as Custodian. Rather than huff and puff educate yourself.
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by timeboss: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
Worried about me? Shows you have run out of ideas, so make it about me?

No need to broaden the discussion. Is the Nigerian Sovereign Wealth Fund a public institution? Yes or No? That is all there is to my contribution . Private institutions owning or not owning shares is not what makes a body a public institution. The Fund was set up by a very specific law in 2012 the NSIA with JP Morgan as Custodian. Rather than huff and puff educate yourself.
omo, why are you doing this to yourself bro?. Forget JP Morgan or whatever, anyone could be appointed to manage our reserves ffs. Established by an act of Parliament; can a private institution be established thus?. You be we-we, I for don lash some one from the other side. SWF is a public institution cos it was established by public law , managed & financed by public funds, subsequently subject to public scrutiny, supervision & review. It could also be dissolved by an act establishing it. Sleep on it.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by omonnakoda: 7:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
timeboss:
omo, why are you doing this to yourself bro?. Forget JP Morgan or whatever, anyone could be appointed to manage our reserves ffs. Established by an act of Parliament; can a private institution be established thus?. You be we-we, I for don lash some one from the other side. SWF is a public institution cos it was established by public law , managed & financed by public funds, subsequently subject to public scrutiny, supervision & review. It could also be dissolved by an act establishing it. Sleep on it.
Kiss the truth!
You are being sentimental Let us not confuse what should be with what is. It is a fund not an institution. In order to be effective these funds need to operate an arm's length relationship with government and this is indeed a requirement for operation in several jurisdictions because of antitrust and related issues. I provided you with the JP Morgan detail (for information). What makes a SWF is the specific legislation that sets it up not the moral high ground . Germany and France in particular are two western countries where the government has significant holding in many banks and companies often majority but those businesses are not public institutions because that would cause them to run foul of EU rules ,US rules and so on. e,g in bidding for government contracts and several other scenarios.
In theory these funds are there to make money and if there are any C Ronaldos or Messis of making money they should hire them that is my view. I respect you if you disagree with me and have no need to lash out for that just argue your case.
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Fourwinds: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
thieves everywhere...how can corrupt judges try these type of people

Nigeria civil servant are dead corrupt to bone marrow

1 Like

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Cityguy: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
This is insanely nauseating! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! And graduates are being called upon to enroll as bus conductors in a land so rich and wasteful? You mean someone sits for few hours and gets 250k? For sitting and possibly dozing or simply exchanging pleasantries? Oluwa ooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by DonMekino(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
please wat is their job I can do it well well for N250000 per month abeg....see me see wahala ooo
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by sochimic: 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
terrible
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by omonnakoda: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
DonMekino:
please wat is their job I can do it well well for N250000 per month abeg....see me see wahala ooo
There is a place called a board room ,it is like a shrine and it has several seats.Their job is to go in there and sit on seats from time to time
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Excuzeme: 3:23am On Nov 01, 2016
zakim:
Responding to the query, the Managing Director of SWA, Mr Uche Ubosi, said: “ It is the standard practice of sovereign wealth authorities world wide to pay sitting allowances to board members.’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/reps-query-n250000-per-sitting-allowance-swa-board-members/

Imagine?

This is how CORRUPTION has so much infested our polity, that criminals like this Uche Obosi call it STANDARD PRACTICE!

I hope EFCC is not sleeping, if they like, let them call it witch-hunting.
undecided
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by smartleo(m): 4:48am On Nov 01, 2016
infohenry:
Greed everywhere, not only that they gave themslves outrageous amount of 250000 naira per sitting but also sat four times in one day to make 1m per day meeting.

Bad people
Re: Reps Query N250,000 Per Sitting Allowance Of SWA Board Members by Justiceleague1: 7:44am On Nov 01, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

I already know!
afonja,keep looking for rats and cockroaches of igbo

a lot zombies and hate,tufia!

Op,They,zombies are quick to condemn and highlight names but u dont see their hypocritical heads when a niger deltan rep speaks about universal percentage in terms of derivation for petroleum resources..zombies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Presidential Election: Facebook Closes Pro-Buhari Accounts / Tribunal Dismisses Petition Against Tinubu After APP Withdraws / Crisis In Gbajabiamila’s Camp Over Letter To Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.