Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,219 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

The Illegality Of The December Local Government Election In Abia -reagan Ufomba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Illegality Of The December Local Government Election In Abia -reagan Ufomba (344 Views)

Underaged Children Voting In Kano Local Government Election (Photos) / Lagos Residents Go Topless To Protest Against Local Government Election. Photos / Lagos Local Government Election 2017 Results (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Illegality Of The December Local Government Election In Abia -reagan Ufomba by chisom83(m): 12:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
I have written prolifically and profoundly on why the proposed charade called local government election of December 7th is fatally and futilely, null and void, or voidable and an ILLEGALITY.
I do not want to sound like a broken record on a straight forward issue for the simple reason that both the sights and sounds and the fury, coming from a 'PDP-made opposition' would be vibrating on blocked deaf ears, and minds made up; thereby signifying nothing.
However, I must find comfort as well as refuge in the proverbial adage that "the elderly must not be idling away at home while all the goats (both he and she) dies in the yam barn".
I must therfore remain standing!
If my mathematical adumbrations meant nothing, how about the statistical effusion that over 200,000 young Abians turned 18 and above since the last general elections and Review of the Voter Register?
Would we disenfranchise them, including my daughter Derby?
Of-course, the way things are today, these young lads would miss the golden opportunity to vote and be voted for; whether as Honourables(?) or as semi-appointed council chairmen.
The only reason to deny these Great Abians their fundamental human and democratic rights is because the government has remained adamant, fixated and constructively unengaging.
On its part, ABSIEC like a leprous finger of a cancerous political hogwash, tied firmly to the divide-and-rule apronstring philosophical chicanery, has chosen to deny these generation of Abians the right and opportunity to ascend to the headship of the third tier of grassroots governance.
Their only known sin is that they turned 18.
The law is that you review the register before every election to ensure inclusiveness. A due process arrangement Abia government abhors and can never condone. They have advisers of everything under the sun who lack both the courage and the expertise and the open mindedness to advise their principal aright and admit their own wrong.
Is this a statement of fact or another criticism of a saintly government of WE and THEM ?
I have championed and continue to champion the crusade for a democratic local government system. But such process must meet the tenets of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.
Anything to the contrary portends danger, an aberration, an ILLEGALITY, and a waste of the peoples' scare resources.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Focused On National Issues / EFCC Rejects Obanikoro’s Offer To Refund N100m / Police Arrest Suspected Facebook Fraudsters In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.