Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? (10297 Views)

Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Saicology212: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
africanusvu:
Who nw knws which is sealed and roadside oil again.i live here in nnewi.my 3 of my neigbours sells both seald and unseald.bt u knw wat?they simply pour the unseald into cans of popular brand.seal.and sell as seald.nw.wat they sell to u seald is same as wat they sells to me unseald.and u cant notice d diference.

These Igbo guys are horrible. Please, dear automobile drivers out there, always BE VIGILANT and check to see what the service men are doing when you go for servicing or changing of fluids.

I caught one miscreant putting EXPIRED BLACK manual transmission oil when I went for the regular servicing at a popular service station where I live.

What frightened me was the total apathy and disregard to whatever catastrophe and damage their greed-informed decision may have eventually caused the entire episode had gone unnoticed. Rather they were insistent I pay for the quantity that they had poured into the chamber.

Livid as I was, I simply got into my car and drove off. It would have been a waste of time to inform the management of the station because they probably would have condoned it.
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by defolman(m): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
USPlaceofAutos:

Yes there would be implications if you use the wrong specification of oil for your car. Some don't notice it immediately is why they think they can get away with pouring any type of oil in their car engine.

Don't settle for less. Love your car so it can treat you right. You don't want it breaking down when you need it most. Depending on the year your car was manufactured, you can use engine oil that can last you months before you need another change. It might look expensive but worth it in the long run.

To choose the proper type of oil for your vehicle, refer to your manufacturer’s manual because that is where you can get the right viscosity oil e.g. 0W30, 0W20, 5W20, 5W30, 10W30, etc. In cases where you can’t find the manual, it’s also common to see the recommended oil printed on the oil cap under the hood or you can ask google.

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos
Well said just like a business man
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by greggng: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
Goodplace:
My car engine oil seems to be black and due for an over haul the price of packaged oil is expensive so am thinking of buying the normal roadside oil to do its overhaul. Will there be any implication? its a Volkswagen passat. please advice.

You don kill me with laughter. I will prefer I beg nairalanders for financial help to buy quality oil rather than knock my engine with fake road side oil. At the moment I ve parked my car cos of the cost of oil. I m hoping for some form of miracle to happen financially even from my good people of nairaland. Pls park ur car pending when u ve got the fund for good oil
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by jaybolly(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
Goodplace:
My car engine oil seems to be black and due for an over haul the price of packaged oil is expensive so am thinking of buying the normal roadside oil to do its overhaul. Will there be any implication? its a Volkswagen passat. please advice.

For you to be driving a VW PASSAT, I would expect you to not throw caution in the trash can when it comes to car maintenance.

For the life of me, DONT DO IT.

You can't believe NIKE "Just Do It"[b][/b] on this one
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Pickmycall: 5:29pm On Feb 25
Readonee35L:
Smh.
angry.
I know you buy the regular 20w-50 In your car. And if that's too expensive for you to afford.please sell the car.
I beg you . Sell It.
Of all cars to do this with , you're talking about a Volkswagen Passat . I don't even pour road side oil in my gen .
Is a roadside engine oil bad for a portable generator?A 1litre of powerflo engine oil is ₦2800.It is hard to cough that kind of money in this tinubu's regime.I don't mean the mix oil that they add black and used oil.The pure light green oil.
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:54am On Feb 26
Goodplace:
It's not by force to use a car. We know things are difficult right now, so why not park the car at home and jump bus a little. Instead of losing your car engine for no reason. The oil for my car is 75k as of now. Whenever I can't afford it. I dump the car and ride my bike until I can. You don't have to drive everyday.
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by 2shure: 12:52pm On Feb 26
I got total oil 20w50 oil yesterday 4litres. 16k. 1 liter 4k.
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by bigl: 9:43am On Feb 27
gazzuz:

Don't mind all these haters, pour the oil jere.

There are already too many vehicles on the road grin

grin grin grin grin Its Gazzuzz again!!!
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:20pm On Feb 27
bigl:

grin grin grin grin Its Gazzuzz again!!!

izit u? shocked
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by bigl: 10:13pm On Feb 27
GAZZUZZ:

izit u? shocked

Yes boss ... I go soon come patronize your auto shop!
Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:55am On Feb 28
bigl:

Yes boss ... I go soon come patronize your auto shop!

Expecting

1 Like

Re: Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? by Shellsploit: 8:14pm On Mar 02
Tinubu administration don show us shege!

Ordinary Allied brake oil "smallest can" that cost N700 some weeks ago now goes for N1300

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Legal To Drive Right-hand-drive (RHD) Vehicles In Nigeria? / New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 / Power Steering Issues: Tips On How To Fix It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.