Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate (11825 Views)

President Buhari Lifts Tony Nwoye's Hand At Anambra APC Governorship Rally / Buhari Endorses El-rufai’s Plan To Sack 21,780 Teachers / Ondo: Buhari Sends Mimiko To Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by odiks: 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has formerly endorsed Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu as the governorship candidate of All Progressives Congress for Ondo State in the forthcoming election.

This was made known by Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State who formerly unveiled the candidate before the president in his office at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Speaking to State House Correspondents in his capacity as the chairman of the APC campaign committee for Ondo election after a meeting with the president on Tuesday, Governor Lalong boasted that APC would win the election.

While disclosing that all internal issues within the party that may affect it in the election had been resolved, the governor made reference to their victory in Kogi and Edo, saying that they would repeat the feat.

He said: “A few weeks ago, I was given the responsibility of leading the campaign on behalf of the National Executive for the Ondo election. And the candidate since election at the primaries has not come to be presented to the leader of our party, that is Mr President. So, today we came in with the candidate and to confirm to the president that APC has only one candidate unlike other parties that are fighting about who is their candidate.

“We have only one candidate and that candidate is Chief Akeredolu Rotimi (SAN)

“Well, that is not a problem to APC, since inception. You knew what happened in Kogi, you knew what happened in Edo, we won the elections. It was as if it was going to be very difficult for us but we won the election.

“Today again, we are going into Ondo. The entire mistake we made in other states we have corrected them. We are seeing a very smooth election, not only a smooth election but the credibility of the candidate itself is something worth selling. We know definitely we are going the election.

“Well Mr. President is a loyal party man so he is answerable to the party although the president of Nigeria. He has also confirmed that he has seen the candidate and is also praying for a successful election in ondo state.”

The governor also faulted last Friday’s visit of Ondo State governor, Olusegun Mimiko to the president, saying it was unnecessary to drag the president to PDP issues.

“Let me say it was even wrong for them to start running to Mr President to help them solve the problem of PDP in their party. Mr. President is the President of Nigeria and he is not a member of PDP even when we have problems in APC we don’t run to Mr President. If he has a problem in his state. He is the governor, let him stay there and resolve the matter.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/ondo-buhari-endorses-akeredolu-apc-guber-candidate/

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by olawalepopoola: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
He will only win 2 LGAs: Owo and Ose. The man is too dull for my liking.

24 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by seunmsg(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
Akeredolu is just wasting his time, he will lose big time. And again, if the plot to perpetuate Jimoh Ibrahim as PDP candidate succeeds, I see the Mimiko faction of PDP coalescing around Oke's candidature. Tinubu, Mimiko, Fayose and Aregbesola are already working together underground to foster Yoruba unity. Ondo election will be the ultimate test of that alliance.

Aketi may not be a bad candidate but he is being sponsored by betrayals who want to cause division in Yoruba land and that is why every political leader in Ondo state and the south west will work against his candidature.

22 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by DickDastardly(m): 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
We all love akere-dull and the dulllard grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by omofunaab(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
Waste of time.
Ondo election is about the candidates and not political parties

13 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by olashabsyy: 8:47am On Nov 01, 2016
omofunaab:
Waste of time.
Ondo election is about the candidates and not political parties
I don tire for this election

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by realglobe: 8:50am On Nov 01, 2016
seunmsg:
Akeredolu is just wasting his time, he will lose big time.
#IStandWithAkeredolu the real national leader of APC has spoken.. Tinubites can keep hating grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by DrObum(m): 8:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Ondo people be wise ooooo!

Forget amala politics oooo

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 01, 2016
He'll surly win grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:50am On Nov 01, 2016
See person dat is endorsing oooo, PMB u never endorse urslf for 2019 u dey endorse person wey can only win through d conflict in PDP

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by generalorot(m): 8:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Who em go endorse before... Jegede Op where is your brain angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Ondo Election will be unpredictable grin
Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by realglobe: 8:51am On Nov 01, 2016
DickDastardly:
We all love akere-dull and the dulllard grin cheesy
but why is buhari treating tinubu like this? unblockable? cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by holius65: 8:51am On Nov 01, 2016
oh I see
Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by Paperwhite(m): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2016
Another confirmation that Tinubu is still going down.The Aso Rock Cabal have disclosed & stand by who they want.Over to you the Jagaban ass-lickers.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by Alusinejeuka(m): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2016
APC be like back to school. Only dogs and baboons will vote you again

4 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by tdemo(m): 8:53am On Nov 01, 2016
AKETI will lose Again........ Ondo belongs to PDP

7 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by Abbeyme: 8:53am On Nov 01, 2016
OK o.

Free and fair elections ooo
Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by Angelb4: 8:53am On Nov 01, 2016
Bring him to Lagos for endorsement. But this guy fit win this election o
Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by habefeh(m): 8:54am On Nov 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by DropShot: 8:57am On Nov 01, 2016
tdemo:
AKETI will lose Again........ Ondo belongs to PDP
grin cheesy
Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by QuotaSystem: 8:58am On Nov 01, 2016
#IStandWithAkete

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by Mopolchi: 8:58am On Nov 01, 2016
realglobe:

#IStandWithAkeredolu the real national leader of APC has spoken.. Tinubites can keep hating grin grin grin
Make me follow realglobe to #IStandWithAkeredolu too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by Abbeyme: 8:58am On Nov 01, 2016
Jimoh Ibrahim is not worthy of the status of Governor of my Ondo State.

All known establishments he handled has crumbled like a pack of cards.

We need a viable and industrial sombori as guffnor, please.
Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2016
If the appeal court judgment favours Jegede, then Jegede all the way up
otherwise Olusola Oke is our choice....

who is akete?...that ibadan whitebearded man....what achievement or investment has he ,committed to the development of his state?whats he known for....except being former NBA chair.

for your info, nearly half of APC grassroot stakeholders have all codedly decamp to AD of Olushola Oke.....

jimoh...419
jegede....Eyi ma gor oo
akete....fulani puppet
.........all swallowed by Oke

#OKEGBEMI

11 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by Kingbuhari(m): 9:02am On Nov 01, 2016
BUHARI is an ingrate, stupid and bigot, unreasonable dunce... if I shout bubu someone should reply me with cow.... BUBU

7 Likes

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by shaddoww: 9:05am On Nov 01, 2016
The only problem Oke will have is lack of political bigwigs to campaign for him, it's obvious he is being sponsored by Tinubu’s caucus of d APC but dey can't openly campaign 4 him cos it will amount to anti party, but I think dey will give him enough cash, foot soldiers n TVC is already showing his campaigns.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by buJu234: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2016
with this APC controlled INEC..

expect anything that may not b fair election.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by kunlegboye(m): 9:06am On Nov 01, 2016
He will win!
Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by uche87(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2016
Aketi all the way. Proud to be associated with this great man

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Buhari Endorses Akeredolu As APC Governorship Candidate by kunlegboye(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2016
olawalepopoola:
He will only win 2 LGAs: Owo and Ose. The man is too dull for my liking.

I hope you will be bold enough to swallow your words if he eventually wins

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sowore Release ; I Fear NNAMDI KANU From Today. / N400m Fraud: Metuh ‘cooked Up’ Allegations To Frustrate Trial —EFCC. / Ekiti: From Land Of Honour To Land Of Horror-thisday Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.