Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court (712 Views)

30 Shoemakers From Abia Arrived China For Training (Photos) / Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu / Stella Oduah Stole N3.6b, Shared It Between 8 Companies - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court by KENNING2010: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Monday charged former Gov. Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia with money laundering before a Federal High Court in Lagos.

Kalu is charged alongside his company, Slok Nigeria Ltd., and his former Commissioner for Finance, Jones Ude, on 34 counts bordering on money laundering.

The accused were alleged to have diverted over N3.2 billion from the Abia State Government’s treasury during his tenure as governor.

http://skytrendnews.com/2016/10/31/efcc-docks-ex-gov-orji-uzor-kalu-allegedly-stealing-n3-2bn-abia-state/

Re: Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court by dukechilezie(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
You just discovered Orji Kalu is a thief right? I think EFCC arrested him because he is not a member of APC and he did not campaign for Buhari during the last election. APC - Amalgamation of Past Criminals.
Re: Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court by sexy74(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
is this all he stole according to you or what? This amount na beans to me.
Re: Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court by Femiolu2000: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
You guys are defending thieves, you must have somethings in common... congrats, have you ever gotten N1m before?
Re: Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
How can Kalu alone steal 3.2billion? He built an airport, a dam, a university and dredged River Niger for a port.
- Jonathan. grin
Re: Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court by Femiolu2000: 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
How can Kalu alone steal 3.2billion? He built an airport, a dam, a university and dredged River Niger for a port.
- Jonathan. grin

Jonathan and Kalu are birds of the same feathers, thats why they are defending each other, Nigerians!!!
Re: Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
My Ancestors !
I beem with pride and glow with hope whenever I remember that I am a yoruba man.
Unlike the Xhosa, Zulu and the Ashante ancetors who take pride in maintaining a relatively small and inward looking empire, my Yoruba ancestors operates an empire almost covering the entire West africa. And they are very outward looking, accomodating, great sense of hospitality, patient but ruthless when angered.
From the creeks of Benin, to the hinterland of Dahomey they all pay huge tribute to my Yoruba ancestors.
I remembered the story of one stubborn City deep down in present day Benin Repuplic who refuse to pay tributes to the Yorubas, and instead they murdered the Yoruba officials stationed in their territory. My Yoruba ancestors gave them 21days to apologise or they bear the consequence of their action. Like a Dog who plays with the groins of a Lion, the Köngi city refuse to apologise and instead pledge allegiance to Ashante empire.
My Yoruba ancestors lost their cool, they unleash their Army.
The glittering horse men from Ibadan, Shaki and Ogbomosho, the great sword men from Ekiti, ilorin and Ede, the almighty Calvary majorly from Akure and Egba, and the war mercineries from Ijebu and Offa. Some of this Soldiers wield bows, spare, arrows, but majority of them wield our most famous weapon the silver sword of Oyo.
Fear rang its bell, and the devil himself trembled. No bird dare fly in the sky, no rooster dare crow. No drumer dare beat his drum, no dancer dare move his feet. For, the Yoruba soldiers are angry. Like the anger of a Lion in the jungle, whose father dare come out to stop him.
Half a day at the Kongi city, and even though the Kongi people have acquired the White men weapon called Gun, Yoruba soldiers slew them all. None of the Kongi men survived, their women were sold into slavery, and their mavelous city was set ablaze. The Kongi people were obliterated ! My ancestors then turn their powerful gaze upon Ashante empire, but Ashante quickly go down on their kneels, and then send thousand baskets containing tributes to my ancestors.
Unlike the unlucky Kongi people, the Ashante have realized that against the Silver Swords of the Yorubas there can be no victory.
Indeed, even when my Yoruba ancestors were no longer in unity, just few hundreds of the mighty Ibadan horse men sent the advansing Hausa/fulani soldiers in to early grave.
And even in modern times, I remeber how Benjamin Adekunle{black scorpion} and Olusegun Obasanjo bravely commanded the Nigerian troops that shattered the Biafrans men, sending them all into doom, in which the Biafran sole commander ran away with his tale between legs, afterwhich his soldiers have no choice but to surrender.
No enough ink to write about the glories of my ancestors.
I know definately that someone somewhere reading this article will start to think me a racist, tribalist, and ethnic chauvinist. But if remembering the unforgetable gestures and ever shinning glories of ones ancestors makes one a tribalist, then am a proud tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court by KENNING2010: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
abiodunalasa:
My Ancestors !
I beem with pride and glow with hope whenever I remember that I am a yoruba man.
Unlike the Xhosa, Zulu and the Ashante ancetors who take pride in maintaining a relatively small and inward looking empire, my Yoruba ancestors operates an empire almost covering the entire West africa. And they are very outward looking, accomodating, great sense of hospitality, patient but ruthless when angered.
From the creeks of Benin, to the hinterland of Dahomey they all pay huge tribute to my Yoruba ancestors.
I remembered the story of one stubborn City deep down in present day Benin Repuplic who refuse to pay tributes to the Yorubas, and instead they murdered the Yoruba officials stationed in their territory. My Yoruba ancestors gave them 21days to apologise or they bear the consequence of their action. Like a Dog who plays with the groins of a Lion, the Köngi city refuse to apologise and instead pledge allegiance to Ashante empire.
The glittering horse men from Ibadan, Shaki and Ogbomosho, the great sword men from Ekiti, ilorin and Ede, the almighty Calvary majorly from Akure and Egba, and the war mercineries from Ijebu and Offa. Some of this Soldiers wield bows, spare, arrows, but majority of them wield our most famous weapon the silver sword of Oyo.
Fear rang its bell, and the devil himself trembled. No bird dare fly in the sky, no rooster dare crow. No drumer dare beat his drum, no dancer dare move his feet. For, the Yoruba soldiers are angry. Like the anger of a Lion in the jungle, whose father dare come out to stop him.
Half a day at the Kongi city, and even though the Kongi people have acquired the White men weapon called Gun, Yoruba soldiers slew them all. None of the Kongi men survived, their women were sold into slavery, and their mavelous city was set ablaze. The Kongi people were obliterated ! My ancestors then turn their powerful gaze upon Ashante empire, but Ashante quickly go down on their kneels, and then send thousand baskets containing tributes to my ancestors.
Unlike the unlucky Kongi people, the Ashante have realized that against the Silver Swords of the Yorubas there can be no victory.
Indeed, even when my Yoruba ancestors were no longer in unity, just few hundreds of the mighty Ibadan horse men sent the advansing Hausa/fulani soldiers in to early grave.
And even in modern times, I remeber how Benjamin Adekunle{black scorpion} and Olusegun Obasanjo bravely commanded the Nigerian troops that shattered the Biafrans men, sending them all into doom, in which the Biafran sole commander ran away with his tale between legs, afterwhich his soldiers have no choice but to surrender.
I know definately that someone somewhere reading this article will start to think me a racist, tribalist, and ethnic chauvinist. But if remembering the unforgetable gestures and ever shinning glories of ones ancestors makes one a tribalist, then am a proud tribalist.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE ABOVE?

1 Like

Re: Ex-gov Orji Uzor Kalu Stole N3.2 Billion From Abia State, EFCC Tells Court by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:52am On Nov 01, 2016
abiodunalasa:
My Ancestors !

cheesy. Im a racist and tribalist with you.
May Oduduwa bless you!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Orji Kalu: If Fashola Were Igbo, He Would Have Betrayed Tinubu / FAYOSE: Ekiti Set To Commence Monthly Empowerment Of 8,850 Jobless, Poor Youths / Americans Google 'how Do I Emigrate?' As Searches For 'end Of The World' Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.