Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,601 members, 7,851,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:40 PM

Celebrities Versus Endorsements Fever - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities Versus Endorsements Fever (379 Views)

Profile Of Tinuola Ogunyale: Her Endorsements And Rise In The Movie Industry / Ycee Rants After He Was Unable To Secure Any Endorsements. / Swanky Jerry Bags MTN Endorsements Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Celebrities Versus Endorsements Fever by OlaitanGanew19(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2016
Entertainers versus endorsement fever
By Olaitan Ganiu
Brands endorsement deal obviously seems to be one of the money game trend celebrities make a buck as the era of album sales, mouthwatering record label deals is gradually dispersing in Nigeria music industry. Screen idols are now going extra mile to land their mega endorsement deal. The phase, “Any publicity is good publicity” seems to be the winning formula.
Like a common advice for spinsters, ‘Be careful before you seek her hands into marriage’ equivalent should be for any artiste hunting for endorsements deal is. As marriage required commitment, loyalty and dedication likewise the endorsement deals is.
As an industry watcher, I think brands negative traits are transferred over to celebrity who partner with brands to scam consumers. Entertainers should be watchful the product they are endorsing before unveiling it to the public since fans will be the consumer of endorsed products. If a celebrity appear on scam promo, it might have a negatively influences on consumer perception.
Celebrity should rethink their approach and ask these few questions before endorsing any product. Are my looking to establish a relationship with a company that I believe in? Are my knowledgeable about the product offerings? Are my willing to enthusiastically promote brand products socially and publically? Basically, what are my going to do for the company you are endorsing? And also, should also be more concern about their fans.
But, it’s so dishearten seeing our superstars are so egocentric, they entwined with brands to defrauding fans with fake promo and rendering poor services. Brands are ready to splash millions on celebrities just to speak about their products because of the huge fans on social network. It is a fans that make you a superstar, ‘a fans can make or mar you’. Our celebrities are a traitor and betrayer!
For instance, some telecommunications will advertise 2g data browsing for 3g, they promise us all expenses paid trip only to found ourselves in their village, they promise us brand new aeroplane but gave us fairly used, they assaulting people with spam messages and ripping poor Nigerians.
A fan post on social network reads, “Truth is, these useless promos end up making us poorer by the day. The sooner we open our eyes and stop responding to such offers the better for us. What we need is good service quality. Any Artiste who collected money can’t speak badly against the brands products or services”.

If Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) failed to be diligent by their three guiding principles (Fair, Firm and Forthright) in carrying out its duties and functions as the National Telecommunications Regulator. They are responsible for ensuring the provision of qualitative and efficient telecommunications services throughout the country.
I think it’s time for us to utilize our power to let our celebrities know that we have the right to unfollow them on social network and we have the to ignore their concert shows.
Let us proof to these multinationals company and their local collaborators that Nigerians are not gullible people, let us stop buying recharge cards to win aeroplane, houses or cars, let us change our perception on how to get rich instantly without offering ccommensurate effort.
Gone are the days when Nigerian musicians used sees music as weapons to emancipate this country. Fela Anikulapo-kuti, Sunny Okosun, King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey to mention a few are the definition of human rights activist, they use music to fight for masses.
One of the very few entertainers who have disassociates themselves to sign endorsement deal is the son of Afrobeat legend, Seun Kuti. He once opened up on endorsement fever that has gripped Nigerian artists and why he hasn’t signed any deal yet.
“I know the telecommunications do a lot of that. But I don’t think I have anything that they can sell. Nobody sell honesty, they only sell flamboyance. I think people should on the grassroots, on the poor,” the Fela Anikulapo son said.
The new generation should follow their footsteps they should mobilize themselves to support the country people.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

2016 Soul Train Music Awards List Of Nominees / Doctor Strange Portrait Coloring Pages / NOLLYWOOD INSIGHT: ‘god Has Given Me Another Chance To Live’ – Leo Mezie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.