Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,251 members, 7,867,657 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:50 PM

Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. (11736 Views)

Amaechi And Dawari George At ViewPoint On 93.7 Rythem Fm In PH (Pics) / NOI: 70% Of Nigerians Approves Buhari's 30 Days Performance / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nchara: 11:22pm On Oct 28, 2009
anonimi:

sizeable

Olodo. Sizable is definitely correct. See am here

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sizable

Sizeable =Sizeable, both are correct

If you do not know, do not always think others are wrong.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by illusion2: 11:56pm On Oct 28, 2009
al-qaeda:

yorubas are definitely the most dirtiest people in 9ja [s]ranging from theft to corruption to scams and frauds and also shit [/s] in waterproof and throw them into other peoples compounds, not to talk of shiting in pots at night and cooking in that same pot during the day. sick man. stupid people.
Hilarious fool ! grin grin
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Sagamite(m): 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2009
texazzpete:

You say you're a 'faculty member' of a foreign University and you shamelessly trot out such shoddy logic?
slowpoke.

Did he really say he was a 'faculty member' and spewed such arrant rubbish?  shocked shocked shocked

He is retarded.

Nchara, slowpoke, you lack basic logic but you want to claim being a faculty member?
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by hymen(f): 12:02am On Oct 29, 2009
illusion2:

All these poorly educated igbo traders sef. . . . . cheesy

Police don close down Alaba again? grin grin grin
lol!

illusion2:

I repeat again. . . you're illiterate. . .or how else can one explain your thrashy rantings? 
I don't have a problem if you want to uphold the Ndigbo; you can do that by starting threads like:

1. Igbos are the most intelligent ethnic group on  earth
2.Igbos are the most innovative
3.Igbos are the  best in everything

or create threads to celebrate prominent Ndigbo : Chimamanda,Emeagwali,Achebe,Chris Uba etc. . .
/quote] When did chris Ub becoem a 'prominent' igbo? undecided
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Atonto: 12:11am On Oct 29, 2009
Apart from jail term, people that steal puplic money should be made to do community services like clearing the gutter, sweeping the streets, all by themselves for a particular period. As a tax payer, it hurt when i hear who stole my sweat, ole, barawo,
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Isuata: 2:33am On Oct 29, 2009
nchara is a faculty member? of wia embarassed

some things are best left un-said

faculty! with such comments

hehehehehehehe
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:55am On Oct 29, 2009
Why wöndering? Have u peeps forgottn Patricia Etteh's case.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by babapupa: 3:56am On Oct 29, 2009
lol @ faculty. Must be faculty of retard studies.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nchara: 4:43am On Oct 29, 2009
Doubting Thomases,

Although this thread is not about me, let me however confirm that yes, I am indeed a Faculty of a university in the US (name witheld). I am tempted to expose who I am in real life but I will refrain from doing so in this forum. Thusly, please do not ask for the name of my institution, or my real names; I will not give those out for strategic reasons. I guess it is always wise to remain anonymous so one can voice their opinion the way they deem fit without recourse to phoney diplomacy. Holding a PhD (Magna Cum Laude) in Biological Engineering is not akara.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=329552.msg4622359#msg4622359
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by ovo4u(m): 5:25am On Oct 29, 2009
al-qaeda:

yorubas are definitely the most dirtiest people in 9ja ranging from theft to corruption to scams and frauds and also shit in waterproof and throw them into other peoples compounds, not to talk of shiting in pots at night and cooking in that same pot during the day. sick man. stupid people.

lol, am beginning to enjoy this tread.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by AloyEmeka6: 5:42am On Oct 29, 2009
ovo4u:

lol, am beginning to enjoy this tread.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What is so funny about that comment? undecided
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by generalzango(m): 6:24am On Oct 29, 2009
?
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by boladez(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2009
I am one of those who actually believe that Nigeria will get better but I am having doubts based on the quality of posts I see on Nairaland these days!! Remember this forum is not for the uneducated / unenlightened

I remember when I joined Nairaland in 2007 I would rush home to read intelligent and coherent posts, that set one thinking about serious national issues. However these days almost all discussions in the politics forum ends up in tribal fights and insults. Can't we share ideas and express opinions without constantly referrring to tribes or being rude??

I think the people that point figers at tribes may be suffering from some certain psychological disorder and should seek help immediately.

Mr Moderator , I appeal to you to help reduce the tribal insults and lazy , non intellectual discourse that goes on here daily.

Peace and hope for a better nation with better people!!
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Sagamite(m): 6:44am On Oct 29, 2009
Nchara:

Doubting Thomases,

Although this thread is not about me, let me however confirm that yes, I am indeed a Faculty of a university in the US (name witheld). I am tempted to expose who I am in real life but I will refrain from doing so in this forum. Thusly, please do not ask for the name of my institution, or my real names; I will not give those out for strategic reasons. I guess it is always wise to remain anonymous so one can voice their opinion the way they deem fit without recourse to phoney diplomacy. Holding a PhD (Magna Cum Laude) in Biological Engineering is not akara.

You are a slowpoke!

You still have the audacity to be brandishing your "faculty member" bullocks after such level of reasoning you demonstrated.

Stupid fool! You are a disgrace to Phd acquisition if you are ever capable of excelling in one.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by texazzpete(m): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2009
Nchara:

Doubting Thomases,

So what good are your fancy degrees if you display the intellectual prowess of a gnat?
The more you promote your degrees, the more they seem out of sync with the dumbass statements you make on Nairaland.
let me dabble in amateur psychoanalysis - did someone drop you on the head when you were a baby?
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Tafugo: 8:38am On Oct 29, 2009
Sorry i didn't have time to read most replies but i am saddened by the fact that this forum is used by some imbeciles to bare unwarranted hatred and pent up frustration.There should be some form of decorum or what is called netiquette when posting to forums. Just like Nigeria illiterates and vagabonds are taking over Nairaland. From their poor grammar and comments you will know they lack home training and good upbringing, and hide under the net to propagate hatred.I am Yoruba and have worked and lived all over Nigeria Aba PH Enugu JOS Kaduna Lagos Ibadan Etc We were brought up to know right from wrong, a thief is a thief no matter his name or where he comes from and we were taught to value order justice and fair play.Just as you have bad Yoruba men so it is all over Nigeria. Saying there is a preponderance in one part or the other is rather shallow and mischievous. So brothers and sisters let us join hands together and make positive contribution to this forum instead of using it to divide ourselves.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by kidsam: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2009
Yorubas don't support thieves, Bode George Should get what he deserves
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by ichommy(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2009
i dont know what to say but, lipsrsealed
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by kirkmikel: 9:17am On Oct 29, 2009
If you look at the pictures well you would see that they are of suporters loyal to him in so many interesting ways and if you look at the courtroom pictures you would see that he was not sentenced alone, the issue of corrution is not racial,so is"nt the crime and so should"nt be the punishment, Bode George should have gone to prison many many years ago when he was able bodied as a military man maybe he would have come out now a better person.

As the saying goes you can only pull back the hands of time but you can never escape nemesis if you are indebted to it . I just hope the judiciary and Aondoakaa do not dissappoint themselves by letting them go on some frivolous grounds, if we are truly serious about purging Nigeria of corrupt leaders the time to start is now Bode George or not and please we yorubas believe in the superiority of a good name over silver, gold or any riches.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by OPCman: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2009
Tafugo:

Sorry i didn't have time to read most replies but i am saddened by the fact that this forum is used by some imbeciles to bare unwarranted hatred and pent up frustration.There should be some form of decorum or what is called netiquette when posting to forums. Just like Nigeria illiterates and vagabonds are taking over Nairaland. From their poor grammar and comments you will know they lack home training and good upbringing, and hide under the net to propagate hatred.I am Yoruba and have worked and lived all over Nigeria Aba PH Enugu JOS Kaduna Lagos Ibadan Etc We were brought up to know right from wrong, a thief is a thief no matter his name or where he comes from and we were taught to value order justice and fair play.Just as you have bad Yoruba men so it is all over Nigeria. Saying there is a preponderance in one part or the other is rather shallow and mischievous. So brothers and sisters let us join hands together and make positive contribution to this forum instead of using it to divide ourselves.

Kudos to my Yoruba brothers and sisters who always replied to the trashs being posted by those silly Biafran bigots. Their strategy and tactic is to call a dog a name in other to hang it. They've not forgiven Yoruba people/nation for the role we played to make them Nigerians during the civil war. They therefore set up a website on Biafra republic, recruited many silly bigots to go round all the forum and be calling Yoruba names.
Not only here (NL) they are doing it, go to Punch forum, Vanguard forum, Sahara reporters forum, Guardian Forum before being closed and so many other forums. for eaxample read this:

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-316415.128.html  

(and imagine the number of views it generated and that will tell you that these bigots are up to something)

But I don't think,  we educated Yoruba who can use or have access to the internet should allow them to get away with this. Bigotry begets bigotry. If they think they can take on Yoruba in every aspects of life, let us continue. We Yoruba are NOT their problem and I don't see why they should be attacking us or calling us names.

Not only Nigerians use the internet, any garbage or comment posted here could be read by anybody all over the world. So their mission is to tarnish Yorubas image to the outside world. And we shouldn't allow them. We should tell the whole world what we Yoruba know about them (Biafran Ibos) as well.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Vavavoom(m): 10:09am On Oct 29, 2009
*vavavoom shakes his head after reading various comments herein*
My conclusion: the hurt is deep, corruption rife-knows neither tribe nor colour. In our case perpetrated because allowed. The danger in Nigeria is not the few who are able to steal our commonwealth at will, it is in the thought paralysis that the many uncared for have been conditioned. So the custodians of our wealth amuse themselves at our disarray; like in any circus show we have become their pantomime. They sit as in a coliseum throw crumbs amongs our lot and watch in unconfined amusement as we confusingly fight amongst ourselves. Division is their motive, strife unleashed to grant stay on their thieving. Let us chew and decide on wether to continue to aid their practices or stand up against what is wrong irrespective of tribe.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by onyengbu1(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2009
OPCman:

Kudos to my Yoruba brothers and sisters who always replied to the trashs being posted by those silly Biafran bigots. Their strategy and tactic is to call a dog a name in other to hang it. They've not forgiven Yoruba people/nation for the role we played to make them Nigerians during the civil war. They therefore set up a website on Biafra republic, recruited many silly bigots to go round all the forum and be calling Yoruba names.
Not only here (NL) they are doing it, go to Punch forum, Vanguard forum, Sahara reporters forum, Guardian Forum before being closed and so many other forums. for eaxample read this:

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-316415.128.html  

(and imagine the number of views it generated and that will tell you that these bigots are up to something)

But I don't think,  we educated Yoruba who can use or have access to the internet should allow them to get away with this. Bigotry begets bigotry. If they think they can take on Yoruba in every aspects of life, let us continue. We Yoruba are NOT their problem and I don't see why they should be attacking us or calling us names.

Not only Nigerians use the internet, any garbage or comment posted here could be read by anybody all over the world. So their mission is to tarnish Yorubas image to the outside world. And we shouldn't allow them. We should tell the whole world what we Yoruba know about them (Biafran Ibos) as well.
You sound more like a bigot that than those people you are accusing.

For you to come up with such analogies and allegations, you are a yoruba bigot just as those from the other side are biafran bigots.  grin
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by nosmas: 10:21am On Oct 29, 2009
we should also not forget that the judge that convicted him is a Yoruba man.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nezan(m): 10:24am On Oct 29, 2009
^^ softly guys
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by rethink: 11:00am On Oct 29, 2009
@Mekus

What is Sizable?
What has yoruba and being a thief have in common?

If you are intelligent as you claim you are you will make it difficult for people to be tried convicted and sentenced.

Tell you what

any other Judge of the same tribe with the accused would rethink of your statement here before passing any judgement. This judgement would come off as weapon in the hand of the PERCEIVED ENEMY OF THE YORUBA.

What if the Judge was Igbo?

Dont you think your intellectuallism is grossly exposed here?

IF ALL YORUBA'S WERE DUMB NOT LITERALLY WILL THEY STOP BEING YORUBAS?
IF ALL IGBO'S WERE DUMB NOT LITERALLY WILL THEY STOP BEING IGBOS?

I AM GOING TO PUT YOUR HATRED TO THE TEST AND LET YOU SEE YOUR HATEOMETER READING.

IF MR BODE GEORGE WAS SENTENCED BY THIS JUDGE TO DIE BY HANGING WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?

A TRIBALIST HAS THE FOLLOWING TRAIT

1) Is completely illiterate
2) has a hatred that makes him look very unreasonable
3) There is a biased jundiced view because he sees everybody through blood line
4) He is easily deceieved because he has faith in the encyclopedia of sounds that is made by a man called his tribes men.

You might be Educated but you are coming off as very illiterate.

WHAT MAKES A TRIBE. A LANGUAGE?
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by kelech333: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2009
Bleep Him
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by keeeem: 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2009
I have always been an apostle of optimism that there is indeed hope for the future. When I stand among people praising the level of debate that goes on here, I get condemnation because some people never see anything good coming out of nairaland. I scoff at such comments based on the way I see tomorrow and not now.
I am yoruba and cannot deny that fact. Our elders used to say that the morning shows the day.

I am not much of a contributor to debates on nairaland but I think I have to chip in one or two things here judging from the way this topic of Bode George is degenerating.

I think it is high time the moderator starts screening posts that emanate from contributors. Our younger generation should not be throwing brick-bats on ethnic sentiments. If there is an issue, let us access it objectively and not conjure things up that is intended at hurting people.

Frankly, this post by mekus should be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians. This is the web where people all over the world read us and when people who will be leaders of tomorrow think and talk the way some people do here, people of other climes have no choice than to laugh at us as people who don't have hope for the future. Our action of today, will dictate how our tomorrow will be.

There is no way a Yoruba man will do without an Ibo man and no way an Ibo man will do without the Hausa man. We should look at ways of building rather than disintegrating ourselves further.

Please mekus, swallow the humble pie and apologise to the whole house for error of judgement. May God bless all of us
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2009
keeeem:

I have always been an apostle of optimism that there is indeed hope for the future. When I stand among people praising the level of debate that goes on here, I get condemnation because some people never see anything good coming out of nairaland. I scoff at such comments based on the way I see tomorrow and not now.
I am yoruba and cannot deny that fact. Our elders used to say that the morning shows the day.

I am not much of a contributor to debates on nairaland but I think I have to chip in one or two things here judging from the way this topic of Bode George is degenerating.

I think it is high time the moderator starts screening posts that emanate from contributors. Our younger generation should not be throwing brick-bats on ethnic sentiments. If there is an issue, let us access it objectively and not conjure things up that is intended at hurting people.

Frankly, this post by mekus should be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians. This is the web where people all over the world read us and when people who will be leaders of tomorrow think and talk the way some people do here, people of other climes have no choice than to laugh at us as people who don't have hope for the future. Our action of today, will dictate how our tomorrow will be.

There is no way a Yoruba man will do without an Ibo man and no way an Ibo man will do without the Hausa man. We should look at ways of building rather than disintegrating ourselves further.

Please mekus, swallow the humble pie and apologise to the whole house for error of judgement. May God bless all of us

The most intelligent post so far by a someone who claims to be Yoruba on Nairaland
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by anonimi: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2009
Nchara:

Olodo. Sizable is definitely correct. See am here

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sizable

Sizeable =Sizeable, both are correct

If you do not know, do not always think others are wrong.

I did not mean the spelling but rather the meaning, the relativity of the word sizeable applied to a population group-the yorubas would mean 60-70% support the guy.
does your man have such statistics
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by anonimi: 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2009
keeeem:

you can help by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the bottom left corner of each annoying post.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by koyuid(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2009
what do you people gain from this tribal fights?
this  is the sort of thing one would expect at oshodi mart.

SHAME ON YOU GUYS
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by koyuid(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2009
By the way am a yoruba man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Does Sai Buhari Means? / Astronomic Fall Of The Naira: President Buhari And Emefielle Should Be Blamed / Sanwo-Olu Delivers 14 Housing Schemes In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.