Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji (962 Views)

Sardauna Was Afraid Of Igbo: He Was Not A True Statesman / Orji Kalu: If Fashola Were Igbo, He Would Have Betrayed Tinubu / Lai Mohammed, Fashola And Fayemi At FEC Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by JoSaintiago: 10:40am On Nov 01, 2016
A former Governor of Abia State, Orji Kalu, has said Igbo people are better traders than politicians.
Kalu said the lack of understanding of politics and the indiscipline of Igbo politicians were responsible for what he called the political backwardness of the South-East.
He said the political fortune of the Igbo would have been better had their politicians approached politics like the Yoruba.
Kalu said Igbo politicians had a lot to learn from how a former Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola, and his predecessor, Bola Tinubu, handled their differences during Fashola’s second term.
He said things would have been different if his own successor, Theodore Orji, had the same approach as Fashola.
Kalu, who said most of the Igbo elite were selfish, said the Igbo should blame themselves and not the Federal Government for their woes.
The Editor-in-Chief of The Interview magazine, Mr. Azu Ishiekwene, in a statement of Monday, quoted Kalu as saying this in a recent interview he granted the magazine.
According to Ishiekwene, Kalu told The Interview magazine that, “Let me tell you, there were more problems between (Bola) Tinubu and (Babatunde) Fashola than there were between me and Theodore Orji. But it is the discipline of the Yoruba that kept them at bay.
“The Igbo have no discipline in terms of politics. They are very good traders; they’re good in anything they do, but they don’t understand politics.”
Kalu recalled a conversation he had with President Muhammadu Buhari, where the President wondered aloud “why previous high-profile Igbo appointees had done nothing for the region.”
According to Ishiekwene, Kalu barred his mind on the agitation for the sovereign state of Biafra as well as the travail of the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.
He also spoke on “his relationship with former President Ibrahim Babangida and former Governor Ikedim Ohakim; the recent statement of former Governor Peter Obi; and allegations that while he governed Abia for eight years, his mother ruled,” Ishiekwene said. http://punchng.com/fashola-igbo-left-tinubu-kalu/
Re: If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by izombie(m): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2016
T
Re: If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 01, 2016
He said things would have been different if his own
successor, Theodore Orji, had the same approach as
Fashola.

Dude still crying cos of this.
He is now running mad rubbing oil everywhere cos of that¿
SMH

1 Like

Re: If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by 9jii(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2016
Tinubu is a great Man,fashola is destined for a greatNess.
It's the time.
Re: If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by sekundosekundo: 10:52am On Nov 01, 2016
9jii:
Tinubu is a great Man,fashola is destined for a greatNess.
It's the time.

Tinubu that stole the property of the dead and the living in Lagos State, a great man?.
Fashola that dug a borehole with billions of Naira, destined for greatness?. I can't believe this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by JoSaintiago: 10:54am On Nov 01, 2016
Is it godfatherism that made Orji not to develop Aba and Abia state like Tinubu did in Lagos and for which governors after him are continuing? I don't understand that logic! If we need godfathers to bring development, I am all up for it but it's not the case here! The case here is that some criminals are good criminals while some criminals are very bad criminals! Rubbish published by punch to massage Yoruba inconsequential ego. If the likes of fashola and other Yoruba yes men can take rubbish from their god father to remain in politics at all cost am sorry we igbos are not created like that. We are proud of who we are and the way we live our lives. Forget Nigerian politics that is not the end of life and nothing is permanent in life. Check other human development indices, South East zone has the best human development record and best standard of living under recent UNDP report in all Nigerian 6 geopolitical zones. Because Hausas and Yorubas have conspired against us we should be mourning and lose confidence in ourselves is that what Kalu is suggesting. Never it will not happen. They can keep their presidency while we keep making strides in other areas in science, technology, commerce, diaspora quality human capital as we don't care. I am a proud igbo man and in the next world I will be an igbo ma

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by SAHACO(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2016
JoSaintiago:
Is it godfatherism that made Orji not to develop Aba and Abia state like Tinubu did in Lagos and for which governors after him are continuing? I don't understand that logic! If we need godfathers to bring development, I am all up for it but it's not the case here! The case here is that some criminals are good criminals while some criminals are very bad criminals! Rubbish published by punch to massage Yoruba inconsequential ego. If the likes of fashola and other Yoruba yes men can take rubbish from their god father to remain in politics at all cost am sorry we igbos are not created like that. We are proud of who we are and the way we live our lives. Forget Nigerian politics that is not the end of life and nothing is permanent in life. Check other human development indices, South East zone has the best human development record and best standard of living under recent UNDP report in all Nigerian 6 geopolitical zones. Because Hausas and Yorubas have conspired against us we should be mourning and lose confidence in ourselves is that what Kalu is suggesting. Never it will not happen. They can keep their presidency while we keep making strides in other areas in science, technology, commerce, diaspora quality human capital as we don't care. I am a proud igbo man and in the next world I will be an igbo ma
Igbo matters giving Nigerians sleepless night till eternity.

2 Likes

Re: If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by lashout1: 11:20am On Nov 01, 2016
Ibeg! cone heads are used to subjected slavery, we ain't part and have never added that to our Resume.

2 Likes

Re: If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by MXrep: 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
OUK should stop crying, we don't need political megalomaniac like Tinubu in the SE. since we prosper in whatever we lay our hand on, we are ok with that
Re: If Fashola Were Igbo He Wud Av Left Tinubu-0ladimeji by PFRB: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
Orji Kalu himself being an Igbo is expected to know that Igbos have a way they behave. If you want an Igbo man to follow you , you have to convince him of the route you are taking him to. If not you are on your own. kalu is talking as though he wanted TA Orji to follow him sheepishly and Kalu ought to know that that wont happen with an Igbo man.

(1) (Reply)

‘Nobody Asked President Buhari For Oil Blocs Or Contracts’ – Obong Victor Attah / PHOTOS: Eyitayo, Dopkesi, Olanipekun, Nwofor Attends Ondo PDP Court Hearing / Why It Is Plain Foolishness To Attend The 2face Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.