Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,949 members, 7,848,852 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:05 AM

We Arrested Obanikoro, Fani-kayode To Make Nigeria Better—efcc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Arrested Obanikoro, Fani-kayode To Make Nigeria Better—efcc (449 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: "Why Buhari Abandoned You" - Femi Fani-Kayode To Ortom / Precious Chikwendu Feeds Femi Fani-Kayode To Prove Saharareporters Wrong (Video) / Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi "Shut Up" For Blaming Jonathan On Palestinian State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Arrested Obanikoro, Fani-kayode To Make Nigeria Better—efcc by dipoolowoo: 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
By Modupe Gbadeyanka

Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr Ibrahim Magu, has explained that those in the custody of the agency are not product of witch-hunted by the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led government as being speculated in some quarters.

Mr Magu, speaking yesterday at the Commission’s office in Abuja, played down on the rumour that the likes of Mr Musiliu Obanikoro, Mr Reuben Abati and Mr Femi Fani-Kayode were arrested because they oppose the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.

But according to the EFCC boss, the trio are in detention in order to cleanse and make Nigeria a better place for all.

He made this known when a popular Catholic priest, Rev Fr Mathew Kukah, visited the Abuja office of the agency on Monday.

Mr Magu, speaking after the visit of the Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Sokoto, assured the inmates that their incarceration was not personal.

“It is not personal. This is all about Nigeria and making it better. And I think there is a consensus around this,” he said.

During yesterday’s visit, Mr Kukah met with the inmates, including Mr Obanikoro, Mr Fani-Kayode and Mr Abati, where he prayed for them.

He also urged them not to be downcast, but to see their temporary imprisonment as divine.

“I discussed with some detained suspects like Femi Fani-Kayode, Musiliu Obanikoro and Reuben Abati; and I am quite pleased they are looking cheerful.

“I was also happy with the humility of the acting Chairman who took me round and the way he interacted with the detainees. This is what is important for our country so that nobody takes these kinds of things personal. I am happy I came.

“We are all staff of EFCC to the extent that we want a better country and we are doing what needs to be done. We’ll continue praying that God guides you, keeps you safe and ensure that we build a country that we all will be proud of.

“This country has suffered so much, but we hope and pray that we can bring the suffering and trauma to an end as we collectively fight corruption,” Mr Kukah said at the visit.

The trio of Mr Fani-Kayode, Mr Obanikoro and Mr Abati are presently being held over allegations bordering on fraud.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2016/11/01/arrested-obanikoro-fani-kayode-make-nigeria-better-efcc/

Re: We Arrested Obanikoro, Fani-kayode To Make Nigeria Better—efcc by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
Great

1. Femi Fani-Kayode, Musiliu Obanikoro and Reuben Abati - did anyone know that the language of communication by the trio is same shocked
2. He (Bishop Kukah) also urged them not to be downcast, but to see their temporary imprisonment as divine. shocked
- it means that they are sacrificial lambs grin
3. I am quite pleased they are looking cheerful.
- Because they have not been commuted to jail terms grin
4. "The trio of Mr Fani-Kayode, Mr Obanikoro and Mr Abati are presently being held over allegations bordering on fraud."
- guilty as charged

(1) (Reply)

Militant Group Chides Buhari Over Failure To Make Categorical Statement On N’D / EFCC Has Released Former Presidential Spokesperson / Supreme Court Affirms Seriake Dickson As Bayelsa governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.