Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders (1648 Views)

Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs / President Buhari In A Meeting With Niger-Delta Leaders / Niger-Delta Leaders Reject FG’s $10bn Development Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders by exlinkleads(f): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday received leaders of the Niger Delta region at the Aso Rock Villa. According to The Punch News, Buhari the 16-point request was presented by the Amanyanabo of Twon Brass Bayelsa State, King Alfred Diete Spiff on behalf of the leaders.

Some of the requests made include allocation of oil blocks and awards of contracts to indigenes of the region, review of the amnesty programme, de-militarisation of communities in the region and relocation of operational headquarters of oil companies to the region, among others.

See the full 16 point request below....

see all @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/11/president-buhari-receives-16-point.html

Re: President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders by omolami: 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
The ND leaders must stick to there guns. Must be weary of saboturers from its end. Must equally reject attempt by the nor... to use stick and carrot game
Re: President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders by OJUcrook: 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
I'd expected them to raise the bar higher than this. I'd expected that their demand would have %100 resource control
Re: President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders by DropShot: 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
Neither the govt nor the ND leaders can force any oil company to locate its operational headquarters in a restive and violent region.

Let the states and hosting communities prove they can guarantee human and material assets of those companies and see if they will not relocate there.
Re: President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders by sarrki(m): 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
Baba if it is in the interest of SS and Nigeria as a

Whole no problem.

We really trust your judgment

Only enemies of Nigeria and frustrated wailers

doubt your judgment
Re: President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders by ImoRiver: 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
I love Edwin Clark. The history of Ijawland can never be written without acknowledging his far reaching commitment to the interest of his people through a long life well lived. Though controversial as a result of his raw and bold approach to issues I still find it impressive that he succeeded in virtually all. The moment I disliked him was when he attacked Odili directly calling him an Igbo man attempting to take Ijaw turn in Vice Presidency which produced Jonathan as VP in the end.
Re: President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders by Opinedecandid(m): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2016
COOL!

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Four NSCDC Officers In Rivers(graphic Pictures ) / Adebayo Shittu, Buhari's Minister, That Is Responsible For Data Price Increase / My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.