Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa (835 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi As Best Man To Celestine Omehia During Wedding (Throwback Photo) / Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards / Angola Overtakes Nigeria As Africa's Top Oil Producer After Pipeline Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by 3609ja: 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
The World Bank has declared Ghana as now the best country for doing business in West African sub region, beating Nigeria to second position, with Ivory Coast in third position.

In its yearly report on the Ease of Doing Business, the World Bank said it rated 190 countries, which indicate marginal progress in several areas.

According to the rankings, Ghana was ranked as the ninth best place for doing business in Africa after Lesotho and Zambia.

Nigeria was ranked next to Ghana based on what the bank described as factors policies inconsistent with survival of businesses in the country.

However, Nigeria recorded the highest point in the area of commerce, with 14 points out of 70 among 190 countries where it came first over all other countries in the sub region.

As was last year’s ranking, Mauritius once again ranks best in the region, with an overall Doing Business global ranking of 49.

Mauritius performs best in the areas of Protecting Minority Investors and Dealing with Construction Permits, with a rank of 32 and 33 respectively, on those indicators.

Ghana recorded its biggest jump in the area of trading across borders, going up by 13 places to 167 out of the 190 countries ranked.

It also went up by three places to 76 on the resolving insolvency indicator and two places to 122 when it comes to getting access to electricity for businesses. On the global front, Ghana’s performance went up globally by three places to 108 out of 190 countries ranked.

The World Bank rankings assessed countries based on 11 indicators such as starting a business, access to a credit facility, registering a property, access to electricity, paying taxes, protecting minority investors, trading across borders, enforcing contracts and resolving insolvency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by EHMIR(m): 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ok
Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by dukechilezie(m): 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
I don't know who to blame for this. Should I blame PDP or APC? Let me sit here and read comments below. I wish to learn from critical thinkers and analyst.
Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by chinjo(m): 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
Oya bubu over to u. you see ur life?

1 Like

Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by sarrki(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
Nigerian politician are wicked
Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by AllTheWayUp: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
grin grin grin

Common Ghana
Buhari see ur life
Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by Ahmeduana(m): 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
THANKS TO GENERAL CASSANDRA!
Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by Omenkata: 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
sarrki:
Nigerian politician are wicked

And buhari is a terrorist a charlatan and an economic bokoharam coupled with that primary school home economics teacher ruining the economy called kemi adeosun the milf smiley

1 Like

Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by sarrki(m): 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
Omenkata:

And buhari is a terrorist a charlatan and an economic bokoharam coupled with that primary school home economics teacher ruining the economy called kemi adeosun the milf smiley

Lol

Don't go to bed with the kind of ranting

It will have an adverse effect on one
Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by Ratello: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
Looking at those 11 indicators I don't expect to see Nigeria there no doubt. Only under Buhari undecided you won't see those zombies here now.
Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by babyfaceafrica: 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
We have heard..next!!
Re: World Bank: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria As Best Place To Do Business In West Africa by raydo: 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hi @3609ja ...I'll like to relocate to Ghana. I have some skills but no work yet. I'm single & pregnant & want to Start over in a serene environment.
Where basic amenities work especially health care. Please can you advise me oh how to Plan. Get job & move
Thanks

Twitter & Instagram- @rachiewabbit

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Come To Niger Delta By Yourself – Militants Tell Buhari / Senate Probes Amechi Over $2bn Rail Deal - New Telegraph / What If Jonathan Contest 2019 Election Under APC, Would You Still Vote For Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.