Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' (24978 Views)

Police Arrests Omoyele Sowore, Sahara Reporters’ Publisher (Photo) / Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate / 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by hyperflex(m): 11:11am On Nov 01, 2016
Those women own don set. Kano of all places that there r even gaylords there plenty. Poor pple r so jobless they prey on their own poor while the rich commits the same sins n laughs. If they islamize let Naija just break up o.
Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by LorenzoU: 11:12am On Nov 01, 2016
a religion of pretenders they banned sadou but begged her not to go see Akon
they keep beards but easily shave off when a prostitute complains its disturbing her Lols

2 Likes

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by lastmessenger: 11:12am On Nov 01, 2016
uthlaw:
your religion teachers you to smoke drink and romance men
Religionb is not by force bro
Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Jesusloveyou: 11:13am On Nov 01, 2016
Jokerman:
Isn't this d job of the Nigerian police

How can we have two constitutions in one country

How can sharia surpass Nigeria laws in the North??

I don't understand
HOW Can a drunkard police arrest a drunk man, or akuna-akuna police to arrest a prostitute? Is like what the police always do in my area, they always come for their wrap of weed every minute instead of to arrest the seller's and the buyers,
I am not surprised the way iPods reason, always think in their sinful and corrupt manners,
May God help IPods if they will ever make heaven

2 Likes

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by onlyTheTruth(m): 11:14am On Nov 01, 2016
all these people claiming to b practising sharia sul go read again, sharia s practical and conditions mus b met befor u punish sm1

Quran gave d conditions for punishment for all sharia laws, whic most of these kangaroo courts don't follow, and most of them sin pas d ppl they r prosecuting..

"The [Unmarried]woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of
sexual intercourse—
lash each one of them with a
hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion [i.e. law] of Allah, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of
the believers witness their punishment. The fornicator does not
marry except a [female] fornicator or polytheist, and none marries
her except a fornicator or a polytheist, and that [i.e. marriage to
such persons] has been made unlawful to the believers. And
those who accuse chaste women (of adultery) and then do not
produce four witnesses — lash them with eighty lashes and do
not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the
defiantly disobedient. Except for those who repent thereafter and
reform, for indeed Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." [Quran 24:
2-5]
Islamic law (Sharee'ah) prescribes a very heavy penalty for
adultery. However, Islam does not legislate such a penalty
without first putting in place sufficient legislation that protects
people against falling in sin. It also ensures that the punishment
is not enforced except in cases where there is certainty about the
offence and its perpetrators. Islam is a complete code of living
that is not based on punishment. Its basis is to provide all that
promotes a clean and morally pure life. If some individuals then
abandon such a clean and easy life in order to deliberately
submerge themselves into filth, they incur such heavy penalty.
In the case of adultery, Islam requires four witnesses to testify
that they have seen the offence, or else, a clear and confirmed
confession by the perpetrators.
It may be suggested, then, that the punishment is unreal and
unenforceable, which renders it ineffective as a deterrent.
Punishment is not the basis of the Islamic approach; its basis is
prevention, education and cultivating people’s finer feelings and
consciences so that they refrain from even contemplating this
offence.
Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Fourwinds: 11:14am On Nov 01, 2016
it takes two to tangle...what about d men they were romancing.? a similar case presented to Jesus Christ....nonsense
Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Exciton(m): 11:14am On Nov 01, 2016
Amah70:
Sharia operates in northern Nigeria with multi-religious population because of crass ignorance in the population of southern Nigeria. Most foolish southern Nigerians now say; "what is my business with sharia in the north since I am not going to live in Islamic north?"

But if Nigeria continues like this, with sharia criminal laws in the north of Nigeria, but which shall spread gradually to the south, fifty to hundred years from now, most of the people in southern Nigeria shall be Muslims. Those who refuse to convert to Islam may emigrate to other countries or be killed by Jihadists.

Unless southern Nigerians have resigned to having Nigeria governed through Islamic sharia criminal codes, they must rise now and demand for the northern sharia states to renounce adoption of shariacriminal laws.

@bolded: Exactly my thoughts! I only put it in a milder form. Southerners are politically unenlightened or apathetic.
Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by dikeigbo2(m): 11:16am On Nov 01, 2016
uthlaw:
your religion teachers you to smoke drink and romance men

And those men are saints abii?

2 Likes

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Amah70: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2016
It's worthy to note that Boko Haram says it's fighting for a country to be governed through Islamic sharia criminal laws.

Laughable seeing Nigerians shout "good job by our gallant soldiers " any time Nigeria soldiers gain upper hand against Boko Haram fighters.

But truth is that Boko Haram which fights for a country to be governed through Islamic sharia criminal laws has millions of supporters in northern Nigeria which also unconstitutionally adopted unconsituational sharia criminal laws

It shall be an endless fight against Boko Haram, but ignorance and political apathy have made many southern Nigerians not understand this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Kingbuhari(m): 11:21am On Nov 01, 2016
9jii:
Before you Hate this if you can't live there just leave
Or you Stop reading about us.
Welcome development, we need to sanitised our Land from Sin.
God for give us all.
Will that reduce the number of almajiri in Kano or will that decrease the number of terrorist in ur religion... Why do take 3% from Vat since alcohol is ur worst. Enemy.... Hypocrites

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by DEngr: 11:21am On Nov 01, 2016
post=50673766:
Eleven women in Kano state have been arraigned for drinking alcohol, smoking, and romancing with men who aren't their husbands.

These vices are contrary to the Sharia legal system, the Faggae Outpost of the Kano State Hisbah Board (Sharia Police) stated on Monday.

Commander of the board's Special Services, Malam Salisu Umar, said the suspects, including four divorcees with kids and a three-month-old pregnant woman, were apprehended by a special patrol unit around the Sabongari area of the state.

"The suspects are females between the ages of 21 and 24 and were apprehended around midnight at beer parlours in Faringida and Abedie Road in Sabongari. We have brought them before a competent Sharia court for prosecution," he said.

He added that they've been arraigned in court after which their case was adjourned till November 14th, 2016.

They are currently awaiting trial at the Central Prisons, Kano.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/sharia-police-arrests-11-women-for.html

Where are the men they are romancing? They should arraign them all in court together, else the women should be left free.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by DEngr: 11:22am On Nov 01, 2016
The women should be left to go freely if the men were not arrested along with them. Don't bastardize Islam. The religion that preaches equity and equality.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Blue3k(m): 11:25am On Nov 01, 2016
Kingbuhari:
EDIOTS, hypocrites, later they will be demanding 3% for alcoholic VAT, u don't drink alcoholic but any money generate from it, u will follow chop the money, tell me any Muslim man that don't smoke or drink alcoholic I will show u a pregnant virgin... Buhari is a cow... Tufiakwa

How can they collect tax something they banned? It's like Nigerian government taxing weed and cocaine revenue from drug mules and cunsumers.

olas24u:
This same place share in vat collected from alchol from other parts of nigeria.why dont they just move and change location.we have many muslim countries that dont practice sharia.

How old wait a minute. Which foolish state would share tax revenue with Kano. These guys are truly parasites. If the production didn't occur in your state how can u tax it.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by sarahade(f): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2016
Na wa o. Orisirisi why didn't they arrest the men they were romancing? Or they are saint because they are men and allah will automatically pardon them.
Stupid law, for foolish people.

Quote me and you will be denied paradise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by cococandy(f): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2016
More like misogynistic men policing their women in the way they know best.

Tell them it's what their god wants to cover up for their innate wickedness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Whytelyon(m): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2016
Jokerman:

I don't understand

[size=13pt]one reason why we say Donald Trump hates them is this. Even in the United Kingdom of Great Britain, which is an English speaking catholic nation (Anglo catholic), they tend to host their own sharia law. Just depicts how confused they are.

Since when did a way of life start affecting religious beliefs? Yet in their Quran it's allowed to marry more than one woman and fornicate with your maid servant whom you call slave. Isn't this deceit at its. First order!

Smh for this utterly confused fellows. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by TheVictorious(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2016
9jii:
God for give us all.

WHAT SIN?? What constitution defines sin and which one will try you for the sin that you committed in you mind. You guys are really benighted; hence the stagnation of Nigeria and Africa at large!

2 Likes

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by mustymatic(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2016
naijamakossa:
Muslims and hypocrisy
Your religion allows all that. But it's none of my business
Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by einscienstist(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2016
What Is Sharia..? And What Is Islam..?

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Whytelyon(m): 11:39am On Nov 01, 2016
9jii:
God for give us all.

- apostasy = death isn't a sin
- fornicate with your slave girls, isn't a sin
- Lying to unbelievers and stealing from them, isn't a sin

But

- Arrest people drinking and having fun is a sin?

This religion really cracks me up. grin

5 Likes

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by LockDown69(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2016
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by olas24u(f): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2016
Blue3k:

How can they collect tax something they banned? It's like Nigerian government taxing weed and cocaine revenue from drug mules and cunsumers.

How old wait a minute. Which foolish state would share tax revenue with Kano. These guys are truly parasites. If the production didn't occur in your state how can u tax it.
that is how resources are distrubuted from the center to all 36 states plus fct.its cheating and reducing the level of producitivity.
Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Blue3k(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2016
olas24u:
that is how resources are distrubuted from the center to all 36 states plus fct.its cheating and reducing the level of producitivity.

Sad this is why fiscal federalism needed. When hypocrites want to have their cake and eat to. When tax revenue dries up we'll see if they are really serious about their bann.

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by tymgotel: 11:49am On Nov 01, 2016
Jokerman:
I don't understand
Na 2day you knw nigeria is a Zoo?

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by MadCow1: 11:51am On Nov 01, 2016
I fully support Sharia Law..

But we must apply it properly. Those who don't like it should leave the state or seek legal means of opposing it. We sadly live in a world where the majority calls the shots.

But speaking on a national level, Sharia states should be exempted from proceeds of things they oppose like Alcohol, pork and such. It makes no sense that they should benefit from such taxes when they oppose them and don't contribute to them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by calabardick(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2016
Jokerman:

I don't understand

They're busy closing down beer parlors, arresting patronizers, but what about boko haram? Why can't they go to sambisa and arrest them? Is terrorism not part of their religion of peace?

Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by RoadsAndGreen(m): 11:55am On Nov 01, 2016
I only blame the Christians in the south who sit and watch being humiliated. when you ask them to react they tell you God will fight for them while they praise Israel military humiliation of Palestine. why didn't Israel wait for God to fight for them?

none of my business

2 Likes

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Whytelyon(m): 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
MadCow1:
I fully support Sharia Law..

But we must apply it properly. Those who don't like it should leave the state or seek legal means of opposing it. We sadly live in a world where the majority calls the shots.

But speaking on a national level, Sharia states should be exempted from proceeds of things they oppose like Alcohol, pork and such. It makes no sense that they should benefit from such taxes when they oppose them and don't contribute to them.

[size=13pt]

grin
Just as Iraqi and Syrians supported the sharia law brought by the Islamic State. I smell your ignorance from here.

"Teach us how to pray" today it's fight against the Sunni, the Shia the Yezidi and kwhariji. Now it's battle in that region.
You obviously know nothing about the Islamic religion. I understand, that's why,so I wouldn't blame you.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Whytelyon(m): 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
I only blame the Christians in the south who sit and watch being humiliated. when you ask them to react they tell you God will fight for them while they praise Israel military humiliation of Palestine. why didn't Israel wait for God to fight for them?

none of my business

[size=13pt]Which part of south you talking about.? [/size]
Re: Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
What of the "men" that were being "romanced"? Anywhere there are romancers, there are romancees romancing then undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reuben Abati: The Return Of MMM, Tales From Sambisa And The Boy Died / Sowore Disrupts Godfatherism Politics, Raises N150m From Public Donation For Cam / 2nd Term: Governor Yahaya Bello Relocates To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.