Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Help Us Decide: Language / Platform For Hospital System - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Us Decide: Language / Platform For Hospital System (750 Views)

What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) / Multi-Player Whot & Ludo Game For Phones: Please Help Us Test This App / The Best E-commerce Platform For Nigeria (opensource) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Us Decide: Language / Platform For Hospital System by shadowmay(m): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2009
hi i am presently working with a team of programmers, and we are trying to develop a complete management system for an hospital. We are currently still in the data gathering phase and we are trying to decide what languages to use in the development. Our client has briefed us on requirement and with dis we have come up with the following criteria

1. the software to be developed should be web based
2. the software should have a relatively low resell price (thus the we need to reduce to the minimum all licensing fees)
3. it should be fully cross platform
4. it should be able to communicate with standard medical equipments.(ultra scan machines etc)

so far we feel PHP/mySQL and Ajax calls should do but the job but we are having problems with criteria no 4 (basically because php is a server side script and the client side (the browser) is basically xhtml)

Good programming pl of nairaland we need your suggestions on
1. choice of languages to use if u if what we chose wont work
2. or suggestion on how to interface eternal devices with the client web pages
Re: Help Us Decide: Language / Platform For Hospital System by BigStar1(m): 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2009
use any of the .net language. I guess your conditions should be satisfied
Re: Help Us Decide: Language / Platform For Hospital System by shadowmay(m): 3:50pm On Oct 28, 2009
.NET, that means we would have to use IIS, which in turn means we would have to use Microsoft server. I think dis doesn't satisfy the second criteria of it been cross platform.
Re: Help Us Decide: Language / Platform For Hospital System by Seun(m): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2009
.NET, that means we would have to use IIS, which in turn means we would have to use Microsoft server. I think dis doesn't satisfy the second criteria of it been cross platform.

You can use Apache and MySQL with .NET, but it's not cross-platform. How about Java/Scala?
Re: Help Us Decide: Language / Platform For Hospital System by segsalerty(m): 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2009
men ,  use JAVA ,  use your PHP/MYSQL , and AJAX for whole job but when it comes to communicating with those devices ,  then , call JAVA Applets embeded in those HTML interface to com with the device when needed only ,  u are already on the right track solving the problem ,
best of Luck and happy programming ! grin
Re: Help Us Decide: Language / Platform For Hospital System by yawatide(f): 1:06am On Oct 29, 2009
Based on #3 and #4, I'd say java all the way. Java ME maybe? I haven't touched java in a while so could be wrong here undecided undecided undecided
Re: Help Us Decide: Language / Platform For Hospital System by logica(m): 1:57am On Oct 29, 2009
#4: U can access the serial port using Java; and you can access Java through Javascript. With Javascript in your page, you can figure the rest out.

(1) (Reply)

Repair Of Damaged File With Htm Extension! / Connecting Java Application To A Database / Largest Gathering Of Offensive Hackers Converges On Miami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.