Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training (15138 Views)

I Receive This Email Yesterday But Didn't Go For The Training. Pls Are They Real / Nigerian Army List Of Successful Candidates 2019 (DSSC 24 & SSC 45) / Nigerian Navy Dssc Recruitment 2018/2019 Form Direct Short Service Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
Please who has knowledge of wat NN training looks like. how tough is it? Must the trainees swim? how is the drills? any pictures?
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
The training is as tough as you can imagine. It involves a lot of physical training, including pinning of head (planting of skull), frog jump, press-up, push-up, forward rolling, fire man carry, camel work, obstacle course, shooting range, swimming, flogging, jugging/ running, cross country race, boxing, water works and all kinds of baptism. These and many more are what we passed-through during my time. It's still rigorous, but not as it used to be. These are routine events but worse during fire alarms. Some level of mortality is allowed, so take note.
dikcom:
Please who has knowledge of wat NN training looks like. how tough is it? Must the trainees swim? how is the drills? any pictures?

1 Like

Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
Some level of mortality is allowed, so take note.
Hw often do guys "pass out?
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
Assumin dat one gets Injured, wil dia b medical attention? ...exclusion 4 some activities?
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
It involves a lot of physical training, including pinning of head (planting of skull),
how many minutes will dey ask u t stay on dis?
Are dey actually goin t teach u dese excercises or dey wil task u t do dem? wat happens wen one fails completion of any dril?
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
@ dikcom:

1. I don't understand what you mean by pass-out.

2. If you get injured or fall sick, you'll be excluded from the physical training, but you may still have to attend lectures and parade. But if it's a major injury, you'll be withdrawn.

3. You can plant your skull for minutes or hours, depending on the instructor's discretion.

4. These are things that everyone even children can do. There's nothing to fail.

5. Please save the questions. If you make it to Onne, everything will become clear to you.

3 Likes

Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
@ dikcom:

2. If you get injured or fall sick, you'll be excluded from the physical training, but you may still have to attend lectures and parade. But if it's a major injury, you'll be withdrawn.

3. You can plant your skull for minutes or hours, depending on the instructor's discretion.

4. These are things that everyone even children can do. There's nothing to fail.

5. Please save the questions. If you make it to Onne, everything will become clear to you.
Tanks alot, i so much appreciate ur response
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
Try go there first
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by googleTALK: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
@PatrickOkunima

sorry as this may sound dumb but how often do the Nigeria Navy recruite graduates
and is it true that the system is so corrupt that if u don't know someone in the system u can never get shortlisted?
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by bastien: 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
googleTALK:
@PatrickOkunima

sorry as this may sound dumb but how often do the Nigeria Navy recruite graduates
and is it true that the system is so corrupt that if u don't know someone in the system u can never get shortlisted?
oga lemme be sincere to you, if you really qualify navy go collect you, eg, NN lacks drummers, instrumentalists and so on, but if you good especially in medicine and surgery, them go collect you with or without connection.

But if you like get 1star for Lagos, e no sure o.... .. U must at least get 1star wey dey work for headquarters Abuja or any one wey dey Abuja
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by wildchild1: 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
bastien:
oga lemme be sincere to you, if you really qualify navy go collect you, eg, NN lacks drummers, instrumentalists and so on, but if you good especially in medicine and surgery, them go collect you with or without connection.

But if you like get 1star for Lagos, e no sure o.... .. U must at least get 1star wey dey work for headquarters Abuja or any one wey dey Abuja

Your 1 star must be strong o and must also have connect with NAVSEC or else you're still on your own
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by bastien: 7:32am On Nov 01, 2016
wildchild1:

Your 1 star must be strong o and must also have connect with NAVSEC or else you're still on your own
u mean navy secondary school?
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by wildchild1: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2016
bastien:
u mean navy secondary school?

Lols...Naaaa

NAVSEC = Navy Secretary/Secretariat.. They are in charge of recruitment (Ratings) and enlistment (Officers)
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by wildchild1: 10:51am On Nov 01, 2016
Cant seem yo login since yesterday, anyone having same problem?
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by lebete3000: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2016
bastien:

Been trying to register since with my phone to no avail....I no even see where to click register for my phone sef...and the age limit is too small for Medicine and Surgery...na for where dem wan see person wey finish Medicine and hin never pass 28yrs...na quack dem dey find be dat oh...
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by bastien: 11:37am On Nov 01, 2016
wildchild1:

Lols...Naaaa

NAVSEC = Navy Secretary/Secretariat.. They are in charge of recruitment (Ratings) and enlistment (Officers)
yeah, but if ur uncle na top mallam, u don enter
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by bastien: 11:38am On Nov 01, 2016
lebete3000:

Been trying to register since with my phone to no avail....I no even see where to click register for my phone sef...and the age limit is too small for Medicine and Surgery...na for where dem wan see person wey finish Medicine and hin never pass 28yrs...na quack dem dey find be dat oh...
lol, na Nigeria be that for you..... That's why football age full the country
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by wildchild1: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
bastien:
yeah, but if ur uncle na top mallam, u don enter

Na lie... don't dull

1 Like

Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by youngberry001(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
The training is as tough as you can imagine. It involves a lot of physical training, including pinning of head (planting of skull), frog jump, press-up, push-up, forward rolling, fire man carry, camel work, obstacle course, shooting range, swimming, flogging, jugging/ running, cross country race, boxing, water works and all kinds of baptism. These and many more are what we passed-through during my time. It's still rigorous, but not as it used to be. These are routine events but worse during fire alarms. Some level of mortality is allowed, so take note.
you be navy pls..?

1 Like

Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by EdoBoy90(m): 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
Abuja connection is the best ooo.

God help me with this one.
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by EdoBoy90(m): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Can a senator help someone in Nigerian Navy? He retired as a major in the Nigerian Army but now he is a Senator.

Lols...Naaaa

NAVSEC = Navy Secretary/Secretariat.. They are in charge of recruitment (Ratings) and enlistment (Officers) [/quote]
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by jeremiah123: 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
gud evening I want to find out like how many person Nigerian Navy takes in a state
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by Raphafire101: 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
@ dikcom:

So even children can plant their skulls for minutes or hours??
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by Emyben(m): 6:43pm On May 03, 2017
PatrickOkunima:
@ dikcom:

Sir, can i direct message you. Am curious. Need to learn a lot from you
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by jaelz(m): 6:02am On May 05, 2017
PatrickOkunima:

Please what is the salary structure for a sub luitenannt pls in the navy sorry to pry o
Re: NAVY DSSC: How Tough Is The Training by satyhope: 10:13am On May 12, 2020
[left][/left][color=#990000][/color]HOW MUCH IS THE NIGERIAN RECRUITMENT FORM

(1) (Reply)

Think Well Before You Take That Job!!! / Npower: FG Paid December Allowance / Globalcom Recruitment In Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.